• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Peeze

Smash Master
That's wrong, C.F. and Ganondorf have different body structures.
Y.Link and link have different body structures, they're clone of each other.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
That's wrong, C.F. and Ganondorf have different body structures.
Y.Link and link have different body structures, they're clone of each other.
They are close enough really Link and Y.Link are the same person anyway really. Falcon and Ganon are both About the same size and are the same species atleast.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
You didn't say the same person, you said same physical structure. Link is not built like Y.Link.
Ganondorf and C.F. are about the same height that's all.
Work with me Peeze a monkey is very different from an Ape and Ganon and Falcon shouldn't have been clones to begin with. Y' Link needs to die.

I beat fishy. 85794:laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am actually getting pretty excited to see Diddy now. I wasn't before, but now... now I am XD
That's good! :D Seeing as you where a little so-so about him... Diddy supporters are always good! ^^ Also how high are the changes he will appear to you? I'm almost 100% sure he will be there, but how about you?

And Wendy Wu, shame on you! (Hey that rhymes! I'm an artist! :D) Diddy wouldn't ever be a clone of DK. Their body scructures are totally diffrent. DK has raw power attacks, that Diddy can't possibly excute. See his Gaint Punch and Hand Slap? Only the fact that Diddy couldn't Hand Slap in DKC would be a proof enough.

And can you see his thin arms pull out DK's Fair, Fsmash, Dsmash or Gaint Punch? Or could you see Diddy carry with his Forward throw as DK does? And what about DK's Across B, the Headbut? Even Ness with his gaint head would never be able to do that!

Also the fact that Diddy and DK where totally diffrent in Donkey Kong Country would say enough. Not even speaking of DK64, that game basically all was about characters and their special abilities...

Maverick69

Smash Ace
human and gerudo are the same species. homo sapien. Gerudo is a race not a species.

you basically said the equivalent of dogs and canines are different species o.O

also, i may be getting this wrong, but i think apes and monkies are the same SPECIES, meaning primates. but theyre different classes or phylums or whatever you call it. Then again i may be totally wrong

xianfeng

Smash Hero
human and gerudo are the same species. homo sapien. Gerudo is a race not a species.

you basically said the equivalent of dogs and canines are different species o.O

also, i may be getting this wrong, but i think apes and monkies are the same SPECIES, meaning primates. but theyre different classes or phylums or whatever you call it. Then again i may be totally wrong
They are different species, same type (same as humans)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Gerudo are a different race, not species... I mean c'mon, it even says that the Gerudo often intermingle with the Hylians - same species meaning that they can have offspring together...

And isn't this a Diddy Kong thread? How'd Gerudos enter this conversation???

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Young Link - Forest child in green hat with sword.
Link - Grown up forest child in green hat with bigger sword. ALSO THE SAME PERSON AS YOUNG LINK.

Mario - Italian man
Dr. Mario - Italian Man with PHD. ALSO THE SAME PERSON AS MARIO.

DK - Large Ape that hedbutts rolls and punches. Uses coconut gun in some games.
Diddy - Small Monkey that slaps cartwheels and bounces on his tail. Uses peanut pistols in some games and plays the guitar. NOT THE SAME PERSON AS DK!

that's why he cant be a clone.

Also,
Captain Falcon - Interstellar bounty hunter who drives a race car.
Ganondorf - Magical Villain from the past who can transform into large pig demon....
WTF????????

ALSO X 2 -

You never see mario and dr. mario or link and young link in the same placce (cept in smash)
you see Diddy and Dk at the same time DOING DIFFERENT THINGS.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I dont even think he would be a clone of dixie. She would probably be a clone of him, but i havent played enough games with her in them to really tell.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I just played Donkey Kong Country again. I can not see how Diddy can be a clone AT ALL. Just how differently they play and everything. It seems to me it would be like making Falcon a clone of Mario. Or something. Regardless the clone thing is **** near impossible.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I dont even think he would be a clone of dixie. She would probably be a clone of him, but i havent played enough games with her in them to really tell.
Same dif clones are clone. Marth is Roy's clone Roy is Marth's clone they can be reversable. When in Brawl if you think about it.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
No they can't Roy is Marth's clone. Marth is orignal. Dr Mario is Mario's clone, Pichu is Pikachu's clone, Ganondorf is Captain Falcon's clone etc.
Think about it if they are set to stand alone on the character selcetion screen you take a non-player of Smash and then ask who is who's clone I bet you you will find they are interchangeable xian.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
But if someone takes you and clones you and you walk around who would they say is the clone?
I specifically said in Brawl to prevent that discussion.
Yes but in the smash community Roy is the clone.
I really don't care they can be reversed by a logic stand point if they weren't setup like they are and Marth and Roy are both new additions prove that Marth is not a clone of Roy.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I specifically said in Brawl to prevent that discussion.

I really don't care they can be reversed by a logic stand point if they weren't setup like they are and Marth and Roy are both new additions prove that Marth is not a clone of Roy.
Evidence you say? Here you go:

-Marth is unlocked before Roy unless you use an AR or something to that effect.
-He also stared in the first and second FE games wheras Roy didn't make an appearence until later.
-Marth and Sigurd were actually the only ones to be in Melee but they had to drop Sigurd and add Roy instead. In this, I conclude that Roy was a filler character and needed to have a borrowed moveset.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Evidence you say? Here you go:

-Marth is unlocked before Roy unless you use an AR or something to that effect.
-He also stared in the first and second FE games wheras Roy didn't make an appearence until later.
-Marth and Sigurd were actually the only ones to be in Melee but they had to drop Sigurd and add Roy instead. In this, I conclude that Roy was a filler character and needed to have a borrowed moveset.
A filler yes, but that doesn't prove he's a clone really, The Fire Emblem appearances are not rellavent, and the unlocking order is not relevant either because you left out a main point to support it by that logic G&W is a clone because he is unlocked later. You can't provide absolute concrete proof for either side (Marth is Roy's clone) or (Roy is Marth's clone). Also a non-bias source such as someone who does not play any videogames what-so-ever will reinforce my point likewise only a direct quote from Sakurai declaring Roy as Marth's "clone" will prove yours.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, he left out the main point because he assumed you're not a total idiot and know that Marth and Roy have the same skeletal animations which Mr. Game and Watch doesn't share with either of them.

I guess it's been awhile so most people have probably forgotten but to you unlock Roy by beating Classic Mode with Marth.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Well, he left out the main point because he assumed you're not a total idiot and know that Marth and Roy have the same skeletal animations which Mr. Game and Watch doesn't share with either of them.

I guess it's been awhile so most people have probably forgotten but to you unlock Roy by beating Classic Mode with Marth.
He is a "Smash Debator" so I purposely tried to make his points have flaws. You can also unlock Roy by playing X# of v.s. matches.

Top Bottom