• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Diddy Kong [Old] General Match-Ups**

DFEAR

Smash Hero
oh another little tid bit on ness: (ive playd shaky he lives nearby and i believe that he is the best ness. we both go even in wins and losses, he adapts so fast)

ur upsmash beats his dair. the dair itself can combo into itself if u get knockd down into the ground so be careful, tech if u wish its wise.

you should fair/bair every time he jumps because most likely he will fair/nair (do not trade hits its not worth it) u and be very cautious when your both in the air his upair kills.

when hes a hold of a bana he can downthrow into dair and catch it. do not fall for this shield pressure.

and careful of pkt2 is all.

edit:

when off stage, ness is actually quite well at edgeguarding. he can pk fire u into dair O_< its so epic but very situational. do not side b that early when descending, wait a bit before recovering.

also his dsmash and upsmash can stage spike O_< quite the mind**** (ask advent lee about it it was lol when it happened to him)

edit:
can we just post all the information about each character on the first post so we dont have to switch in between pages to read every post >_>. sooo lazy xD haha

_clinton

Smash Master
Lucas' side B approach/retreat is annoying. Predictable because its probably his easiest approach on you but still can be troublesome. Spaces him great, hit stun is great, and definately gets annoying because after the first hit theres a good chance you will take at least one more side B before you can get away from him. Gotta up the ante on peanut game and be a little more cautious with your nana's. Side B makes a rather large safe zone for the lucas player too approach and then commandeer your banana. Punish the f*** out of his usmash and bait the grab for an easy bit of damage. Also those nana's and peanuts can work wonders on his recovery.
!st off...You are saying nuts and peels work on things like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TNSThsdwiw&feature=related
Lucas' recovery gimpable? Nah...
Also...Lucas' Pivot Grab has low cool down time...if he'd even use it...also Lucas' best kill move is Fsmash...not Usmash...plus any smart Lucas isn't just going to be open throwing it out anyway

NESS! I fight a **** good ness on a regular basis and for whatever reason have a good bit of trouble with him..... That up-B will mess up your recovery pretty bad. His fair is just rediculous. Don't even bother trying to trade airials with him. Watch the spike its a *****. Don't let him get those throws off. Pk Fire isn't much of an issue here, range is lower and he cant really use it for an effective approach so long as you space/expect it to be coming. His fsmash HURTS. Careful with his dsmash, the back end of it can really poke at you and be quite annoying. Other than that, I would say banana game is much more doable than Lucas. I tend to rack up my damage on stage, generally I wouldn't bother trying to edgeguard too much percentage on him. He will just get back on with his fair, blowing through your peanuts and airials. Bananas work of course, assuming he doesnt catch them. 55:45
PK Jump, Firebound=two of the tricks Ness can use with his aerial PK fire...

Ness' Fsmash is around the same power as Lucas at the tip (it really only beats Lucas' in power by 4% or so)...but yeah it is a kill move I guess (it is stronger than a sweetspot tilted up Fsmash from Mario...but so is Lucas')

Ness' Nair is good at catching bananas...plus it is a strong "get off of me move"

ur upsmash beats his dair. the dair itself can combo into itself if u get knockd down into the ground so be careful, tech if u wish its wise.
The Dair is DJed...just saying...

you should fair/bair every time he jumps because most likely he will fair/nair (do not trade hits its not worth it) u and be very cautious when your both in the air his upair kills.
Uair, Dair, Bair, and Nair can all kill in some way or form...

I'm shocked Bthrow hasn't been talked about yet...

_clinton

Smash Master
its obvious. can u tell us how to DI it O_< that **** is broken!
Proper DI depends on more than just one thing though...and chances are you are dead no matter what you do if you have 130% or so and the thing is fresh...

Whatever you do don't DI down...otherwise you can say bye bye at like lower than 90% or so (of course a Ness like me isn't going to Bthrow you at 90% most of the time...unless we really feel like betting with our most reliable kill move)

Anyway the knock back is this normally (/)
Holding up will help out somewhat if you are somewhat close to the blast zone (however do note that holding up will kill you sooner than not doing anything at all after a certain % passes and you are far away from the blast line)

I made a guide on Ness' Bthrow and it's kill % for everyone once...and I posted it on Smashboards IIRC (I also made a guide for Ryuka's killing Dthrow if you want to know info on that as well...because everyone likes Lucas)

Oh and for some other notes though...don't hold forward...or else you can get ****ed by Ness' Fthrow in certain areas...plus holding forward doesn't do much to protect you from the BThrow (and whatever you do don't hold forward and angle up...otherwise it is like DIing down...because the knockback becomes straight vertical)

On another note...while Lucas may have a good pivot grab...Ness has a good running, and a good pivot grab as well (If he had a good normal standing grab I'd swear he would have one of the best grabs in the game overall)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
so anything beyond 130% i shouldnt bother to di when fresh? (im assuming pro ness' keep this as fresh as possible) well thats great T_T...

edit:
whats a good follow up after grab releasing ness/lucas? besides stepped fsmash/dtilt

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Also...Lucas' Pivot Grab has low cool down time...if he'd even use it...also Lucas' best kill move is Fsmash...not Usmash...plus any smart Lucas isn't just going to be open throwing it out anyway

I'm shocked Bthrow hasn't been talked about yet...

im not saying usmash is his best kill move, im saying its easily punished. i know that players make mistakes but seeing as this is a defensive game its smart to talk about the punishable moves. bananas can mess with his recovery before he actually takes off. Not to mention LESS cooldown is still a lot of cooldown.

EDIT: Actually yes, I'm not sure how we all missed out on the back throw.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
oh and peanuting/throwing a banana at ness/lucas is an awesome way to gimp/spike them xD

Dotcom

Smash Lord
oh and peanuting/throwing a banana at ness/lucas is an awesome way to gimp/spike them xD
This will only work on Ness.

Also.
I know this is very much off topic but my friend Rush and I got into a debate.
How hard do you honestly think Olimar vs Diddy is, because most Olimar's think it's 55 - 45 in diddy's favr. But your first page says anything else but that.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Squirtle: I'd say about 50:50, I'm not really sure about this matchup.. I played Squirtle against Diddys, but not Diddy vs Squirtle.

Ivy: get's *****. I think it's 60:40 or 65:35 for Diddy

Charizard: Imo it's about even. Charizards grab range is too good, he is also really strong. 55:45 for Diddy

Vs Lucas: 60:40 for Diddy. I can be easy, but a good Lucas isn't that easy to beat. It's not like he can't win. If I'd go from my record against a Lucas I'd have to say it's 95:5 or something like that (and that player doesn't suck), but some fights can be really close.

Vs Ness I only really know how it is for Ness... I can play really well with Bananas and not only with Diddy. My Ness ***** Diddys (well, the fights are close but my Ness wins usually).
I played some Nesses as Diddy and they were annoying, but not that hard to beat.
It should be about 55:45 for Diddy, but I'm not sure.

_clinton

Smash Master
im not saying usmash is his best kill move, im saying its easily punished. i know that players make mistakes but seeing as this is a defensive game its smart to talk about the punishable moves. bananas can mess with his recovery before he actually takes off. Not to mention LESS cooldown is still a lot of cooldown.

EDIT: Actually yes, I'm not sure how we all missed out on the back throw.
Well...I can understand how you would miss it...

And Yes Lucas' Usmash is easily punished...but still...expect it to be thrown out rarely and only like when it is in a situation like this highlight video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBI846nto8

Still...I'm aware of the fact that people can make mistakes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nP1AddmAM8

I'm pretty sure I've already posted a video showing why Lucas' recovery is better than your recovery...but I should point out that I'm 99.99% sure PKT1 from Ness breaks peanuts...

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well...I can understand how you would miss it...

And Yes Lucas' Usmash is easily punished...but still...expect it to be thrown out rarely and only like when it is in a situation like this highlight video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBI846nto8

Still...I'm aware of the fact that people can make mistakes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nP1AddmAM8

I'm pretty sure I've already posted a video showing why Lucas' recovery is better than your recovery...but I should point out that I'm 99.99% sure PKT1 from Ness breaks peanuts...
*sigh* I thought I went through this with you guys a few months ago

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
ADHD me to basically throw oli off stage and edgeguard with fair, don't try to spike, and make use of banana locks cause oli has a good trip animation for them. dont approach until he trips.

And Ness is really hard. I think its 45-55 Ness's favor. He has such good aerial movement, and pkt2 can kill real early if you aren't careful. I play shaky a lot, but it's online, so i can't really edgeguard Ness as well. And pk fire gets better. Don't just throw banana recklessly, because Ness's aerials are great for catching them. I tend to use upthrow a lot to get a bunch of up airs. It's a guessing game for ness because sometimes they will try to dair me and I'll retreat and punish the lag with an up air, while other times i'll immediately up air while they do nothing.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I personally think ness is in his advantage. His fair is just like marths. It instant catches bananas and goes through everything. none of his arials can be punished and if he doesnt get an early KO from a bair or upair he will just get a free KO from bthrow.

ADHD

Smash Hero
60-40 in Olly's favor it's one of his worst matchups IMO
Olimar is 45:55 when you know how to handle it. It's pretty basic tbh. Just don't get grabbed and keep z catching the bananas and rethrowing them at him for pressure! Diddy has several gimping tools (side b footstool grab release combo, fair, and projectiles.) Throw alot, especially uthrow but bthrow and fthrow are amazing in this matchup.

Gnes

Smash Master
Nair is awesome in this matchup...If u keep olimar confined to the edges he cant really do much. His ledge options are shiz and diddy's ledge traps are amazing.

I think its 45:55 our favor.

Count

Smash Champion
Count's matchup ratios

I know that some of you don't like putting numbers to matchups.

Well, I do. So I'm going to. I'm going to try to do mainly the diddy consensus, if I cannot do that I will base it off of my own conclusions.

Meta Knight: 45:55. The fact that meta knight has so many good counterpicks is what makes this in his favor. I would put this as closer to 6:4 than even solely because of that.

Snake 4:6 A campy snake may be my hardest matchup. I may have to adapt the the GayDHD strat.

falco 45:55 A weird matchup that I don't know enough about as I should.

DDD 55:45 originally thought to be strongly in our favor, a good DDD never dies.

GnW: 6:4 GnW has no approaches against diddy.

Lucario: 45:55 Could possibly be worse, but IMO lucario doesn't have as many dominant stages against diddy as some. Leaning more towards 6:4 than even.

ZSS 6:4. A strong matchup for diddy. Snakeee is reduced to peach and zelda vs diddy kong.

Peach 4:6 The matchup we've been talking about for weeks. Does diddy kong have an answer for peach. Vs kos mos this matchup is like 25:75 atm :p

Luigi 4:6 At the end of the day still our hardest matchup. I went back and changed it to 4:6 from 35:65 because despite the obvious difficulity top diddy kongs are still able to sometimes defeat top luigis (P1s recent set win of biglou, ADHD/NL over boss

Marth 4:6 I know thien thinks its even but my personal struggles with marth push me to 4:6 currently. I haven't tried many of his new techniques yet, however, so my mind could still be changed.

DK 6:4 Originally thought to be a difficult matchup, DK is too comboable for diddy and he also has a difficult time avoiding the nanas.

Bowser 6:4 While I've never played a strong bowser in person, I'd think it would be similar to DK. If anybody can change my mind feel free to.

Fox 55:45 I thought this was even at one point, but it is now my feelings that if we play smart we beat fox.

Wolf 45:55. An annoying matchup. Bair is tough to avoid, his reflector, although poor, can still be an annoyance. Patient wolfs seem to be particularly tough.

Pikachu 6:4 pikachus long trip animation make this a fairly easy matchup, even if the pikachu is named anther. Both NL and ADHD still defeated anther last meeting iirc.

Kirby 4:6 This is still a tough matchup for me. I think other diddy kongs feel as if they are closing the gap. I could use some advice on this matchup.

Pokemon Trainer: 6:4

Squirtle 45:55 squirtle is tough to avoid and KOs early but he also dies fairly early.

Charizard 6:4 Rock smash is too good, combo city for diddy though

Ivy 65:35 Maybe diddy's easiest matchup?

Jigglypuff 5:5 I know some people consider this in Jiggs favor, but even without bananas diddy's moveset is better than jigs. Fair I think is just as good/better than her aerials. Leaning towards diddys favor IMO.

Mario 55:45 Fun matchup, cape can be annoying but see jigglypuff in that our moveset is better.

Sonic 55:45 Just play patient and diddy should win..as quoted by somebody "sonics thrive on aggression."

captain falcon 6:4

ganondorf 65:35

sheik 6:4 I know some people consider this a harder matchup, and I've never played a good sheik. So convince me.

Zelda 5:5 I know ADHD says shes grounded and what not, but her high priority and dins fire is so annoying!

Samus 6:4 Projecctiles are annoying but diddy>samus

Lucas 6:4

Ness 55:45 I have a more difficult time with ness than lucas, and I've actually played two legitimate lucas's IRL as opposed to one or no ness's.

Toon link 4:6 Really tough matchup, harder than I originally thought. TL beats you in the air and his projectiles make it tough to keep the momentum necessary as a diddy kong main.

Link 6:4 Link is good but his poor recovery gives us the advantage. Maybe 55:45.

ICs I'm not sure what to think about this matchup. Despite being in the same region I've yet to play lain or chewy. I think we have a slight advantage but I do not know enough to confidentally comment.

Rob 45:55 Thien keeps telling me this matchup is in our advantage but I am still poor at it. I've yet to master the tips he has told me though, so personally I believe I can close the gap still.

Olimar 5:5 While I originally thought this to be a difficult matchup, I believe I understand what has to be done now. I will be playing my region's best olimar this weekend (he isn't amazing, but solid) I will see how I do.

Wario 45:55 Sadly I see this matchup getting worse. Don't miss out on a grounded wario opportunity, that gives you a chance to rack up a lot of damage. Otherwise good luck =/.

Pit 45:55 I struggle with pit but there aren't really any good ones in my area, so I can't comment any further.

Yoshi 55:45 Avoid that chaingrab and this matchup is ours. Face hump is good as noted by le thien.

Ike 5:5 Yes you can get ike in crazy combos but one mistake and you're dead. And he lives forever. I play renegade this weekend so I will have to share my experiences.

Thanks for reading, just something I did for my own enjoyment whilst bored at work more than anything. Feel free to rip me apart. Any further points that I miss or anything I am incorrect on point out!

Player-1

Smash Legend
agreed with most things on the list, except:

Snake I think is 45:55
DK I think is 55:45
Wolf I think is 5:5 I actually have harder times with DK than with Wolf
Ivy I think is 6:4
Jiggly I think is 45:55 and almost 4:6
IC I think is 5:5
Olimar I think is 4:6 and I REALLY don't see how Olimar can be easier than Wolf
Yoshi I think is 55:45
Ike I think is 55:45

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I wonder who can do more with their special items...

Diddy or Snake?
well if snakes could handle their nades as well as we do our bananas they be much more difficult. imagine perfect timing of every gernade and perfct gernade dropping timing great pressure. oh and do forget the immense mindgames of a z dropped nade xD

_clinton

Smash Master
well if snakes could handle their nades as well as we do our bananas they be much more difficult. imagine perfect timing of every gernade and perfct gernade dropping timing great pressure. oh and do forget the immense mindgames of a z dropped nade xD
I said special items...as in dealing with every kind of projectile fruit and shrapnel...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My mama is Filipino, so fried banana is something we have every so often.

But seriously, I might move discussion into it's final week and let everyone discuss the final characters.

EDIT:

Mario
Samus
Sheik
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Sonic

Should be the remaining characters.

So far we've done:
Snake
Falco
Metaknight
ROB
Peach
G&W
Wolf
Dedede
Yoshi
Luigi
Marth
ZSS
Olimar
Toon Link
Diddy Kong
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Zelda
Fox
Kirby
Sonic
Wario
Ike
Pit
Link
Ice Climbers
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Ness

So tell me if we missed anyone.

And before you guys chew me out for doing so many at once, obviously we're gonna leave it at that since its the last lot, and people can take their time discussing. I don't want superficial discussion either because characters like Sonic and Samus can be very deadly :mad:

Also by the sounds of it, Le_THieN and I are gonna be revamping how we go about character discussion here, so this is a necessary step to speed up the process.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Mario: 55-45 (diddy advantage)
mario by himself may seem like meh hes an average character. but he has very unique combos such as his uptilt,jab,secks kick and of course infamous upair/bair. his fair can spike but quite predictable. he can be very campy if chosen to and can be quite difficult to approach if he has water plus cape at his disposal. do not be predictable when recovering, it will mean death (if hes good with the water/cape). just play this match wisely and do not make stupid mistakes and the match is clearly yours. be aggressive in the air if he choose to sh fireballs if he stays grounded then fudge him up peanut/banana style. his fsmash is actually quite powerful O_<. secks kick can combo into alot of sheet so shield when hes descending and if he predicts that then dont bother shield cuz he will probably either jab or grab u. mindgames son xD

Samus: 55-45 (diddy favor)
zair. you know its coming. so you can obviously block it, if you dont, expect to be hit by another zair or fully charged B. anytime you see a samus not near u be cautious. she WILL either B u, zair u or missile u. upb out of shield can be predictable, punish it pls. her bair is quite good but its w.e., Her dair...watch that sheet cuz its one of the best meteors in the game, dont embarrass urself by getting hit by this. What else does samus have? um downb? if she uses it to recovery predict it and either side b her or upb spike/dair her face. she will combo upairs into anything really. her upsmash is homo just sdi away and do not get upaird after it , itwill only get u juggled soon after. her uptilt can be beast...can be >_> but u can expect it if ur close its like her spacing tool kinda. her fair can combo into stuff sometimes if u DI badly. space accordingly in this match

Sheik 55-45 (diddy favor)
I lost to a sheik at cape coral, but due to the fact I did not know what to expect. but after that match we playd friendlies and I prevailed most of them.
Ftilt can combo into a nair or fair or even a grab , U BETTER SDI THIS or ur gonna eat 20-40%, u dont want that lol. her bair is beast and nair lasts forever lol just be cautious in the air and ALWAYS land safe. after she has needles expect to be either hit by the needles followed up by her extremely long dacus or dash attack (assuming she messed up the dacus xD). her chain sucks its w.e havent seen any good uses against diddy yet for it. her up b, very predictable but watch out it can actually push u back O-o. if you recover on to the stage instead of the edge she can upb into the same spot push u slight back for a dsmash/dacus/dash attack/ or a fsmash but u can di the first hit easily. what else uhhh...i thought she had a hard time killing...she doesnt so dont underestimate her power. oh and dsmash has like 3-4 hits i believe u cant just shield one of the hits and if u do better shield grab or ftilt her soon after. u can battle her in the air with sh fairs/bairs but u might trade hits i havent experimented too much on it. oh and oos options is beast here.

Ganondorf 65-35 (diddy favor)
seriously. he doesnt have a projectile. FORCE him to approach and piss the heck out of him. he lands a side b, expect a tech chase into another side b or dair into dair into dair into maybe an fair/bair if u tech O_<. a "good" ganon can punish and kill u easily. but why bother approaching in this match. seriously just peanut and throw bananas. oh and if ganon has a banana he will side b forward glide toss down into fsmash, its like 41%+? his down b goes over bananas just outspace it or shield and punish.

Captain Falcon 70-30 (falcons favor....pffft yea right xD diddy wrecks here)
he sucks. i cant tell u why, he just does. he has **** priority all i can say is if a falcon upairs>upairs>upb's u. end the match u lost. if a falcon falconpunches u. end the match u lost. gotta give them that much credit :p

Jigglypuff 50-50 and i might lean towards jiggly 55-45
i hate this matchup. playing seibriks and spades jiggly is like ugh annoying as hell. they land ONE hit and theyll do ANYTHING to run the time out. so in this match i suggest u do the same because under the time pressure the opponent will make desperate attempts at damaging u in any possible way so they can be easily punishable. otherwise besides the campy jiggs theres the standard jiggs who love to wop u to death (fair,fair,bair,fair, etc.) her rest "can" kill but easily DI-able just dont roll because a rest techchase is a huge hit to ur dignity. her B can be stopped by jumping over her, placing a banana in front of u, shield grab, being on a platform above her, too easily punished. oh and if ur getting camped by the one hit jiggs, u better peanut like crazy and throw every banana at her and limit her landing options once u do u better fair her face, dash attack fair anything as long as u get the higher % on her. i can suggest brinstar/halberd for the easy kills :3

thats all i know from tournament play. i need to stop mindgaming myself in matches that matter >_<.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
i dont have that much knowledge on the ganondorf match up but i think it would be best not to camp him with peanuts and bananas. His down b goes over bananas and breaks your peanuts so i think he can easily punish you if your just camping. I honeslty don't know, iv never had to face one.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
ganon is pretty easy, his only hard approaches are rar'ed uairs and side b
if he auto cancel dairs you, dont try to beat it with a naner, the hit box sometimes will hit you even if he gets hit
his down b is pretty punishable and his tilts arent that great

watch out while recovering, his uair can gimp you easily

Player-1

Smash Legend
Sheik 55-45 (diddy favor)
I lost to a sheik at cape coral, but due to the fact I did not know what to expect. but after that match we playd friendlies and I prevailed most of them.
Ftilt can combo into a nair or fair or even a grab , U BETTER SDI THIS or ur gonna eat 20-40%, u dont want that lol. her bair is beast and nair lasts forever lol just be cautious in the air and ALWAYS land safe. after she has needles expect to be either hit by the needles followed up by her extremely long dacus or dash attack (assuming she messed up the dacus xD). her chain sucks its w.e havent seen any good uses against diddy yet for it. her up b, very predictable but watch out it can actually push u back O-o. if you recover on to the stage instead of the edge she can upb into the same spot push u slight back for a dsmash/dacus/dash attack/ or a fsmash but u can di the first hit easily. what else uhhh...i thought she had a hard time killing...she doesnt so dont underestimate her power. oh and dsmash has like 3-4 hits i believe u cant just shield one of the hits and if u do better shield grab or ftilt her soon after. u can battle her in the air with sh fairs/bairs but u might trade hits i havent experimented too much on it. oh and oos options is beast here.
Even if you SDI the Ftilt, you still take at least 20% if she starts it when you're at 0%, you can actually Uair her Ftilt if your damaged a bit. Don't try to be aggressive when edgeguarding, instead jump onto the ledge so she is forced to use her up-b where it usually lands on stage and you can punish with a Bthrow and repeat it until she aims her up-b right. Actually, she does have a hard time killing since her best kill moves are her Usmash and a fresh up-b which are predictable if you know the matchup well, her Dsmash isn't THAT powerful, but it comes out fast and her Fsmash is predictable, with good DI you both will probably be living to about the same damage %.

Ganondorf 65-35 (diddy favor)
seriously. he doesnt have a projectile. FORCE him to approach and piss the heck out of him. he lands a side b, expect a tech chase into another side b or dair into dair into dair into maybe an fair/bair if u tech O_<. a "good" ganon can punish and kill u easily. but why bother approaching in this match. seriously just peanut and throw bananas. oh and if ganon has a banana he will side b forward glide toss down into fsmash, its like 41%+? his down b goes over bananas just outspace it or shield and punish.

Captain Falcon 70-30 (falcons favor....pffft yea right xD diddy wrecks here)
he sucks. i cant tell u why, he just does. he has **** priority all i can say is if a falcon upairs>upairs>upb's u. end the match u lost. if a falcon falconpunches u. end the match u lost. gotta give them that much credit :p
I actually think CF is harder than Gdorf. I actually beat ADHD in wifi friendlies on one of his bad days when he wasn't trying with Cfalcon, now that says something.

Jigglypuff 50-50 and i might lean towards jiggly 55-45
i hate this matchup. playing seibriks and spades jiggly is like ugh annoying as hell. they land ONE hit and theyll do ANYTHING to run the time out. so in this match i suggest u do the same because under the time pressure the opponent will make desperate attempts at damaging u in any possible way so they can be easily punishable. otherwise besides the campy jiggs theres the standard jiggs who love to wop u to death (fair,fair,bair,fair, etc.) her rest "can" kill but easily DI-able just dont roll because a rest techchase is a huge hit to ur dignity. her B can be stopped by jumping over her, placing a banana in front of u, shield grab, being on a platform above her, too easily punished. oh and if ur getting camped by the one hit jiggs, u better peanut like crazy and throw every banana at her and limit her landing options once u do u better fair her face, dash attack fair anything as long as u get the higher % on her. i can suggest brinstar/halberd for the easy kills :3

Uhhhh....yeah lol, brinstar is one of jiggs best stages especially against Diddy, and Halberd she can do a whole bunch of crap from under the stage. I think it's 55:45 and MAYBE 60:40. She can play just like Wario, but it's like a riskier Wario to play as if you know what I mean.

thats all i know from tournament play. i need to stop mindgaming myself in matches that matter >_<.
in quote 10 chars

Player-1

Smash Legend
thank you for clearing that up p1. no wonder i felt like my counter picks felt like disadvantaged picks against myself :\ where should i counter jiggs to
? besides the obvious neutrals?
Corneria if you can, but battlefield and FD are good neutral stages against her.

Top Bottom