• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy MU discussion

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
Figured it would be good since we've had a lot of various tips and stuff but no real mu thread.

A few things:
-use bananas against him
-watch out for side b
-don't be stupid
-stay alive
seriously, Diddy can't kill until really high percents, take advantage of that. DI well and don't get gimped.
-space attacks
-troll the heck out of him by whistling bananas

E

emo dabuz

THESE ARE THE OLIMAR BOARDS, WE DON'T DO ANYTHING 'ROUND THESE PARTS

/caps

Dnyce

Smash Master
learn how to play with items (instant throwing, z-catching, ibomb, etc)
learn to do a standard get-up (when you trip or pratfall) 98% of the time
once you get that down....

Throw pikmin at him until you can forward smash or grab

bananas -
for the most part, throw his bananas so that they land on a platform. this makes his immediate options for using it limited, as well as going for the banana a lot more obvious

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Dont throw bananas away, he can pull them out faster than you can punish him. Use them against him or simply throw them up to stale and limit him to use em. (like Dnyce said: learn to play with items)

Shielding bananas to insta-throw rather than rolling. Dodging is ok :)

Dont be to predictable throwing bananas at him, remember hes got the best banana control (lol), so he can easily insta-throw them back at ya, or just catch em and use em uuuuuhggg...

Reading Diddy kongs movements is simple, his approach will always be Banana + something. Dont let yourself get fooled with banana trickery.

Dnyce

Smash Master
ongs movements is simple, his approach will always be Banana + something. Dont let yourself get fooled with banana trickery.
Sure, until they learn that monkey flip, dash attack + normal approach options (like running up and pshielding the fsmash / spot dodging the grab) work.

If diddy's approach was always banana... simply using shield would destroy the character

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Oh ****! i forgot that, :p

Well his SideB has gay priority but once it is Shielded you can Up smash it right away, power shields to Usmash is good.

Running A is annoying cause of all those hits... you can shield it but he will probably grab you after it, so maybe sometimes its better to let your self get hit an throw a good DI...

if you camp well and counter his bananas his normal approach options will come to a huge limit he cant just walk and get close, first he will always try to get his bananas back, if youre close he will try to push you (throws in most cases) to get you off the way and get his bananas back.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Hey you guys wanna know something hilarious and awesome

If Diddy is holding a banana and has the other one right next to him (so he could mash A and throw both bananas) and Olimar spams fsmash, the fsmash SPAM WILL BLOCK BOTH BANANAS. I realized that fsmash works as an amazing shield. the Pikmin BARELY gets there, but it does. Diddy is forced to jump and throw the banana over the fsmash... so just usmash. Lmao Oli is so ********

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Side Bs also stop bananas.

Did you guys know? When you Charge a smash, and Diddy throws a Banana it wont hit you, instead it will hit the Pikmin thats going to attack....

But since it stops your smash its not really that.. usefull.. maybe

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It causes a Pikmin Rocket. As soon as you release the charge, the Pikmin will be launched from wherever he is for the attack's animation. But it's not a reliable thing to try.

RichBrown

Smash Master
I swear, just sit there and spam fsmash and wait for diddy to throw the banana above you

It's so ******** but it works

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
lets hope it does. Dont wanna see you lose to another diddy.

Once you grab a banana i notice diddys tend to jump or do pointless things waiting for u to throw his banana back, dont be predictable when countering bananas.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
if you are gonna spam the f smash against his bananas though make sure you are a far away distance, if its to close the banana will still hit you before the 2nd f smash blocks the banana

Greward

Smash Lord
Hey you guys wanna know something hilarious and awesome

If Diddy is holding a banana and has the other one right next to him (so he could mash A and throw both bananas) and Olimar spams fsmash, the fsmash SPAM WILL BLOCK BOTH BANANAS. I realized that fsmash works as an amazing shield. the Pikmin BARELY gets there, but it does. Diddy is forced to jump and throw the banana over the fsmash... so just usmash. Lmao Oli is so ********
diddy will just side b over our fsmash, maybe run and shield the fsmash then grab because he got an insane grab range then use one of those extremely fast broken throws, if we DI hell just go for bair for edgeguard then well come back hell shield and grab or if we land on a platform hell throw another banana on us then fair to outstage and repeat (huh just imagining a posible outcome lol ignore it). its useful but not a perfect option, if i get trapped but his banana spam i'd just run away or even jumping away

main problem is not his bananas, diddys who rely on them are easy to win in this matchup (even though olimars trip is terible). imo diddy has got too much options for approaching and he got high priority and fast attacks, in addition his grabs are omg so damn broken. if u ever dont DI one of them we can lose a stock.

RichBrown

Smash Master
I think jumping vs diddy is a bad idea, because diddy makes it hard to land. At least neutralizing the naner game with standing fsmash helps, but you're right we just need to be ready for sideB.

Noa.

Smash Master
Oh yeah Grew it is essential to DI his throws. I just want to stress that point again.

Also it's difficult to get back onstage against Diddy while on the ledge. I assume just waiting before an opportunity arises.

Top Bottom