• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diamond City Coffee - Wario Social Thread

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
You guys just got a new Wario main; I've never been good at Smash 4 until I played as this guy. I'm still not winning much yet, but I've never been this close to winning before. Here's to the power of Wah!

EDIT: I have some replays I want to share of a recent match. I can't upload them to YouTube; they're too big, and I have no way to record/upload them with a camera. Can I send them to someone please, and maybe get some beginner's feedback?

Last edited:

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
You guys just got a new Wario main; I've never been good at Smash 4 until I played as this guy. I'm still not winning much yet, but I've never been this close to winning before. Here's to the power of Wah!

EDIT: I have some replays I want to share of a recent match. I can't upload them to YouTube; they're too big, and I have no way to record/upload them with a camera. Can I send them to someone please, and maybe get some beginner's feedback?
I'd be willing to do that. After all, even teachers benefit from teaching! ...unless it's wiiU, which it probably is :(

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
I'd be willing to do that. After all, even teachers benefit from teaching! ...unless it's wiiU, which it probably is :(
Dang it, I should've mentionned that it's Wii U. The irony is, usually it's 3DS! I don't dare go online on Wii U because of all those montage videos people like Alpharad make XD

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Who can I play for Wario MU practice? I got bodied pretty hard by Reflex at TO11 and want to study the matchup a bit.

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
Rango the Mercenary Rango the Mercenary Have you tried asking Reflex himself? If so and he declined or can't, I'd be happy to play you. I've played Ryo quite a bit from my weeklies, so I know a little about Ike's n-air/f-air frame traps and empty hop baits/mix-ups. One thing you should know, is that Wario will go for short hop n-air and falling U-air on Ike more than others, because of Ike's height making u-air a lot easier to land.

Last edited:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Rango the Mercenary Rango the Mercenary Have you tried asking Reflex himself? If so and he declined or can't, I'd be happy to play you. I've played Ryo quite a bit from my weeklies, so I know a little about Ike's n-air/f-air frame traps and empty hop baits/mix-ups. One thing you should know, is that Wario will go for short hop n-air and falling U-air on Ike more than others, because of Ike's height making u-air a lot easier to land.
Okay, I asked him. But I'd still be down for playing you since it doesn't hurt to get different play styles down. I should be on tomorrow and maybe Thursday night or Friday.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Who can I play for Wario MU practice? I got bodied pretty hard by Reflex at TO11 and want to study the matchup a bit.
Ironically, most Wario's think Ike bodies us, so I think you'll have some major difficulty finding a worthy opponent.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I am a believer that Ike > Wario in matchup. I just didn't play up to par in those matches and I want to improve my tactics for recovering and neutral.

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
I don't think Ike bodies Wario at all. Most Warios just aren't willing to play lame against Ike. The matchup should be about even.

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
Wario doesn't need to play lame against Ike, Adrian Marin Adrian Marin , Reflex didn't against Ryo or Rango. I don't believe Wario must play lame against anyone if you know what you are doing, which is the hard part about playing any character, especially a punish game character. If a Wario can hold up with a good level of aggression, I feel like it will be more likely for the opponent to mess up, which is what Wario wants. That being said it's definitely not easy playing this way, but it's better in my opinion.

Last edited:

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
Of course Wario can still play aggressive, Ssbm_Jag Ssbm_Jag , I'm just saying that because Wario is outranged and has limited tools to approach, he needs to shield a lot and generally play very defensive, which may seem "lame" to many people. When Wario is winning the neutral, Wario can feel free to aggress. If you get a good opportunity to punish, then you better punish him; Wario doesn't benefit as much from a completely campy playstyle, as you said.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
Wah, fellow Wario-fans! I've had Wario as a main since the days of Brawl, and the tradition continues in this game! Wario is my favorite Nintendo character of all time, and it pleases me that he is shown in the competitive and casual fields of Sm4sh. I can even do a good voice-impression of the legendary Wario as well.

Overall, I'm a friendly guy, so if you ever wish to talk about Wario with me, feel free! (I'm also a Wamona (Wario-x-Mona) shipper, so we can talk about that too if you want.)

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
mfw more disjoints
My feelings exactly. Cloud looks like an annoying mix between Shulk and Ike with a super powered mode we'll probably have to run away from until it runs out. Sigh, and to top it off, he'll probably be super overused. What's the opposite of Cloud 9?

Last edited:

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
Hey guys , I've been posting tips on my Twitter, they pertain to Wario as a whole , so I post little tidbits of info on MU, ATs, and overall just things I need to remember as a whole. I would love if people would build on the stuff that I post or give me constructive criticism on the things I post . Just thought I would throw that out there incass anyone was interested :) Twitter.com/ShielC4

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
Any Wario players going to the MVG frame perfect tournament? I know there's like 4 or 5 Wario's in SFL and I don't know of any here in NFL. I's only be entering project m singles and wii u dubs, but would love to meet anyone going.

PokeMarioRevolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supermario231502
My friend loaned me her copy of Wario World for the break this week, since I've yet to play it, and I'm absolutely loving it. (I loaned her my copy of Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door for the week in exchange)

PokeMarioRevolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supermario231502
Hey guys , I've been posting tips on my Twitter, they pertain to Wario as a whole , so I post little tidbits of info on MU, ATs, and overall just things I need to remember as a whole. I would love if people would build on the stuff that I post or give me constructive criticism on the things I post . Just thought I would throw that out there incass anyone was interested :) Twitter.com/ShielC4
That'll be very helpful and I'll make sure to check 'em out

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
PokeMarioRevolution PokeMarioRevolution

I love Wario World. My favorite video game outside of smash is DKC2, so I'm pretty big on platformers. If Wario World had more hardcore platforming sequences, more worlds, harder bosses, and maybe slightly better mechanics, I think it could have been one of the best games ever made. 3d platormer with shoulder bash? Yes, pls!

PokeMarioRevolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supermario231502
I don't agree with the difficulty, I didn't think it was as easy as it was made out to be but I agree that the enemies should be varied and the treasure should have an impact.

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
If you guys want to die from laughter, here's a charicature of the Wario v. Mario match-up. (The end made us both die)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nnfSgP71oc

Before you guys blast me, I just want to say this was from a series of 20 some friendly matches to help me learn this match-up. I was being VERY experimental, but I'll honestly say I struggle against Mario the most. I almost never use u-smash and using it against the ledge was more a joke as I've joked about Mario covering all edge options with u-smash. From this training session though, I've found that if I notice the opponent Mario turning around, they're probably going to b-air, so I can run and u-smash to counter, but I'd only do this when Mario is at high percents, other wise I'd powershield sh-nair.

Little Z

Smash Rookie
Would there be much interest in making a Discord server for Wario mains? I know a couple other characters have servers which I am a part of and they are nicely laid out. Discord servers basically have few different text threads and voice channels, set up in a better fashion to a Skype group. I'd be happy to make a server and try to kickstart it if anyone was interested in having an easier place to chat about all things Wario.

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
Would there be much interest in making a Discord server for Wario mains? I know a couple other characters have servers which I am a part of and they are nicely laid out. Discord servers basically have few different text threads and voice channels, set up in a better fashion to a Skype group. I'd be happy to make a server and try to kickstart it if anyone was interested in having an easier place to chat about all things Wario.
I don't think it would be very active at times, but I don't see why not.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
What are your character's weaknesses and how do I play the matchup with :4megaman: or :4greninja: (preferably Mega Man advice)? Wario almost always gives me problems about everytime I come across one, but fighting you doesn't feel like fighting any other character. In the past I've asked about his weaknesses many times, and the answer I got was usually just "his lack of range". A while ago I asked again the best Wario in my state (I haven't played him in forever tho) and a PR member in my state essentially said that too: "Lack of range makes it hard to get in. But once I do it doesn't matter because killing's not a problem". That's great to know I guess, but somehow I feel this isn't enough, and I still have problems with Wario even with that knowledge. Dealing with the Bike, Chomp, your Air Camping, and Dair have all been quite a pain imo, at first I found Wario fun to fight but now I just find it painful and I dunno what to do with you.

I watched ZeRo's analysis video on him in competitive play, but I'm not so sure I'd wanna trust it since while ZeRo is a great player and he inevitably wrecked me the chance I got to meet him once, I don't quite look to him as a strong character analysist after he did a horribly flawed Greninja video. I'd ask to play some of you here, but I'm not sure enough

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
Wario has absolutely ruined me. I have played him ever since the 3DS days and now I can't play anybody else. I love how Wario controls and feels, everyone else just feels "wrong". I literally sometimes try to ledgecancel a bike with Pit or Pac-Man.

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
Pretty much the same in my case. I can play Wario well and beat good players, but I'm ass with even the most basic characters like Mario lol.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
WAH WAH, I'm back boys. The time of me selling my soul to league has finally ended. Expect to see me a lot here lurking/posting. Going to be repping Wario A LOT in the VA/MD area as I did when I was an active smasher. :happysheep:

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
It's always weird when you're labbing/ looking at data across the cast and you get to Wario. I just sort of cringe and get it over with.

PokeMarioRevolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supermario231502
Wario has absolutely ruined me. I have played him ever since the 3DS days and now I can't play anybody else. I love how Wario controls and feels, everyone else just feels "wrong". I literally sometimes try to ledgecancel a bike with Pit or Pac-Man.
I'm also a Day 1 3DS Wario. For a while, I had your problem but recently I picked up :4iggy::4myfriends::4dk:

WRECK-IT MUNDO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
warionino129
3DS FC
4811-8008-0796
Yo!
Does anyone know when it's safe to use D-tilt and when not? I hate it when people can jab, grab or D-tilt out of the D-tilt. I know that it's save on higher % / Rage and not so safe on low % / No Rage. Any info?

Top Bottom