• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's Dash Attack Spikes

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Yesterday, I went to a Brawl tournament and I got paired up against Sago (Samus). During the match, he was at 140% at 2-stock and the match took place at Battlefield. What happened was he was hanging off from the ledge and all of a sudden, Diddy used a dash attack to spike Samus and she couldn't get back on the stage. Similar to Game @ Watch's dash attack.

I feel like this needs more testing to see if Diddy's dash attack spike was a fluke, or if it's legit.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
It's a fluke, and Sago likely just got stage spiked. Diddy's Dash Attack has absolutely no spiking properties so far as I can understand the info from PSA.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
if sago was on the ledge as samus, he was probably going for a fair when you hit him, so he di'd into the side of the stage

I assume.

Sago

Smash Lord
I was going for a zair through the stage which requires you to hold in directly on the wall.

The dash attack stage spiked me because of how close i was to the stage. Much closer then just hanging or jumping up.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Every dash attack in the game has the potential to stage spike someone from the edge if they do something stupid.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'm pretty sure the argument was that Diddy's Dash Attack spikes in general, not just stage spike (which is wrong). Anything can stage spike someone really :\

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
If you can guess what your going to do next, you can try a dash attack spike. Guess you could try it on characters that try to duck down from the ledge and uair, like Pit for example that uses Uair.

Unless your playing on Wi-Fi and get lag spiked after getting hit by a peanut gun. As far as offline play goes, you would lose your second jump and rely on the Up B to get back on the stage after getting hit by the peanut.

Top Bottom