• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Lit

Smash Ace
in the new ssbb i think u should b able to choose wat color u want on any character. Like a paint shop for ssbb bec i am getting tired of seeing an off color teamate and character... Such as samus... when u do blue team she is purple? when you do red team fox is orange? the teams r red and blue not purple and orange... they should just hav a different variety of colors for every character not just the regular 4 colors and just some ugly other color.. and another thing they should change is the icon floating above ur character.. i hate they way it looks because if we r doing teams and everyone puts in there name i somtimes get lost in the myths of battle.... but anyways those r som things i think that they should change in brawl.....

Lit

Smash Ace
and for the new characters i want in ssbb is sonic shadow diddy wolf lucario etc... there is more that i wan its just i cant think of any NEW characters i want in ssbb right now....

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I personaly don't like dixie or diddy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in brawl.

I WANT TO SEE DK JR. IN BRAWL >.>

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I DON'T! >.>

DK Jr is pretty much forgotten now. Not to mention, DK Jr is already in the game except grown up.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I DON'T! >.>

DK Jr is pretty much forgotten now. Not to mention, DK Jr is already in the game except grown up.
So super smash would be boring if all the characters were all rembered or popular.
no Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness,Pichu,and DR. Mario.

DK jr. > diddy

keep the old and keep the new one is Silver the other Gold =P
(I think that is how the saying goes correct me if I am wrong)

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Make new friends but keep the old. One is Silver the other Gold. XD

Anyway. Diddy>DK Jr.

Yeah I was preety sure I got it wrong...anyways I can imagine Diddy in the game and can see him in the lightweight class getting knocked off screen with almost every attack. But I hate to admit it but diddy kong has a better chance then DK Jr. apearing in Brawl XD

But considering DK jr. is one of the first games out for the virtual consule...maby they will think about him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I was preety sure I got it wrong...anyways I can imagine Diddy in the game and can see him in the lightweight class getting knocked off screen with almost every attack. But I hate to admit it but diddy kong has a better chance then DK Jr. apearing in Brawl XD

But considering DK jr. is one of the first games out for the virtual consule...maby they will think about him.
Wait, wheren't Sheik, Fox, Marth and Falco lightweights to?
As for your other post, Smash indeed would be boring if all characters where to be remembered. But Diddy is just a better choice because unlike DK Jr he hasn't possibilities of becoming a DK clone... Because afterall, DK Jr is just DK in his younger years.

I still think he'd make an excelent DK costume though. :)

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Wait, wheren't Sheik, Fox, Marth and Falco lightweights to?
As for your other post, Smash indeed would be boring if all characters where to be remembered. But Diddy is just a better choice because unlike DK Jr he hasn't possibilities of becoming a DK clone... Because afterall, DK Jr is just DK in his younger years.

I still think he'd make an excelent DK costume though. :)
No sheik, fox ,marth and falco arn't light weights

Light weights include: Pichu, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Ness, Mr Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, and Young Link.

Middle wieghts include: Mario, Dr. Mario, Fox, Luigi, Falco, Peach, Zelda, Samus, Link, Yoshi, Roy, And Marth

Heavy weights include: Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, And Bowser

Well he could easliy become a clone but they could make a move set for him. (Well at least he has one move based on his game and a trophy of him in SSBM) he could throw fruit like in his game, use a key as a weapon like G & W does, hit people with vines, and maby throw a cage (like the cage DK was in while DK jr was trying to rescue him). But I guess I could settle for a costume.

But I will miss some of the clones if they get the axe. Pichu, Ganon, Roy, and young link.

And they could have given Young link a differnet move set by giving him a goron mask, a deku mask like in majoras mask.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master

Light weights include: Pichu, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Ness, Mr Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, and Young Link.

Middle wieghts include: Mario, Dr. Mario, Fox, Luigi, Falco, Peach, Zelda, Samus, Link, Yoshi, Roy, And Marth

Heavy weights include: Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, And Bowser

Well he could easliy become a clone but they could make a move set for him. (Well at least he has one move based on his game and a trophy of him in SSBM) he could throw fruit like in his game, use a key as a weapon like G & W does. But I guess I could settle for a costume.

But I will miss some of the clones if they get the axe. Pichu, Ganon, Roy, and young link.

And they could have given Young link a differnet move set by giving him a goron mask, a deku mask like in majoras mask.
Y. Link needs to die he is the same entity and the others will probably get a new moveset except Pichu will probably need to die. I don't care if Y.Link is different he is the same persona as Link and should not be in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Well he could easliy become a clone but they could make a move set for him. (Well at least he has one move based on his game and a trophy of him in SSBM) he could throw fruit like in his game, use a key as a weapon like G & W does. But I guess I could settle for a costume.

*Ahem* No offence... But just to let you know:

1) : Deltstar isnt the best place for information about Melee. These boards are way better, good that you've made that step. :)

In no particual order:

Light weights include:
Pichu, Kirby, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Fox, Falco.

Semi light weights include:
Sheik, Mewtwo, Marth, Roy, Young Link.

For more information, just search around the Melee Discussion.
Also Mewtwo is NOT a heavy weight... He'd wish he was! Marth is also slighty lighter in the PAL version... So is Fox, in the PAL version he's lighter than Kirby.

2) : Yeah, but seeing Dr.Mario, Pichu and Young Link are the most likely characters to get axed... Why would they add another younger (or other) version of a well known character huh? That just doesn't makes sence, they're cutting characters for a reason you know... >.>

And Ganondorf is very likely not to get axed, because he was supposed to have his own moveset anyways. And yeah, I would miss Pichu to. :(

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
*Ahem* No offence... But just to let you know:

1) : Deltstar isnt the best place for information about Melee. These boards are way better, good that you've made that step. :)

In no particual order:

Light weights include:
Pichu, Kirby, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Fox, Falco.

Semi light weights include:
Sheik, Mewtwo, Marth, Roy, Young Link.

For more information, just search around the Melee Discussion.
Also Mewtwo is NOT a heavy weight... He'd wish he was! Marth is also slighty lighter in the PAL version... So is Fox, in the PAL version he's lighter than Kirby.

2) : Yeah, but seeing Dr.Mario, Pichu and Young Link are the most likely characters to get axed... Why would they add another younger (or other) version of a well known character huh? That just doesn't makes sence, they're cutting characters for a reason you know... >.>

And Ganondorf is very likely not to get axed, because he was supposed to have his own moveset anyways. And yeah, I would miss Pichu to. :(
Okay, I am not sure if that is where I got the info though. And by the way you said that DK jr. is already in the game just grown up. I am preety sure DK isn't DK junior. DK junior is supposed to be Donkey kongs son. >.> The long forgotten son of DK.

"Donkey Kong Junior (AKA Donkey Kong Jr. or DK Jr.) is a character from a Nintendo's Mario series. He is the son of Donkey Kong. " ~Wikipedia

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nintendo rewrote the story. The most logical is this:

Cranky Kong: The orginal arcade Donkey Kong but grown up.
Donkey Kong: DK Jr grown up.

And it makes perfect sence. DKC was a big revolution for the character Donkey Kong. And because he was the bad guy before, they used the herotic DK Jr instead except grown up. Rare all had it settled down perfectly... Untill Nintendo EAD came with Jungle Beat. But still, whatever Nintendo has to say I still follow Rare's cannon.

Btw, how long was it ago since we heard from DK Jr again? Since Mario Tennis 64.
And I'm sure you know that in recent Mario sport tittles Diddy replaced DK Jr for the role of DK's partner. Also DK Jr's history is totally screwed up, now even more thanks to Nintendo...

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace

And it makes perfect sence. DKC was a big revolution for the character Donkey Kong. And because he was the bad guy before, they used the herotic DK Jr instead except grown up. Rare all had it settled down perfectly... Untill Nintendo EAD came with Jungle Beat. But still, whatever Nintendo has to say I still follow Rare's cannon.

Btw, how long was it ago since we heard from DK Jr again? Since Mario Tennis 64.
And I'm sure you know that in recent Mario sport tittles Diddy replaced DK Jr for the role of DK's partner. Also DK Jr's history is totally screwed up, now even more thanks to Nintendo...
Why can't they just make it simple.
Orignal donkey kong- Donkey kong was a bad guy
Donkey kong jr.-Mario is a bad guy who captures DK

So if what you are saying is ture than Mario is as old as cranky Kong... gezz I hate thinking this theory jepradizes mario. So what is mario 100's of years old? that makes no sence. seriously my head hurts. :dizzy:

And the last time I heard about DK jr was melee with his trophy and G & W move called Donkey kong jr. besides that it would be the E-Cards or him making it to the virtual consule.
and then Mario tennis.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Mario is an orphan the one who is fights to rescue Penelope is obviously his father and the younger Mario is obviously on some type of physcotropics when he cages DK. Problem solved right?

burrito

Smash Lord

You're close. The Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong country is actually Jr.'s son. Donkey kong Jr. seems to have mysteriously dissapeared. Cranky Kong is the old Donkey Kong, though.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
You're close. The Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong country is actually Jr.'s son. Donkey kong Jr. seems to have mysteriously dissapeared. Cranky Kong is the old Donkey Kong, though.
See mysteriously dissapears. >.< DK Jr. deserves a spot light again.
Just like how the ice climbers, pit, ness, and G & W needed it. (when was G & W last game? I know it was on the GBA for america and in Japan they had a mini collection of them for the DS).

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?

So if what you are saying is ture than Mario is as old as cranky Kong... gezz I hate thinking this theory jepradizes mario. So what is mario 100's of years old? that makes no sence. seriously my head hurts. :dizzy:

And the last time I heard about DK jr was melee with his trophy and G & W move called Donkey kong jr. besides that it would be the E-Cards or him making it to the virtual consule.
and then Mario tennis.
Mario gets big from eating mushrooms, throws fire when eating flowers, and becomes invincible from stars. When has Mario ever made sense?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

and then Mario tennis.
That doesnt has to be so. Mario could easly be 20 years younger than Cranky Kong. Who said that Mario and the classic DK were the same age anyway?

Top Bottom