• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did you know!

Mike2

Smash Ace
Might be obvious but I'll post it just in case. So you're not pressured by your own mines on platforms: If you need to land but don't want to blow up a mine on a platform with the zero lag nade landing, you can just fall through the platform and your mine won't blow up.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
KNOWLEDGE!!

did you know that the box has transcendant priority? this makes it a very effective tool for edgeguarding ike

...why do i main this terrible character again?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
holding down when a dash attack is ending allows you to go from dash attack to prone without standing up.

Okay, I want to go into this. What is the preferred way to go about edgequarding Ike. I feel there are many options, but many are not very good. For example, the box idea is quite hilarious, but its impractical. The amount of start-up requires you to pretty much predict that Ike will attempt to go for the ledge in the first place.

If he is forced into this situation to UpB to get to the ledge, then you could have edgehogged ledgehop -> bair or something.

Actually, I believe that Ike's option to sideB and UpB achieve the same horizontal distance, only varying speeds at which they are performed. For example, the amount of time needed to charge sideB equates to the distance ike drifts without having used his UpB.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I just let him get the edge, set up some mines and what not, and then try to react to what he does accordingly. :o Doesn't really feel like he has enough options to really surprise me, but I haven't fought a super amazing Ike before.

Celestial Luna

Smash Rookie
Normally I try to get an edge hog with the invincibility frames , I also like timing a nade throw to hit his Aether. :3

Top Bottom