• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I think that Christians can't really tell you what Christianity is about in context of the bible. Really so much of modern Christianity is to focus on the gospel of Jesus and use that to convert new believers into the word and pretty much ignore the fact that there is a strong sense of intolerance by God as he is represented in the Old Testament that runs contrary to the type of religious tolerance we try to preserve as a pluralistic American community. Like honestly, it's ****ed up to go to a homosexual and say that they're shunned because they like to bong guys/gals as guys/gals. But really if you even bother to skim through the Old Testament, you basically have a God that not only burns his enemies downs and basically manipulate them into slice & dicing themselves with swords, but has no real attachment to people who he acknowledges as being devout loyal or are his own 'chosen' people. You would think that something as big as the parting of the Red Sea and massive genocide on both parties would have some significant historical remainders in Egyptian culture that would leave us with some sentiment other than a big 'maybe.'

I mean I know you guys are discussing the whole Calvinist shebang with 'supralapsarianism' v. 'infralapsarianism' but really if you want to look at something in retrospect from a transcendental perspective, why did God put his chosen people into slavery. Only to decide to bust them out several centuries later. Looking at what we have in the Bible itself, it is obvious that they had a horrible time of making it out of there and even when they finally arrive to the 'Promised Land' they are kicked out for forty years because they are scared of fighting the Giants that inhabit the land and after they finally arrive to the 'Promised Land' they are constantly subjugated and punished for entertaining other religious sects within the land resulting in God needing to send his super powered followers, the 'Judges', to take on the heathens and show the Hebrew people whose really top God. And even then, more God inspired problems.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Ramses, eat a Snickers.
I'll just like to point out that Snickers is probably one of the worst things you could eat if you're actually hungry. Unless you're bulimic and want to puke, in which case go for it.

Disclaimer: I don't actually recommend puking, if you or a loved one suffers from an eating disorder then contact help immediately.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I think that Christians can't really tell you what Christianity is about in context of the bible. Really so much of modern Christianity is to focus on the gospel of Jesus and use that to convert new believers into the word and pretty much ignore the fact that there is a strong sense of intolerance by God as he is represented in the Old Testament that runs contrary to the type of religious tolerance we try to preserve as a pluralistic American community. Like honestly, it's ****ed up to go to a homosexual and say that they're shunned because they like to bong guys/gals as guys/gals. But really if you even bother to skim through the Old Testament, you basically have a God that not only burns his enemies downs and basically manipulate them into slice & dicing themselves with swords, but has no real attachment to people who he acknowledges as being devout loyal or are his own 'chosen' people. You would think that something as big as the parting of the Red Sea and massive genocide on both parties would have some significant historical remainders in Egyptian culture that would leave us with some sentiment other than a big 'maybe.'

I mean I know you guys are discussing the whole Calvinist shebang with 'supralapsarianism' v. 'infralapsarianism' but really if you want to look at something in retrospect from a transcendental perspective, why did God put his chosen people into slavery. Only to decide to bust them out several centuries later. Looking at what we have in the Bible itself, it is obvious that they had a horrible time of making it out of there and even when they finally arrive to the 'Promised Land' they are kicked out for forty years because they are scared of fighting the Giants that inhabit the land and after they finally arrive to the 'Promised Land' they are constantly subjugated and punished for entertaining other religious sects within the land resulting in God needing to send his super powered followers, the 'Judges', to take on the heathens and show the Hebrew people whose really top God. And even then, more God inspired problems.
It's almost like the bible wasn't actually written from a divine perspective . . .

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I eat snickers like, literally all the time. I dunno if they beat peanut butter cups tho, it's a tough call. Doesn't matter tho cuz I eat 'em both!

nom nom nom

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Non-negotiable North America Candy Tier List:

SS Tier -
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
See's Milk Chocolate /w Taffy
Snickers

S Tier -
Twix
Peanut M&M's (some variants like peanut butter are ok)
Hershey's Milk Chocolate (kisses/bar)
Butter Finger
Hershey's Cookies and Cream bar
Kit Kat (overrated IMHO)

A Tier -
Gummy Bears/Worms etc.
York Mint Patties

B Tier -
Any other chocolate-esque bars not mentioned earlier, i.e. Mr. Goodbar
Any other chocolate form candy not mentioned earlier, i.e. Rolos

C Tier -
Nerds
Skittles
Now & Laters
Other non-chocolate candies

D Tier -
Hard candies that will inevitably get stuck to your teeth

Everything Else Tier -
Everything else

Not Included-
Any candy not specific to to NA, i.e. German/Switzerland/Italy/Sweden.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
anyone who summarily dismisses any genre of music should give it another chance in an altered state

music is everything

Foxy the Silver Fox

Anomandaris_Rake|Ranmaru
Pretty much this. Every genre has at least one good band/artist/rap gorup/ whatever

Except for crunkcore. That **** sucks

I also agree. I listen to any type of music. I mean, I listen to good music. Or rather, music I like. Which can be anything. Ranging from Azelia Banks to Lil B to MF Doom to Korn to Disturbed to Justin Timberlake to Miley Cyrus. YES MILEY CYRUS

Top Bottom