• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diddy Kong Social Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am hoping his cartwheel still sets up for awesome juggles.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With King Dedede revealed, I think it's safe to say that Diddy is the most likely character to be revealed next. Am hoping that he looks as great as DK in this one.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
With King Dedede revealed, I think it's safe to say that Diddy is the most likely character to be revealed next. Am hoping that he looks as great as DK in this one.
Diddy is a definite in February. However, I wouldn't say he would be next, I'm expecting another reveal in late January. But it's speculation.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Diddy is a definite in February. However, I wouldn't say he would be next, I'm expecting another reveal in late January. But it's speculation.
Well if there is a nintendo direct before that date, then we might even get a newcomer right before so it is one thing to consider.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie won't be revealed before Diddy. That's a thing for sure.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well if there is a nintendo direct before that date, then we might even get a newcomer right before so it is one thing to consider.
He or she is talking about the super smash bros 64 anniversary on January 21st and there's a Nintendo event thing with trailers at the end of January.

Anyway yes 100% positive we get diddy kong for DKTF

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Do you guys like how DK looks in this game? Just like in Brawl, the Kongs will have similar designs in fur textures and the likes. Am currently still mixed about DK. Innitially, I thought he looked awesome, but never really liked his render. Don't like the goofyness in the pic wth Zelda either. Am hoping Diddy will show less teeth, and a bit more personality. In Brawl, I felt they did fine with him, but am eager to see Diddy now.

Still not too sure about moveset changes. Though, I'd like a different Forward Tilt. His tail needs to be used more I feel. Down Smash could also be removed for something more original, yet equally powerful.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If Diddy isn't revealed for Tropical Freeze, I'm gonna guess that he's paired with Dixie and they're going to hold out on his reveal because of that. I'd much prefer they both be separate characters, though.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Do you guys like how DK looks in this game? Just like in Brawl, the Kongs will have similar designs in fur textures and the likes. Am currently still mixed about DK. Innitially, I thought he looked awesome, but never really liked his render. Don't like the goofyness in the pic wth Zelda either. Am hoping Diddy will show less teeth, and a bit more personality. In Brawl, I felt they did fine with him, but am eager to see Diddy now.

Still not too sure about moveset changes. Though, I'd like a different Forward Tilt. His tail needs to be used more I feel. Down Smash could also be removed for something more original, yet equally powerful.
I think he will look fine, i do wish they had gone with a more fuzzy looking fur like he has in DKCTF though(similar to the fuzz on dedede's coat). Dk at least doesnt look brainless like he didn in brawl (go on look at him in brawl and his render, no soul), and the teeth shouldnt be an issue, they are apes not ducks so they are bound to show them at some point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thought the Brawl renders captured the Kong's personalities from Rare the best. I remember seeing DK's render first time in Brawl, and thought it looked purely amazing. Didn't get exactly the same feel from DK this time around, even though I still think he looks good.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Yes.

3rd Donkey Kong spot is up for grabs between Dixie Kong and another character in the series.

Just don't clone. kthxbai
Two options.

Diddy and Dixie are combined into a Ice Climer pair, ( they should just cut the Ice Climers and have this instead )

Diddy Kong returns, which is inevitable, then Dixie takes the third spot.

The first option could make King K Rool likely, but they haven't been using any Kremlings in any DK games as of lately which makes you wonder if they would even want to put K Rool in at all, besides Bowser is good enough, at least maybe that's what they're thinking.

Either way I think we might see Dixie added.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K.Rool and Dixie can easily get in togheter. I see no need to tag Diddy and Dixie togheter. Especially since this isn't even possible in DKC: Tropical Freeze, which would be the game referenced on their page.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Thought the Brawl renders captured the Kong's personalities from Rare the best. I remember seeing DK's render first time in Brawl, and thought it looked purely amazing. Didn't get exactly the same feel from DK this time around, even though I still think he looks good.
the render in the cutscenes was great, but the one they used for artwork and in game just didnt do it for me, he looked so blank and animalistic.

(just look at his eyes, terrible)

while the new one with his head only slightly turned already has far more expression even in just his eyes and focus.

Granted they have done a better job this time around, but it could still use some work to make him resemble current dk rather than snes dk, were past that now. I think diddy will end up much better and in possibly a more dynamic pose for his artwork, while being more playful with his in game animations as well.

but i agree they got closer to diddy in brawl then they did with DK IMO

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still think the Brawl render looks awesome, and his eyes don't look dead at all. SNES DK is still best DK to me, so I have no troubles with that look. Not at all!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucario came quite unexpected yeah. But Zelda and King Dedede got revealed quite soon after each othher as well I think. It's a good guess to think Diddy is next (seen the tripped Lucario sitting besides Villager's tree?) but it could also be someone like Yoshi or Wario.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
All I want is this to play during his Final Smash

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Diddy Kong will probably come on the 21st as it's a major release date for Tropical Freeze and a Friday.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Diddy Kong will probably come on the 21st as it's a major release date for Tropical Freeze and a Friday.
It comes out next week friday in Japan if we are to see a DKC character it will most likely be then

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
It comes out next week friday in Japan if we are to see a DKC character it will most likely be then
Hmm...that seems very possible seeing as Dedede and Zelda were released on Japanese dates. Still, with the two dates only a week apart from each other, it's possible he might choose to opt for a reveal on that day as it'll be released everywhere by then. Either way, Diddy is coming this month.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Can't just wait for the most beloved newcomer from Brawl to be back! I hope they make him look really expressive, but seeing how SSB4's done so well with the veterans' looks so far, I'm sure Diddy won't be any less impressive.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think Diddy will be revealed next week, and they usually reveal characters on Wednsday, Thursday or Friday, and Lucario was revealed on a Friday, a lot of them were revealed on Thursday though, I remember because they reveal them the same day TNA Impact is on.

Diddy's reveal date is so close, my Seviper can smell it, he's been acting rather unusual lately, much like he does whenever a character is about to be revealed.

I hope they improve something, and I just have to say Diddy and Dixie Ice Climber mechanics would be awesome, it represents the whole Kong team thing in DKC games and leaves some hope for King K Rool.

Dixie could also be a costume for Diddy too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Get hyped! We're seeing Diddy this week!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if there'll be a Nintendo Direct to tie in with the release of DK Tropical Freeze.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'm hoping to see Dixie too.
Yeah, Diddy/Dixie was planned in brawl, and now that Dixie is more popular, why not? She doesn't seem detailed enough to be her own character, but a tie in with Diddy would be nice.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
personally i'd like to keep diddy the same, but with a direct on the same day makes me think either we get diddy on the PotD and no real smash news at the direct or maybe something big. but who knows with sakurai
although there is another possibility. What if diddy is revealed tonight, and they also reveal a DK newcomer? It would make sense if they show both diddy and dk in the CG trailer, they would have to reveal him just to show it in the first place.

Top Bottom