• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Different kind of pit players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andro

Smash Rookie
Hello it hasnt been long since i joined this site and i'm a pit/sheik user. But today im gonna tell you guys about pit.

The Illusionist- This style consist of arrow arrow blitzing and swarming.
They loop arrows around their opponent to confuse them hence the name illusion.
While they are doing this they usually would bombard the opponent with their quick
attacks. To be this style of pit you must have incredible reflexes and dodging abilities
orelse the opponent will get you off guard. The color of this Pit should be black or gold.

The Trappers- This style consist of using your spam ring and the a button.
They trap their opponent by spamming doing quick damage.
When they are finished spamming their attacks they would load up for
a power hit and send them flying. You don't need much skill for this unlike the illusionists
rather all you need is the timing. Hmmm this color could either be blue or normal.

The Deflectors- This style is mainly using your mirror shield or the ring.
They time the throwing of projectiles and when its time to relfect they do double the damage.
To kill their opponent they use the ring while sliding with the c stick.
This style is very deadly they can be untouchable at times but you have to be
good at blocking objects or reflecting them.
This style has perfect timing and cannot be beaten in reflexes.

Overall all of these styles are great so try combining them to the ultimate pit

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
lol this post is hilarious. I've never seen a good Pit use the last two styles. This should be moved.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Don't forget The Breakers

They maintain constant aim on the opponents shield on offense. When the desired amount of shield is given,
they punish with moves that will poke it. With constant shield pressure with manipulating charged arrows and delayed attacks. After a nice read of the enemy, a charge f-smash is most likely will break the shield.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I think it was intentionally serious, but taken as a joke.
I did both... *guilty*

It was posted in wrong thread that's all.

OKay despite the comedy, since this is also posted in the general threads, noticing everyone else but a pit main except really me commented.

Gotta give the guy some credit if any because it has some truth behind it.
No one plays specifically towards these styles.

As if I'll go home and claim I want to be a "deflector pit", I gotta work on this style.
^--- as ******** as this sounds, it can lead to discussions of how to use a move in certain situations, which can be helpful. Its a pit break down.

Say some discussion gets started as a "deflector pit". We use mirror shield to turn the opponent around. Should we just call it a lucky reflect and try to punish, or actually look into it and see what we can actually do in the allotted time.

How serious are you in learning pit? lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom