• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I actually thought Dark Horse's South Park analogy was pretty astute. General nihilism and disdain that can vary between "that's a good point" and "that's a cartoonish misrepresentation of the facts" that generally makes you wonder if they (be it Gheb or Matt Stone and Trey Parker) actually have a stance on any issues or just kinda hate everybody

<3 you tho ghebski
It amazes me how much people think they know about ... other people.

:059:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Evil Eye Evil Eye Hating everyone is a stance and is a requirement for being a pragmatist.

Just don't forget to hate yourself more than anyone else. Not really sure how people operate without some degree of self-loathing.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm not entirely sure how you guys seem to have gotten this impression of gheb after knowing him for so long, he's never been a misanthrope. He can come off that way sometimes because he has strong opinions and is stubborn and those opinions often tend to go towards things that many of feel strongly about because most of us are Americans and totally come from a different context. Notice that most of the time he does this is in terms of American exceptionalism.

I do have to note this:

How many times have you been there again?

:059:
I'm Queer, I'm in contact with members of the queer community some of whom are in or have fled from Russia. I think the fact that they fundamentally discriminate against who I am, legally, to the point that even coming out of the closet is sufficient cause for me to be jailed, is sufficient for me to say that Russia is a horrible country.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't either. Also Gheb is never salty. I realized this upon meeting him. The german guy from "Sense 8" would remind me of him. I would love to play skype mafia or irl mafia with Gheb, it's be hilarious.

Maven89

Smash Master
I just realized my habit of sending thoughts to the game mod means I've seen sending lists of all my strategies and weaknesses to people I play against. Woops

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do that all the time. All of my cases I send to the mod first so I can preview it and make it look nice. If I accidentally post, no harm as he's the mod. :gova:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

Maven's current profile pic thought Maven's old profile pic was a bear. I guess we know why he changed avatars...

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I don't think I've ever heard of someone sending thoughts to the GM in advance.

I'm curious, why not just type it out and mull it over? The GM can't really reply anyways.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
I just started typing my thoughts my role PM for some reason and kept the tradition up, I send it because I figured the game mods would get a kick from seeing the inner thoughts of one of their players, and it keeps a record so I can double check.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Makes sense. I normally open up a notepad or word doc so I can shift notes and thoughts around and figure out what my case is. It can see how having a documented record of your thoughts in chronological order would be cool too.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Oh hai. I guess I'm the guy who's only played 2 games of mafia in his life and is only posting this to watch this thread. So hai there.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh hai. I guess I'm the guy who's only played 2 games of mafia in his life and is only posting this to watch this thread. So hai there.
Hey, man.

I was gonna go with Hello by Adelle, but then I realized it was too overused. Then, I was gonna do Nice to Meet You by Head Space, but I realized that would imply I haven't met you yet. After that I was gonna go with Hey There Delilah, but I forgot that would imply TSYK is a girl. When I had realized none of those would work, I was gonna go with Hey Man Nice Shot (by Filter), but then I came to the conclusion that would have to be taken out of context to say "Hey, man." Then I remembered the legendary classic that I linked in the greeting.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, I'm currently learning Schism on bass guitar. I've got the main riff down pretty well, but I didn't realize how hard it is to get the D to articulate correctly (because it's a hammer right after a hammer on the same string with no re-articulation). Also, my hand hurts from playing bass too long so I'm off to bed. Good night, DGamesia.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rest your hand my friend. I sprained mine and had to wait 4 weeks to use it so it could heal. Don't sprain yours, I learned it the hard way.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I don't think I've ever heard of someone sending thoughts to the GM in advance.

I'm curious, why not just type it out and mull it over? The GM can't really reply anyways.
It keeps it in a static place I'm more likely to check. I make notes occasionally in Docs or on programs on my computer and I rarely remember to check them after the fact. I look at smashboards frequently while playing the game so it serves as an automatic reminder. Not only that, the mod can't say **** back so I can vent pretty freely about anything.

:186:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Sorry to hear that, man. I'm on my last 6 dollars of credit and my last 50 cents of actual money if it makes you feel any better.

Hope you bounce back in a hurry. You're a smart dude you'll be aight

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Sorry to hear that, man. I'm on my last 6 dollars of credit and my last 50 cents of actual money if it makes you feel any better. Hope you bounce back in a hurry. You're a smart dude you'll be aight
I told my family this morning and they asked me about Plan B because they know that I never make commitments without having backup plans. I told them that I got a full refund on the course because I withdrew in the middle of the program and I was going to use the remaining time to look for jobs in FL as a medical scribe. I'm doubling down on Biochemistry right now when I have down time due to its emphasis in medical school and on the MCAT. I heard that tutoring for a review course pays around $17-$20 an hour. If I'm able to do a little better on the next exam then it's feasible as a mid/long term goal (give or take 6 months) as well as private tutoring.

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sup nerds!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2067…/MegaManTestv10.zip

I have almost completed a fully functional "Mega Man" engine in Unity. Above is my first attempt at a test boss. Let me know if you can beat the Metal Man variant, but more importantly let me know if you run into any crazy bugs. I know of a few glitches and animation issues, but they should be easily fixed at this point.

Does anyone here know any pixel artists? I'm looking to actually create a megaman style game with non-capcom assets, but I don't have time to learn everything on my own. :(

Top Bottom