• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difference between good di or bad di

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
i dont get it,like ive seen people say "nice DI" but i dont get how u could make a di better.do u have to time it some way or react quick.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
This is a simple question. It should be in the sticky. For future reference, post stuff there if it's not too complicated.

You can make your DI better by pressing the direction perpendicular to the knockback you are about to receive before initial knockback.

:059:

castorpollux

Smash Champion
u know u have good DI when u fly off into the top right/left corners of the screen

mith132

Smash Apprentice
How do you guys go about practicing your DI (especially when the only person you have to play with is your brother and he hates brawl XD).? And so is this what i should do when knocked to the right side of the stage....

1.DI up initially (got from Ishiey's post)
2.momentum cancel via fastest aerial

is that it or am i missing something

thanks

~Simple~

Smash Cadet
Brawling with my awesome lizard friends who have r
How do you guys go about practicing your DI (especially when the only person you have to play with is your brother and he hates brawl XD).? And so is this what i should do when knocked to the right side of the stage....

1.DI the opposite direction your move initially
2.momentum cancel via fastest aerial

is that it or am i missing something

thanks
Read your post again.

That's pretty much it but to really stop your momentum try to fastfall with your ariel. At least that's what I know.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
is it ur fastest ariel or one that blocks di the most. i tend to find wolf's dair is much better for cancelling di then his other air moves in any direction.

§witch

Smash Lord
His dair is his second worse for momentum canceling actually. Bair while slamming up is best for when you get sent flying; bair and sideways is best for when sent skywords.

mith132

Smash Apprentice
His dair is his second worse for momentum canceling actually. Bair while slamming up is best for when you get sent flying; bair and sideways is best for when sent skywords.
wait so you dont want to fastfall the bair?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
You do want to fastfall the bair, at least if you're sent vertically. That's why a lot of people use dair, it automatically makes you fastfall. Overall, bair is your fastest aerial so use it over anything else.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
but that doesnt make sense.its not ur fastest ariiel that cancels momentum.look at kirby his dair cancels so much momentum and it is much slower then his bair.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Not fastest to come out, fastest to end overall. At least, as far as I know. No clue which aerial does that best for kirby. Fastfalling is vital though, if you're hit vertically.

Top Bottom