• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did your opinions on Miis change after their reveal?

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
For me, I never wanted Miis in Smash because I thought they'd be bland and wouldn't work well. Plus you don't play Smash to play as yourself, you play Smash to play as Nintendo All-Stars. After their reveal I think I can warm up to them a bit better, since they look fun to play as, but I'd still rather someone else.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I warmed up to them a few months ago, actually. But having three different styles is cool.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
They look pretty cool -- was pretty much what I was expecting, but rather separated into three instead of being all mixed together.

They certainly managed to hold the spotlight through that horrible Palutena trailer, though.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
When they first showed them I thought they were revealing Reggie and Iwata as playable, so I was a bit disappointed. I guess TECHNICALLY they're playable now that there's miis, but I wanted Reggie to have a "My body is ready" final smash.

YaBoiobZ

Smash Rookie
I think Miis are a terrible character to add in. They just seem to be a mix of other character move sets. Very disappointing.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Honestly, I think the concept of Mii's in smash is really dumb, but the execution looks really good and they look fun to play

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I think my opinion on them is too strong to ever be swayed. Initially, no. After watching the presentation and seeing them in action, exceeded my expectations, but still, no.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I was indifferent, but now I'm a fan. They look really fun to play as.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I was highly skeptical of Miis, and I suppose I still am to an extent, but they do look fun.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No. The reason I disliked them to begin with is because I want to fight Nintendo All-Stars in my Smash, I don't want to fight a random guy I've never met, or Abraham Lincoln, or Eliah Wood, or Ice T, or Hitler, or Jesus, or Goku. It sure doesn't help that they've got this 3 moveset **** going on so you can't predict what moveset you're going to face, could be troubling in For Glory online and might make them overflood it, which is my biggest fear in regards to them. I for one won't be using them.

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
I didn't actually like the miis being smash but it turned into a "I don't care if they get in" But once I saw the video, I loved everything about them.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I was one of the people who didn't want them in and thought they were a stupid idea, but accepted that they were inevitable. Now, though, I'm really interested in them because they are a lot better than I was expecting they would be.

Crendog

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-7435-8104
Before today I thought that the Miis would be awful for smash, but with their redesign, different classes and special moves I'm looking forward to their appearance in the game

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I didn't mind the idea of Miis. But despised them being customizable.
Now I've liked them more than I have ever before.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Let me tell you. I knew that Sakurai was going to be able to sell me the Mii ideas. That man is a genius.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Honestly, I always thought they would be a cool addition, and I like the execution.

Man, some people are just fridgid.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
I was honestly surprised by the hate on the home page thread. Seriously, they act as if Sakarai is in debt to them! I wasn't really thrilled with the idea of Mii's, but the way they implemented it is actually pretty cool. I like the idea a lot.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I was never against them, but I was never for them either. Now, I am just really excited to play as them. So I guess my opinion has changed to supporting them. :D

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I wanted Miis to basically be the Dural of Smash, but nope. Sakurai scores another "such intrigue" award for this much mad genius. Still would rather people use Miis of themselves instead of anything inappropriate; that said, I hope measures will be taken to counteract the latter.

(Yay, posts merged!)

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
They utterly blew my expectations out of the water. The moment I saw a Mii's face appear during the reveal, I paused the video and screamed "NOOOOOOO!", but as I continued to watch I started noticing incredible amounts of differences and customizations: far more than I ever expected. By the end, I was thinking to myself that the Miis are pretty much every character in the game. That revelation changed my perspective entirely.

Also, I couldn't help but think to myself upon seeing the three types: "Choose your class!"

Also, Sakurai was right, they do look a lot less like Mii's, and did them quite a bit of justice in their transformation from filthy casuals into hardcore fighters.

The only thing that will really mess this up for me is if they give Miis some cringeworthy voicepacks or something. *Glares at Mario Kart*

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't like them, there are otjer characters that deserve to be given that slot than them. If I do play as them, it'll just be me but that's it. I want to play and go up against regular nintendo characters.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
At first I couldn't care less.

But then I witnessed the tears. If they don't end up banned I'm def maining. Leaning towards gunner.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
The move sets look more interesting than I thought they would be. They could be fun to fool around with.

But ironically, that makes me like their inclusion even less. All that effort they put in on Miis could've been spent on characters I actually wanted to play as.

Three move sets, 36 special attacks? Either they'll be horrifically unbalanced, or they took even more ridiculous amounts of effort.

All that time spent giving Miis basically 108 moves (standard move set is about 24 non-special attacks... 24x3 + 4x3x3 special attacks) as compared to the usual 28... Could've been spent adding two or three or even four of K Rool, Ridley, Toad, Bowser Jr, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Pac-Man, Bandana Dee, Ghirahim, Tetra, FE Avatar/Robin, Chrom, Roy, Mewtwo, Dillon... or any number of other characters.

I mean, honestly, how many people would choose what we got from Miis over two or three more non-generic Nintendo all-stars? Even if we got one Mii move set, we still could've gotten 2 or 3 others.

We're not playing this game for generic Mii Fighters created just for the game, we want to play as our favorite Nintendo characters.

D

Deleted member

Yes... they got worse.
My thoughts exactly.
They didn't take up one roster slot, but three. My fears are also coming true... prepare yourselves for the penis heads and Hitlers online.
EDIT: I am also thinking that these movesets might be unbalanced.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My thoughts exactly.
They didn't take up one roster slot, but three. My fears are also coming true... prepare yourselves for the penis heads and Hitlers online.
EDIT: I am also thinking that these movesets might be unbalanced.
They take 1 spot.

grizby2

Smash Lord
@ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees

pretty much summed up my opinion as well. it could have been another great Nintendo character, but instead we got miis. we already had WFT as the wtf character anyway (with two separate models mind you) plus G&W AND R.O.B. if he makes it back. now we have miis with 3 different movesets, which again, could have been implemented on other good Nintendo characters.

well. im guessing these will be all the newcomers (unless he hid "ridley" in there and we have to unlock him last or something) and he'll be releasing info about the other vets like falcon, ness, jiggs, ganon ect. im more excited for those...

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Not at all. I can see myself playing online with pure Miis, game after game. I still don't like them, and my fear of them being overused is getting worse.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
TBH, I hated the Miis at first but when I decided that I could make Shaquille O' Neal beat the CRAP out of George Washington, I said "HECK YEAH" & went onto coming up with different combinations.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I feel..... so much rage... I hate it. I really hate it. Miis confirmed was the worst thing that could ever happen - and it happened.
"Well, you don't have to play as a mii", you say? Well, that's not the problem -- I don't want to fight miis either. I don't even wanna see a mii on the same stage as my character.

1 mii would be disgusting enough, but it seems those little ****ers are gonna take up THREE potential movesets/Character Slots.
(please prove me wrong on the latter)

p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4

Smash Cadet
NNID
le-harlz
3DS FC
4227-0851-7533
My only worries is if there is going to be a Standard Move Set for each Mii Fighter to use in competitive play or not. If so, cool! If not, they could end up being problematic, if not banned, in the tourney scene.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I've always liked the idea of Miis in Smash, myself. Seeing them now just makes me more excited for them.

Especially since they have top hats.

Top Bottom