• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's New Banna Lock....For Wario?

PurpleAvenger

Smash Rookie
First off, you should probably see this if you haven't already:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207191

Its pretty crazy how fast people are getting this down. Obviously Diddy's gonna be pretty popular soon between this and Ninja Links match versus M2K.

Now, after seeing this video,

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=FHHb_JRmmTk

I started to think. Wario has some pretty crazy ariel DI abilities. The only thing that keeps this from becoming an infinite (as far as I can tell) is the inability for characters to get behind the opponent with the banana quickly. The first question is whether he can do this in the first place, which he SHOULD be able to (fair or nair I think should do it).

Next is to see if it can be turned into an infinite, or if Wario can do soemthing weird with it.
Basically, I don't have much time to test this. I have exams in a week, I can't tape it, and my WiFi is terrible. So I'm hoping some members of the Wario board will test it and see whats up. Even if Wario can't turn it into an infinite (to fsmash?), it should be intresting to see what he can do.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It has got to be set to walk.... not run.

It won't work for wario, it's a rare thing for her. Her airdodge is weird and her falling speed makes it only possible. She can Z throw it down and airdodge catch it, but that only works for her and her only. Diddy can single naner lock with his dair, supposibly hylian claims his bair and uair but wario's fair and nair have landing lag even if they autocancel. Plus even if wario can do this, it's much harder than performing diddy's naner lock. Sheik's is ridiculously difficult and highly impractical to do it in a real battle even if mastered... At least diddy can combo into it from another banana.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575

It won't work for wario, it's a rare thing for her. Her airdodge is weird and her falling speed makes it only possible. She can Z throw it down and airdodge catch it, but that only works for her and her only.
Wario is a she?

Mast3rofDarkness

Smash Rookie

It won't work for wario, it's a rare thing for her. Her airdodge is weird and her falling speed makes it only possible. She can Z throw it down and airdodge catch it, but that only works for her and her only. Diddy can single naner lock with his dair, supposibly hylian claims his bair and uair but wario's fair and nair have landing lag even if they autocancel. Plus even if wario can do this, it's much harder than performing diddy's naner lock. Sheik's is ridiculously difficult and highly impractical to do it in a real battle even if mastered... At least diddy can combo into it from another banana.
Thanks alot. now I'm gonna secondary Sheik

deadflesh

Smash Rookie
To be honest I think that diddy kong could become something not a counter but something..... but ive been thinking that alot of these players people are not looking at could pop up soon and take out some players unexpectedly..

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I think the naner lock is possible. You have to RAR into the drop and after hes been tripped once you can drop -> FF nair repeat. 0_o

Top Bottom