• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
the dixie thing makes this thread more fun though, cause it weeds out the solo diddy fans (myself) and those who want another ice climber pair
"Another Ice Climber pair"?? umm...hellooooo, DKC was doing duos long before Melee made Popo and Nana the same character.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
ah but you forget my good man, ice climbers were doing the two player thing not only before DKC, but FIRST my friend

diddy for brawl
Not true. Have you played Ice Climbers? One player is Popo; the other is Nana. You compete. You never control them together. Thus, DKC is the first, not ICs.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Yeah, you have to play two player in order to get both Ice Climbers on screen. That is why when you play their target test, you can only use one Ice Climber.

I like both ideas. I like the possible moveset for the Diddy/Dixie combo, and I also like the idea of Diddy with some of the DK64 moves. I'm neutral at the moment, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see....

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
HEHE, I was the 4th last person added to that list! :)

Anyways, the chances of Diddy Kong NOT making it into Brawl is the same chance that Spider-man, Superman, The Flash, and Batman have to be in Brawl: NONE! :laugh:

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Technically, Mario Bros was the first, because it was ported to the NES. But grim meant the first to have two characters controlled by one person, which I think was Donkey Kong Country 2. Not sure about that though....

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I would much rather have diddy as a solo character in Brawl, let's face it he deserves it. But if he were a team with Dixie, then I think you should be able to tag out or switch between diddy and dixie during the match, just like in DKC 2

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would much rather have diddy as a solo character in Brawl, let's face it he deserves it. But if he were a team with Dixie, then I think you should be able to tag out or switch between diddy and dixie during the match, just like in DKC 2
Yes, but that isn't going to happen, unless Sakurai gets dumb and ignores the fanbase, like he did with Deoxys and Goroh, in which more were for them then against. IDK if I can trust him or not, now I know why Miyamoto never mentioned it at E3....

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
with assist trophies, i think this doubles diddy's chances of being solo, considering Dixie as a possible AT.

but now that i finally bought DK Country on virtual console, i can play again as the glory that is diddy kong

diddy for brawl

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
with assist trophies, i think this doubles diddy's chances of being solo, considering Dixie as a possible AT.

but now that i finally bought DK Country on virtual console, i can play again as the glory that is diddy kong

diddy for brawl
you bought it too? me and my roomate bought 1 and 2. Diddy must BE in Brawl!!!! and Dixie would definatelyy work as an AT, but Cranky would ROCK!

smackin people around with his cane! lol

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Diddy is bound to make an appearance, it's inevitable.
DK represents the Mario spinoff series, but moreso, the actual Kong games, and he needs backup. Who better than li'l Diddy, who's had his fair share of limelight recently. He's insanely popular, cute, and would be a great representative alongside Donkey and even King K.Rool.
If he makes it, I can't wait to try him out. He'd be ace, I doubt he's been left out.
<3

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
with the only inclusion in melee as part of the DK rap song, it's safe to say diddy SHOULD be in brawl as a playable character. i mean if dixie and K. Rool could be trophies and not Diddy, well making him an AT would be a travisty to the DK series!!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
diddy was not a trophy in melee

i just looked over it

maybe they wanted him as a char but had to scrap him due to time issues taking his trophy with him

Kentalish

Smash Lord
if diddy is in brawl ill unlock him first then play him as my main i love diddy kong and i loved him in the tv series... Also Diddy Kong racing is one of my favorite racing games THEY SHOULD MAKE A WII VERSION....ill cry myself to sleep if hes not in it

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
if diddy is in brawl ill unlock him first then play him as my main i love diddy kong and i loved him in the tv series... Also Diddy Kong racing is one of my favorite racing games THEY SHOULD MAKE A WII VERSION....ill cry myself to sleep if hes not in it

yes the tv series that s h i t was funny i was laughing for hours off course i was anebreated and high at the time i Down loaded it.... so... iono

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Woah, 200 pages, Diddy sure is requested :D
We're going 'bananas' for him, see what I did thar?
lol

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I need a good chat about what may be the best game to exist for me this gen. I'm eating, sleeping, talking SSBB. It's the first thing I do every day 8am, Euro time. :laugh:
I boot up my Wii, wipe my eyes, and drool at the update haha

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
lol we have no lives... i'm going to so play you online when MJ gets confirmed and the MvC2 crew is confirmed lol i think you know what i'm talking about.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Nope.
MJ = Micheal Jackson? o_O
Well, if Miis are playable, I could always use my Thriller costume wearing MJ Mii :p

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
he will be there only if ness and popo from the ice climbers are there and his alternate costume will be 80's micheal lol

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
he will be there only if ness and popo from the ice climbers are there and his alternate costume will be 80's micheal lol
Oooooh, harsh words, made me laugh though lol.

I think we should continue the love for Diddy before the mods come and get us, let's quit while we're ahead xD

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
ahh i love diddy he's so furry and he where a hat with a banna i think lol thats awesome in it's own ( diddy should have the cart will attack)

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Wow. That's a lot of pages.

Shouldn't Diddy just be in a DK Barrel item? Like, the DK Barrel shows up. you break it, and he follows you around without effecting the gameplay. But then after you die, you get to play as Diddy, who would be extremely basic and would die with one hit (Just like in DKC!) before you respawn.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Shouldn't Diddy just be in a DK Barrel item? Like, the DK Barrel shows up. you break it, and he follows you around without effecting the gameplay. But then after you die, you get to play as Diddy, who would be extremely basic and would die with one hit (Just like in DKC!) before you respawn.
Hell no. Diddy should have been in Melee. I can't imagine why he wasn't.

Diddy is more important to the DK series than Luigi is to the Mario series...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hmm, joepinion, not a good thing to say on this thread, especially since there are a lot of diddy kong fans on this site.

hey close to 3000, FINALLY!! so who will be that person? who will post the 3000th post? who will have the 3000th reply?

Kentalish

Smash Lord
i had to get snes emulator to play as diddy i only use dk after diddy died cuz diddy runs faster and can jump higher. im even playing DK64 but i cant get the nintendo coin... back on topic i hope diddy is announced soon so i can sleep at night... the banana is a sign

Spellbound

Smash Cadet
wow, alotta posts

Edit: Lol, i wanted to get 3000 so i could feel special X_x

As for the actual thread, Diddy is a cool character, but personally, I couldn't imagine the moveset for him, so idk how he'll be included. If he isincluded though i likely won't ever play him =/

Top Bottom