• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong MU's

steelguttey

mei is bei
yea ik hes really ****ing good

when you see him tell him the olimar boards are waiting for his arrival.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
He has a smashboards account, its SShane. He just doesn't use it, you can try tagging him in the olimar boards

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Wow guess it was worth it to have the discussion afterall, at least a great olimar player was uncovered from it. The only thing that annoys me of olimar is you can't play the normal diddy strategy. To do the chain grab, you have to be frame perfect with your d.I read, and may even have to b reverse the side b followup. On top of that you only get 38% cause nair to up b is not fast enough of a follow up on olimar. Then camping is a bad idea because powered up pikmin makes olimar a major threat, and even with a poor agt and glide toss, combinations of pikmin toss and your own bananas is frustrating.
Its just a weird matchup, go yolo, and you eat a double up smash to fair, play too patiently, and he is killing you at around 94%. Its not terrible for either character, only reason I do well is because the olimars i have played could have had a stronger banana game, and I probably have one of the wierdest play styles for a diddy player with the different peanut uses.
I see it being around even in time, diddy is good at making even matchups, as long as your not poor bowser, that is sheik vs bowser bad.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
is 3-1 in sets vs Neon
Neon said before that he wasn't very familiarized with the Olimar MU, I think he may be more prepared next time.

Not trying to retire credits from this Olimar player though, he's good.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
So had a missed input in a friendly vs a falco main, and diddy's dash attack off stage completely beat out falco's side b. It worked several times after, and if this is legit could be useful in the matchup. Falco was the only spacie I would not try and up b off stage on, and this has been covering all his recovery options. Hard part is still breaking his neutral.

Tomaster

Smash Journeyman
So many people are making new threads about matchup questions... Let's revive this thread instead.
Im having trouble with the Marth MU, we get out-disjointed hard. What's the best way to play this MU?

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Jokes aside it's important to keep the banana out, and change the timing of your peanut shots to throw them off rhythm as he tries to approach. You want to rack up damage and get really easy confirm strings like banana -dash attack -grab- up throw - up air. This isn't the matchup to get fancy, Marth's neutral isn't weak, and you have to play lame without cornering yourself to the edge of the stage. It's pretty even, but some stages are far worse than others.... ban any stage with yoshi in the name.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Thoughts/opinions on the zard MU? I have a few zard in my region and used to play the mu a lot in 3.0 but lack familiarity with it. Want a complete gameplan.

Gotta bounce ideas around.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Thoughts/opinions on the zard MU? I have a few zard in my region and used to play the mu a lot in 3.0 but lack familiarity with it. Want a complete gameplan.

Gotta bounce ideas around.
I play against a pretty good one every so often. Assuming he has a good item game, getting zard on stages like define secret is really good. If you gave to give up a small stage, green hill zone I personally prefer to fod, or Yoshi island. Spaced perfect you can't really get in on zard nair unless you see it coming a mile. Wavedash out of shield is your friend.

Use the peanut gun like it is your religion and don't be afraid to waveland back after firing with a banana in hand. Always d.i charizard ' s throw toward him for no back throw follow up its his fastest eat throw. Then adjust for forward throw with holding up, and do nothing for up throw. Just tech down throw. Reverse glide toss at the ledge makes a good edgeguard took even though he isn't a tether character. And try to peanut him out of his glide. It's a matchup of interrupting and doing strings

Kneato

Totoro Joe
This is the current state of the matchup chart. Matchup from
's Perspective (+3 has Diddy winning)

+3::bowser2::dedede::lucario::link2:
+2::ike::ganondorf::rob::jigglypuff::falcon::pit::zerosuitsamus::ivysaur:
+1::dk2::kirby2::marth::zelda::roypm:
0::snake::toonlink::pikachu2::ness2::lucas::popo::sheik::charizard::gw::luigi2::olimar::mario2::falco:
-1::metaknight::wario::yoshi2:
-2::mewtwopm::sonic::peach::squirtle::samus2:
-3::fox::wolf:

What do you guys think? Anything wildly inaccurate?

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
This is the current state of the matchup chart. Matchup from
's Perspective (+3 has Diddy winning)

+3::bowser2::dedede::lucario::link2:
+2::ike::ganondorf::rob::jigglypuff::falcon::pit::zerosuitsamus::ivysaur:
+1::dk2::kirby2::marth::zelda::roypm:
0::snake::toonlink::pikachu2::ness2::lucas::popo::sheik::charizard::gw::luigi2::olimar::mario2::falco:
-1::metaknight::wario::yoshi2:
-2::mewtwopm::sonic::peach::squirtle::samus2:
-3::fox::wolf:

What do you guys think? Anything wildly inaccurate?
Link, rob, lucario, ddd, and jigglypuff are not nearly that free. While mewtwo, yoshi, zelda, and sonic I don't think are as hard as stated. Granted when the only jiggs you play is hungrybox... results may vary.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why does Diddy have 10 losing MU's

Edit: How*

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yoshi and Squirtle the only ones that stick out. IDK about the rest, prolly valid cases to be made that they win so far. Diddy has a bit to go on development

Take Diddy main word much more heavily than mine either way

Last edited:
Top Bottom