• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's Usmash can be teched?

Saltix

Smash Lord
What are the specifics on this?
I Usmashed a MK at low percentage (the usmash brought him to 33%), and he teched one of the hits in place before the usmash was even finished!

I'm pretty sure the he didn't jump, so is it possible to DI hits that pull you up into the air, and tech them?

I think I saw something like this a while back, but it seems to have slipped my memory.

If this is known, then oh well. It's been resurfaced and something to keep in mind I suppose.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Diddy's Usmash is weird in general, don't ask questions, just go with it.
lol...

its cool to just accept it. but would be better we knew everything about it. its pros and cons and its advantages and disadvantages. i know in brawl u can get out of any multi hit attack.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Yeah, that happened to me yesterday. Except he didn't tech it, and it was a ZSS. Regardless, he could have teched it.
Yeah, upsmash can be... weird.

TreK

Is "that guy"
i got naired by luigi during the usmash once and it killed me ._. wtf

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
If an attack elevates your character's collision boxes off the ground, or you get caught a couple inches off the ground by an attack the moment you jump, you gain the ability to SDI in any direction. This is most likely what occurred with U-smash.

If you are expecting Snake to detonate C4, you can also SDI that attack back into the ground and tech at certain low percentages.

Top Bottom