• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Its only an excuse of bashing the game. God, ****ing Mario fans... -_-;
They call the Mario franchise the greatest, and they think they know everything about the DK franchise, and they hate it. However they never even touched DKC, they said they'd completed it 100% (which takes a LONG time thurst me) and they still say it's ****.

DKC in my oppinion offers way more unique gameplay. Miyamoto bashed DKC once to by saying: "Donkey Kong Country is a good example of a medicore game, which only became a legend because of the graphics." Now this is Miyamoto speaking, the guy wasn't fond of what happened to DK because it's not the way he wanted Donkey Kong to go. That's why he rewrote the story of DK by saying the Donkey Kong we know is the same as in the arcade. Then he created Jungle Beat... And OFCOARSE all die hard Mario fans agreed with this.

Still, however I don't like what Miyamoto did, it could have been alot worse. I mean, if Miyamoto really wanted to make DK the monkey he wanted to be, he'd never agreed with Diddy and even DIXIE Kong to make a apperance in Mario games. And Donkey Konga also has DKC envoirments and characters. He also hired PAON to make a DK game, and they are working on 2 others to while Nintendo themself isn't working on a DK game right now. I still have faith in a decent DK game...

Annnd... Rare is allowed to make DS games. =)

Peeze

Smash Master
Mario is the greatest franchise ever!!!!!!!!!!!! If you disagree your name is probably Joseph Stalin anyways.
P.S. 700 posts!!!!!!! coughs*wouldntmindsome+rep*coughs.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Mario is the greatest franchise ever!!!!!!!!!!!! If you disagree your name is probably Joseph Stalin anyways.
P.S. 700 posts!!!!!!! coughs*wouldntmindsome+rep*coughs.
Rep is pointless and Stalin is dead would people quit using dead guys try Bin Laden or Castro at least they are alive.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Diddy would be a fine addition, but the movelist listed in the first post is just excessive. He should be far more limited than that, and shouldn't have a ranged attack or a butt slam (though I suppose his peanut guns could be in, they should be pretty weak and they feel out of flavor). He should be a faster, more agile character, not a strong one, and his recovery should be something like a triple jump (the barrel idea is interesting, but seems very laggy and not very swift and a bit awkward).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I tried to make Diddy some sort of slim nimble combo character, with atleast 2 or 3 good KO moves. Anyways, comments are always good. :) Good or bad, it doesn't matter. But really, could you imagine a better triple jump for Diddy? I mean, even in Mario Tennis for GC he uses it. Since then it has became a mayor part of Diddy.

The ranged attack is the Peanut Popgun by the way. It moves slower then Falco's Blaster, but after a cetrain % enemy's could flip over. Diddy would also be able to move with his guns, however not as fast as his normal running speed. He would walk a little slower then his normal walking speed. But I guess that would be a little TOO broken. :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy's jetpack is symbolic.

Also the DKC series was always way more unique than the mario series. In DKC you had different enviroments, 2 characters at once and a lot of animal buddies, In Mario you had Yoshi and some power ups.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yey for the Jetpack

Most his non special moves need to involve his personality. They nweed to be very acrobatic and hyper. For instance his down throw shpould be where he jumps up and down on the foe.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I know, you remember Kirby's Down throw? Diddy's would be like that to.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I like the idea of you guys trying to incorporate his personality into his moves, making him a light, hyper, agile character. I say we should move through the different button configuarations, all list different options for that button configuartion and then all try to agree on the best move that looks cool and fits his character. It would take a long time, but a nice moveset based on input from all other would be awesome.

Lets start with the throws since that already seems to be the discussion.

So far on the down throws people have proposed:
a) Diddy jumping up and down on a character
b) Slams character, lifts up character using his jetpack, and slamming the enemy back to the ground
c) Diddy does a handstand on the oppenent's head with one hand before crashing his feet down on top of the oppenent's head

Feel free to come up with another option and comment on the other remaining. Try to keep your ideas to just throws for now, we will hit the other attacks later.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I could see myself secondarying with diddy. Maybe maining but it depends on how different some of the characters are in brawl from melee.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy's cartwheel is his most symbolic move in the DKC games but in cameo games (where he is at his lamest yet still awsome) it's his jetpack.

Bowserlick for the downthrows I like B the best because it incoperates his jetpack more, the handstand one is more suited to Lanky Kong, but the jumping up and down on someone one sounds like something he could do as well.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Yea I personally liked A. It seems to me that Diddy would act like a hyper kid when he got into a fight.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
his recovery should be something like a triple jump (the barrel idea is interesting, but seems very laggy and not very swift and a bit awkward).
I would like it to be his jet pack and be able to adjust it's direction in mid flight allowingmore control, but not usefull for an attack at all a pure recovery move, to compensate for it not being able to do damage it should last longer and you should be able to use your popguns from it like in DK 64. It should also be made so you can hover and shoot like in DK64 aswell.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Isn't his ^B part of his recovery? I say no to a triple jump either way he only had double in his games so why give him a third for this one?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
^B recovey is a 3rd jump Peeze. ;)
The spinning with the tail move I already used in atleast my moveset, for the Nair.
Still, Sakurai would make his own moveset for Diddy... The up B deffinatly would be his Barrel Jetpack.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Check Pikachu's double jump... o_O It's scary.
But it explains that it doesn't mather how a character jumps.
Everything in Smash Bros is quite believable already, I don't think you where suprised when you saw Kirby's down B move in Melee for the first time. Or Mr. Game and Watch. ;)

Another reason why I want Diddy in is that I wanna see him beat the crap out of Mario without a tennis racket, golf club, or a basket ball in his hand.

Top Bottom