• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diddy Kong Social Thread

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Well, no Diddy in the PotD. I think he (alone) is going to be shown in the Direct.
If that happens, I'm going to be disappointed.

It's just so boring to announce just Diddy, a guy everybody is expecting, I want to see something good, like Dixie or King K Rool.

Another character I'm thinking they could show is Mewtwo.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
If that happens, I'm going to be disappointed.

It's just so boring to announce just Diddy, a guy everybody is expecting, I want to see something good, like Dixie or King K Rool.

Another character I'm thinking they could show is Mewtwo.
I want to see K Rool, but I think it's unlikely that they show a newcomer so soon after Rosalina. And I don't want to get my hopes up, only to be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think we might see a new character every two months until E3. So basically a character today and then in April and then E3. If there is a DK character newcomer, today is perfect for a reveal. Keep the hype flowing.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
Well, no Diddy in the PotD. I think he (alone) is going to be shown in the Direct.
It's certainly possible but I'm not sure if Diddy is a important enough character (Smash wise) To warrant a nintendo direct announcement like Sonic was so if we do indeed see him be prepared to see Dixie with him

fill

20EggsEggs
It's certainly possible but I'm not sure if Diddy is a important enough character (Smash wise) To warrant a nintendo direct announcement like Sonic was so if we do indeed see him be prepared to see Dixie with him
I hope theyre not together, but maybe they can bring back diddy and use him to introduce dixie as a newcomer not attached...just hoping, im probably nowhere close lol

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
I hope theyre not together, but maybe they can bring back diddy and use him to introduce dixie as a newcomer not attached...just hoping, im probably nowhere close lol
Maybe we will get Dixie today and then get Diddy revealed during the American release

TeamFlareZakk

When are they showing the Nintendo Direct, I thought it said 2:00 Specific Time, which means it starts specifically at 2:00, right?

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
So.... any other date for his reveal?

EDIT: maybe next week, for NA release?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm honestly surprised that Diddy wasn't revealed yesterday, especially since character reveals tend to be related to the Japanese release dates of games. Getting Little Mac in was amazing, but it seems odd that the Donkey Kong franchise kind of got the shaft here. (seeing as basically every major release, aside from Pokemon X and Y for some reason, had a character reveal tied into it)

fill

20EggsEggs
I'm honestly surprised that Diddy wasn't revealed yesterday, especially since character reveals tend to be related to the Japanese release dates of games. Getting Little Mac in was amazing, but it seems odd that the Donkey Kong franchise kind of got the shaft here. (seeing as basically every major release, aside from Pokemon X and Y for some reason, had a character reveal tied into it)
I'm surprised they didnt use DK in the video to announce since DK was in the Punch Out game, could of had DK in the ring with gloves and Mac comes in, not saying the video wasnt cool tho

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
It's because everyone was expecting him. I honestly believe Sakurai creates these patterns to crush them and surprise us. Still I can sympathize with y'all in that I was really hyped for a poke rep back during X and Y's reveal. Hell, I'm still on edge for a PT release. Fortunately in the case of Diddy we can all agree he hasn't the foggiest chance of not coming back.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah, I'm sure he's coming back - I just want him to be confirmed so we can find out whether or not he'll be teamed with Dixie. I've heard people saying that was intended during Brawl, and I'm not a huge fan of the concept - not only does it require Diddy's moves to be significantly reworked, but it diminishes both of them by not making them individual characters despite their long histories.

TeamFlareZakk

I'm going to be honest here, because I was expecting something DKC related, Little Mac kind of disappointed me, I don't think yesterday was a good day forLittle Mac, I was excited to see either Diddy and Dixie revealed or King K Rool, now that Mac is revealed it's giving me the impression that later this month, we're going to see Diddy revealed some time around the release date everybody gets Tropical Freeze, which I think is boring, I want to see Diddy and Dixie, not just Diddy.

I thought Diddy's move set in Brawl needed some help, he played like a wild animal, or as if he was Primape or something just raging around, I hated that moveset, I'd like to see Dixie added to change it up a bit a evolve the Diddy we saw in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really liked the wild moves Diddy had in Brawl to be honest. Was also kimda dissapointed we got Mac this Friday instead of Diddy

TeamFlareZakk

I really liked the wild moves Diddy had in Brawl to be honest. Was also kimda dissapointed we got Mac this Friday instead of Diddy
I totally agree, it was more of a let down and seeing Mac just didn't excite me, now all I want to do is play the game and play as Diddy and fight Mac, I',m not sure if I'd use Mac, but I know I will be fighting him, and by being revealed on Diddy's big day, he's barking up the wrong banana tree, Diddy is gonna kick his butt in Super Smash Bros.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That was exactly what I thought when I saw Mac and how much emphasise there was on him fighting DK! Think they'll reveal quite some Diddy vs Mac pics when Diddy's reveal is up. It was always one of my favorite potential rival battles I was looking forward to. Especially now, as Little Mac took away Diddy's spotlight.

But now that Diddy has missed his chance, when will we actually see him? It's starting to look a bit like Yoshi's situation now. We know they are in, both had plenty of oppertunities to be shown as of now, but we still don't know anything.

Am hoping to see Diddy soon, as actually, he's still my most hyped character. Seeing him again, whilst obvious, would just be amazing. He's 100% gonna be my main again. And seeing him early would give more room for a DKC newcomer, just like how all Mario veterans where revealed early, and we got Rosalina.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I think we will get a "surprise" Diddy reveal this Friday (New DK game comes out on NA this Friday) and get Mac pictures meanwhile. Then we'll probably get Diddy pictures and pictures of Diddy and Mac together.
If this doesn't happen, then Diddy might get revealed randomly, like Lucario.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy is one of the few characters in Smash who was created by a western developer, so I guess Friday could happen.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm expecting tomorrow, also. I just hope he retains most of his Brawl specials, as I liked how it was taking from DK64, one of my first games I've played, maybe even the first. Plus, it's completely original. Adding Dixie might ruin the uniqueness making them an Ice Climbers 2.0

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't see why we'd get Diddy tomorrow. Reveals are only ever random or tied to a japanese lunch day.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
i feel no diddy tomorrow as well the challenger banner is still up, and it feels like its gonna be a pokemon x and y release day kinda thing sorry y'all just mah guttttt

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was gonna ask, why tomorrow, but then realised tomorrow is Friday. Anyway, I wanna see Diddy soon. Hope he doesn´t come with a goofy toothygrin however.

fill

20EggsEggs
I don't see why we'd get Diddy tomorrow. Reveals are only ever random or tied to a japanese lunch day.
YAY!!! japanese lunch day ;)

I'm expecting tomorrow, also. I just hope he retains most of his Brawl specials, as I liked how it was taking from DK64, one of my first games I've played, maybe even the first. Plus, it's completely original. Adding Dixie might ruin the uniqueness making them an Ice Climbers 2.0
i hope your right, his moveset was awesome

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I especially really liked Diddy's Smashes and Aerials first time I played him. And oh of course the lovable dash attack, Combo Cartwheel! Hope they don't nerf him. Cause Diddy was mainly so strong in Brawl cause of it's gimmicks. With some nerfs innitially, Diddy didn't preform too well in Project M till the latest version. Hope they actaully buff some moves, as Neutral Air, and make Forward Smash easier to fully land. With glide tossing being possibly removed, I don't want Diddy to suffer with nerfs like say, Mario, Sheik, Captain Falcon, Samus or Jigglypuff received in Brawl. Only move I'd want changed is Forward Tilt. Make it something like his get up attack, a quick tail spin.

For some reason am fearing his Side B will get nefed to, I really don't hope so, cause Diddy having a command grabbing attack was a cool idea I felt.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Diddy was IMO most well-done of Brawl-newcomers - he just simply stayed true to his character, and used the tools and moves from his adventures, while having some new ones befitting the character.

I hope they make him look expressive and cute to look at. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I'm soooo hoping for his reveal to be tomorrow. I'll be peeling out fairly early tomorrow to grab my copy of DKCTF, and Diddy being official for SSB would be the cherry on top.

Top Bottom