• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well that doesn't matter. :p
It's just that I'd just wanna see Diddy fight.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I'll probably be using Diddy as a punching bag. Peeze you shouldn't assume the characters will be exactly the same expecially the clones.

Peeze

Smash Master
Still ganondorf is a beast. anyway you look at it he'll have powerful attacks. If you don't think so Play me when brawl comes out. But in your living room, I'm not going into your basement alone, you might try to eat me or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Power alone won't let you win young grasshopper.

Sometimes I suprise myself. :p

Anyways Peeze that was a good post! :D It made me laugh.
And you know Diddy would own Ganon. ;) Even a l canceled Dair would be too slow to hit Diddy. Im just kidding though. I don't think Diddy should be Fox-like in speed, but more as Marth or Sheik.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I personally don't think he's that great, he is powerful, but the lag creates difficulties at some points, however I don'tdoubt that any character can be good, but I just haven't seenit with Ganon and in Brwal he most likely will be completelychanged and maybe use his sword the AR already has a moveset for it they could use that.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I said he can be good I'm just saying that he his speed can be a detriment at times any charcter can beat any charcter. I don't need an example.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There were mixed votes on the down throw. They all seemed to tie. Fine fine, we can figure that part out later. What about an Up B? Everyone write your ideas.

Should it be his barrel jetpack, his spring like tail, or a helicopter move similar to DK but using his tail instead of gigantic arms? Or should it be something else?

And how would these moves be implemented?

zombie7775

Smash Lord
games are great because they arnt accurate. Like in Pokemon a bug can take down a bird. then there are some that need to be accurate though.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yes, but it does say some so it doesn't include Smash is all. and electricity makes all the difference no matter the situation. Like cooking a steak electricity or fire they both work anyway I doubt bowser ways anywhere close to even one ton. The world's strongest ****** can lift over 300 pound I believe, so Pikachu world's strongest rat.

Peeze

Smash Master
So smash isn't one of the "good ones" Wow i think most people here would say that smash is one of the best gamese of all times. No electicity doesn't have anything to do with strength. If i tazer you and tell you to lift up a car, while the electricity is flowing through you you wont get any increased strength. Cooking Steaks has nothing to do with lifting up a heavy-@$$ lizard. And i was talikng about pichu not pika. Pichu is weaker.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
According to Donkey Kong 64, DK weighs around 800 lbs. and his friend Chunky weighs around 2,000 lbs. Yet Chunky still appears alot lighter than Bowser. I would say that Bowser weighs at least 5,000 lbs. The combination of his size and that heavy shell pretty much explain why it would be that high. As a side note though, when did Smash ever make sense? You have a big a** turtle who can breath fire and jump about 20 ft. high, an electric rat, a plumber who can throw fireballs out of his hands and pull a cape out of nowhere. Seriously, does a game have to make sense to be good?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Pikachus can use Seismec Toss on Onixes and anyother heavy Pokemon
OK then. How come Jigglypuff can then? Or better yet, who come anyone can? And yeah, Diddy should use his jetpack for ^B. That move is pretty much guarenteed to happen if he is in Brawl. Out of every character people have suggested, I am 100% sure Diddy will be in and I am 100% sure Sonic will too. Those two are almost completely guaranteed.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Mario is a better choice and I think he takes priority. He's in so Nintendo obviously thought he deserved to make it in if he is one of the four announced returning charcters.

Peeze

Smash Master
Basement i think you've been proven wrong, not all games have to make sense to be good. Kenny made a good point. How can a peice of cotton candy pick up a 2and a half ton shelled lizard?
Oh and Xian: The Metric system sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pounds should always refer to weight not money

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I said not all of them had to be good you miss interpreted my first post it said Some of the good games are more accurate. No where did I say that games had to be accurate to be good, but I do have a dying intrest in Melee. Nobody to play and all. Zombie is a nobody BTW.

Peeze

Smash Master
Haha. Danm, i wish i had a crew. All the people i know that play smash are grown and actually have a 9-5, and are too busy to go to tourneys. Your lucky you have people around you to smash with.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
No it's prety much just him my brother won't play unless we need him in a tourny and Zombie's brother just started and I actually haven't seen him play I doubt he's any good aswell. Zombie is #2 in Perrysburg of the rgular tourny goers I'm #1 and overall he is probably #3 my brother can beat hims still. I still say my brother would be better if he actually practiced, but he plays a noobish Samus that doesn't get rusty at all, but he plays intelligently and can read and opponents tendencies most of the time. (He picked it up from me though so I beat him.) Zombie is working on reading his opponents. He still doesn't hear the difference in sounds of the A and the B buttons though. If you can't tell those apart how are you going to tell the jump from the z both jump buttons make close to the same sound so they are virtually indistinguishable the Z however making a similar sound is much lighter.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
It helps you predict your opponents movements if it is quiet enough to hear them you have a little time to react when the move thier thumbs over the buttons they tip off thier next action. I also watch the screen and thier controllers if I can't hear their buttons.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Then you can just watch thier controllers and I can still hear them if its just talking yelling is when I have problems with it. Andrew Ramsey is annoying so loud and obnoxious. if you don't like watching contoller if you watch where the thumb attaches to the hand you can predict which way it is moveing and relate that to the controller this also tells you thier reaction speed giving you more precise predictions. This is my method of choice, if I can't hear the buttons. Ask zombie I'm pretty good at it if I do say so myself. He gets very angry when I just stand thier and wait for him and then he can't hit me because I know his fighting style because I trained him, we can't disturb my parents so it is quiet in the basement and I am watching his thumbs for his reaction speed which is improving from when he first started playing the game.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I am a crazy button mashing freak but my cousin has traded button mashing for speed. He uses the contol stick to jump and the yellow C stick to do quick smashes so he rarely needs to push a button. I still beat him though since I am of a higher skill level but he is unbelievably good and fast. Most of his hits are precise so even though I am better it is still pretty challenging.

Top Bottom