• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ Character #9~ Kirby

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Dojo is the best kirby right now...and thats....weird.
*Have yet to play my Kirby*

I wish to know more Diddy Kong mains that's not in another state so I could tell more about this match up. Hell, I haven't even seen a Banana Lock in person before. )=

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Isnt The Sauce Boss in MI?
And if I hadnt moved, I would have been 20 min from you (Ann Arbor, MI) :)

Back on topic; When are we starting the next set of character MU discussions? The last two have been going on for several weeks now.

Atomic Yoshi

Smash Apprentice
I don't know the MU, but when diddy recovers couldn't kirby use stone, then cancel it and make it back to the stage?

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah, but its easy to dodge. Dair is a much better option for gimping Diddys recovery (longer duration, can follow DI etc.)

iDeo

Smash Journeyman

Back on topic; When are we starting the next set of character MU discussions? The last two have been going on for several weeks now.

50:50 imo

Kirby's main disadvantage in this MU is just the ground game, which is limited by Diddy's bananas. However Kirby can compensate for this lose by CPing Castle Siege, to disrupt banana combos easy and then bairing to keep the spacing up while maintaining the air dominance. Another thing is Kirby's minor combo with: f-throw-->uair-->d-throw-->up-tilt-->bair. which racks up about 40 something damage. Kirby can also easily gimp Diddy with the dair and if Diddy were to horizontal recover the bair would cease that easily. Not to mention Kirby can kill very quickly with the f-smash or the hammer and can counter spot dodges with a dash attack. Kirby can recover quite well with the hammer, down-b for vertical protection, 4 jumps, and an upB of course.

All in all I can see this MU looking like its even.

And yeah, I'm ready to move on to another MU. lol

TreK

Is "that guy"

well the wario matchup has been figured out so another one can be started now. And the peach one is waiting so that makes two new ones doable if you're lazy
This one however, is quite problematic so I'm waiting gnes's vids personally. You could move on as well, but I don't think the discussion is over.

'bout the matchup.....
I have no clue 'bout kirby and get ***** by bair campers =V
I don't care I CP Marth. Muhahaha.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

Yes, but the last time I faced him was teams when he had Meta Knight, unless Diddy Kong wears a mask. The last time I Brawled his Diddy Kong was a year ago with Luigi and not Kirby. T_T

Top Bottom