• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Goddang.. I knew the reduction would upset me, but 4 people is just way too few. You can't even have one of each class -- especially before any new expansion classes. 8 may have been too many, but 4??? Taking the party out of LAN party D:
Well considering you can't lan anymore >_> lol.

They tested all the way from 2-10 players, 8 was just wayyy too much and having played d2 for years, yeah it got way cluttered with 8 people. I'm kind of sad it isn't 5 so there will be one of each class, but then when the expansion came out people would want them to up it and they wouldn't want to for the same reasons, it just gets too cluttered and too easy. I've only played by myself so far so I can't tell you how 4 feels yet.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Did it ask for any sort of system requirements? If so, what were they?
Here you go:

MINIMUM SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

PC
OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
Processor: Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 4400+
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better

Mac
OS: Mac® OS X 10.6.8 or newer | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better

All Platforms
HD Space: 12 GB available HD space | Memory: 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/
Windows® 7 users, 2 GB for Mac® users) | Drive: DVD-ROM drive | Internet: Broadband Internet
connection | Display: 1024x768 minimum display resolution

(Note: Be advised that some wireless connections do not meet the minimums required to be a true Broadband Internet connecton. Wireless results may vary.)

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

PC
OS: Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz | Memory: 2 GB RAM | Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or
ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

Mac
OS: Mac® OS X 10.7 or newer | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo | Memory: 2 GB RAM
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better

Basically this game will run on anything lol.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Even SC2 allows 8 players (more in custom maps) despite having no relevance to the "actual game" (competitive multiplayer). Silly Blizzard. Limits are for kids!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
More good news!

According to a few sources playing the F&F Beta, it seems that Blizzard may have found a way to completely remove the delay of character combat actions resulting from network latency. This is further evident in many of the gameplay streams and youtube footage, in which nearly all combat actions appear to be instantaneous as if played in single-player. From what we understand, this only applies to combat actions, and not other gameplay functions, such as looting, chests, salvaging etc. The exception being big lagspikes, which will always cause a delay.

This has been corroborated further by F&F beta players who live in Australia. They are reporting that they are not seeing any delays in their combat actions, while having at least 200ms latency.

F&F sources have it that Blizzard are using a new method of client/server communication that provides a secure and tamper-proof method of using the local client to handle its own calculations, while sending the data to the server for verification. The Client doesn’t require the server to respond, hence removing Latency from the equation. The exact technical information of how this works is unknown, particularly how it protects the game from tampering with the client, however it is believed that the server checks all the data that comes from the client, and if it detects tampering it disconnects the client. This eliminates the need for the client to have to wait for a response from the server, and runs as business as usual unless the server doesn’t like what the client has sent it.

This is huge news, particularly for players in Australia, New Zealand and other high-latency regions that don’t have localized servers. Diablo 3 combat looks very fast-paced and the slightest delay would make the game feel rather broken. As well-illustrated by this monk gameplay video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJahkoqY-ak

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Dang. I shoulda patented it. I was working on this exact algorithm recently for my network design in a game.

(Just kidding about patenting it, but I really did think of this design. I'm glad Blizzard did too. Lag sux.)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I just saw the recent PvP explanation video and inside I heard the guy say that hopefully they'll be able to show more recent stuff at the next blizzcon.. so does that mean it's gonna take minimum another year for the game to come out? That would suck.. lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Not at all. The game is likely to be released this year early december, at latest you are looking at january or feb. They are pushing really hard to release it this year.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
That blog entry suggests that there will in fact be keys going out. :D

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, it does. Most likely though this is referring to the 1000 beta keys given out at blizz con.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm still banking on beta testers being given keys to share with friends. ^_^

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm still banking on beta testers being given keys to share with friends. ^_^
That would be nice, I doubt it though. So far everyone who has gotten into the beta has been through the opt-in as far as I know. They will send invites out in waves though so we never know.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG that stream is making me nostalgic for Diablo II days long ago.

All my doubts have began to melt away these past days and am wanting to get this game again.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah pretty much all my worries faded when I actually played the game and then I just became addicted as hell.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hey how did you get a key in the first place? Is it because you are friends with a journalist? Because my co-worker said the only people that have keys are people under that field.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My friend got into the F&F beta and lets me use his account, I didn't get a key.

Again, they won't be giving out keys to the general public unless you attended blizzcon. If you get into the closed beta it will be through opt-in at www.battle.net.

Anyone remember this little bad boy?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/stone-of-jordan

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, for those who haven't heard:

Mike Morhaime said:
We commonly use the term "soon" when referring to Blizzard releases, because we know that no matter how hard we're working to reach a target, we're not going to compromise and launch a game before it's ready. For Diablo III, we were aiming to launch by the end of 2011. As we're announcing globally today, our new target for the game is early 2012.

While this news might not be a complete surprise, I know that many of you were hopeful that Diablo III would ship this year. We were too. However, this week we pulled together people from all of the teams involved with the game to decide whether we felt it would be ready before the end of December, and we grudgingly came to the conclusion that it would not. Ultimately, we feel that to deliver an awesome Diablo sequel that lives up to our expectations and yours as well, we should take a little more time and add further polish to a few different elements of the game.

The upside of today's announcement is that we will be running the beta test longer than we initially planned, which will allow us to invite more of you who have opted in.

For those taking on the Diableard challenge, we salute you -- and now fear for your well-being and personal hygiene. We hereby issue an official reprieve to all Diableard participants, including Blizzard employees, if you want to trim or otherwise manage the lower half of your face. We'd still love to see your beardly achievements, and we look forward to seeing more of your efforts as we move into 2012, but not to the detriment of your workplaces and significant others.

Thank you everyone for your support and anticipation for Diablo III. We're still moving ahead at full pace, and we'll be keeping you fully informed of any news and developments here at Diablo3.com, including the specific release date when the time comes, so stay tuned.

Matt07

Smash Master
I'm kinda glad that they're doing this, I felt 2011 was a bit early for Diablo III. Any delay to make the game better is worth it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
And realistically it's probably only a month set-back.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well,

Maybe i'll get opted in. (Gonna play me a witch doctor)

I knew they wouldn't get it by the end of this year

Of course, I had to buy something to get into starcraft II beta (LOL, I did not buy the beta from ebay, It came with a WoW expansion or something)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thought I would show off my characters, though they look a lot cooler in the selection screen than just pictures heh.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Yeah, no...It doesn't.

It looks A LOT better than the wow selection screen

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes, crafting is pretty awesome.

Basically you have a blacksmith(+ other crafters not in the beta) and as you level him up he has more items for you to craft. You can see some of the items proprieties and there will be some +x random proprities. So you can craft the same item over and over and always have it be different.

For example I crafted both those carvers on my barb.

Top Bottom