• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy kong vs Metaknight...wtf!

Chalupa3266

Smash Apprentice
Ok so can anyone give me any tips against metaknight? I recently was in a very big tourny over here in california.

I got 13th out of 70+ people , Enders Game 9, but I got knocked out by metaknight players.

They were very aggressive and gave me 0 time to pull out a banana. I felt very useless fighting against these metaknights as they were also very good players.

Anyone have any tips against aggressive metaknights?

The games I did win against metaknights were on luigis Mansion, i would lay nanners on the bottom floor and get them stuck in a combo that was hard to escape.

But on open maps, im ****ed.

Can anyone help me? thanks!

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
What ever you do don't follow him outside the stage. lol. Easiest way to get gimped. Since a good metaknight won't leave u alone, throw him once pull a banana and make back glide tossing your best friend. don't worry bout killing just keep ur distant and try and build damage. At about 130% all u have to do is up tilt to kill him. either way its not an easy match up. His glide toss is better than yours so make sure he doesn't take control of ur bananas.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm having the same trouble. Aggressive MK's just don't allow you to develop a good banana game.

Same goes for Toon Link with all his projectiles.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
try to knock them as far away. I had trouble with a mk at a tournament too. You gotta like space your self a lil bit to fully pull out the naners.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
yeah basically bannana spam is your only chance. if they try to stay aerial, shoot some peanuts. tap b, i like that vs shorthopping opponents and if they land glide toss a banna back or forward

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
as a diddy kong main, my tip against metaknight is this:

pick a different character.
I agree. You might as well grab your ankles and brace yourself. Metaknight's biggest weakness, his light weight, can't be played on by Diddy, I feel. You can't fight him in the air. He seems to out prioritize Diddy Kong's aerial attacks. He can just hop over bananas. His edgeguarding is better than yours. It's almost like you're fighting a better version of yourself but without bananas.
The best thing you can do is space yourself and hope for the best.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
wow, did no one read my comment? You DO NOT have to switch characters, you just gotta know how to play him =p

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wow, did no one read my comment? You DO NOT have to switch characters, you just gotta know how to play him =p
i didnt watch the video along with your comment nanerz, but im pretty sure we both agree that diddy can **** MK if you know what you are doing.

-If he tornados or shuttle loops, free damage for you. the banana messes both of those up.
if you dont have a banana, you can even hump him out of the tornado, or shield grab the loop
-if he runs at you, throw a banana at him or ftilt, or just shield grab if you think he's gonna attack/dodge if you think he's gonna grab. if he jumps alot, spam peanuts like someone else said until he has to approach on the ground
-you can play on how light he is. he dies to a fresh fsmash at like 100% (this is AFTER his he hit by it, so about 85% before the fsmash) from about anywhere on the stage. you can dash attack--> spike him and theres nothing he can do, even with his 5 jumps, at about 80%

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Wow N4N3RZ, that video just inspired me to take out Meta's with my Diddy. I wish there was a way to drop the banana while getting attacked similar to how snake does. That way, if you get tornado you can drop it to flee to safety. But overall just hit and run against the metaknight.

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
Let's be real. Not putting down your Diddy in any way, your skills as a Diddy player are great and better than my own Diddy (should NEVER admit that). In the linked video, that Metaknight could have done so much more to you. If he had spent more time simply trying something else other than that Up B, he would have known he could have approached Diddy using Metaknights Down B and Side B to get around the bananas. He could have shorthopped his Dair and Fair all over the stage jumping over bananas as he went. It's more like that Metaknight didn't know how to play against Diddy.

Metaknight at his best>Diddy at his best.....
but it is closer than a lot of people want to give credit.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
vs shorthopping people I like tapping b for peanuts, it goes in an arc with no charge

and if the metaknight trys to approach with dair or fair just roll and glide toss, he has to land sometime

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
[john] I SD'd round 1 which I would have won if I didnt. round 3 ended with me having more % then him,[/john] Just saying.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Let's be real. Not putting down your Diddy in any way, your skills as a Diddy player are great and better than my own Diddy (should NEVER admit that). In the linked video, that Metaknight could have done so much more to you. If he had spent more time simply trying something else other than that Up B, he would have known he could have approached Diddy using Metaknights Down B and Side B to get around the bananas. He could have shorthopped his Dair and Fair all over the stage jumping over bananas as he went. It's more like that Metaknight didn't know how to play against Diddy.

Metaknight at his best>Diddy at his best.....
but it is closer than a lot of people want to give credit.
They are even matches. If Diddy plays perfectly safe then he IMO is better.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
dont try to gimp a mk.. really lol maybee a barrel but going off stage vs mk = u loose al l3 stocks immediatly

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Well i fought M2Ks and Fortes meta knight. I beat M2Ks and 2 stocked Fortes. Its not hard if u kno what ur doing.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Um lets see. Try to keep a banana in hand. dont go TOO high above him. Use peanuts to keep him grounded when u have bananas on the floor. What'll happen is the peanut hits him he falls from the stun into the banana for a setup. For edgeguarding, if u can bait him to upb from the ledge, stay close as possible to the ledge without gettin hit. Best way shield near the ledge or just stay inch away from the hitbox and uair him before hes able to glide attack.. Remember he cant glide attack immidiately after the upb. Hes forced into the loop first. If ur quick u can spike him from this but u have to be on point. if hes gliding to reach the ledge, shoot a peanut or throw a banana (or both) to stop the glide. U can combo a banana throw into a spike if ur fast.

also try this on him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxY7ogT5IZ0

Works on meta to a degree so u can setup for stuff. I guess thats it for now. Too much to explain.

Xavi

Smash Cadet
You can go offensive barrel by tricking them into the air (as meta knight players love whacking you in the air) and then launch yourself with an Up-B. Your heavier than Meta knight, so you can land back down and whip something up before they hit the ground.

I tried this on one of my friends who uses meta knight often, the funny thing is that he keeps falling for my offensive barrel strategy :p

And, of course, if they don't like an aerial game, they'll have a harder time approaching you, so either way you can get them in a combo.

Top Bottom