• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

#HBC | ѕoup

you know specifically what kind of genre is the stuff you and kooz are linking so i can track it; chillwave?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
dang it this girl can't make it cuz work johnz

guh

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Acrostic I almost left too but I was with people. Had I been alone I would've walked out.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I was told to post here. :D
Hello, welcome to our social thread. Mafia sign up thread can be found here. If you have any questions regarding navigating the site feel free to pm Zεη. Any questions about anime feel free to ask our resident weeaboo Xonar and I'm more than happy to deal with any other issues you may have and you can reach me here.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Just watched a video on facebook of a live woman's head being cut off with a knife. I think this is possibly the first time I've ever seen a real person directly being killed. I am quite disturbed and sad and well confused and I feel like I'm repressing my emotions but I don't know how to not repress them.

To be honest, I have often fantasized of ridding the world of evil men who could do such things. I always wondered, if I could get away with it and had the ability to do so, if I would kill people who deserved it (murderers themselves and those who have taken the innocence of a child). I think I can say now, after watching this, that the answer is certainly no. After seeing the reality of it, the idea of killing another human being is just no. Even if they were the worst of scum. Unless someone's life was in immediate danger, to kill someone would just be wrong.

You know what's disgusting? How this world is built off killing and devouring other living things. All, or most human beings, are sociopaths. We kill and eat other living things with apathy. The same as a sociopath feels nothing for killing a human being. What a ridiculous system the world runs on.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We kill and eat other living things with apathy.

Join the club then and quit meat. It's only one step from killing an animal to killing a human.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields ~ Lew Tolstoi

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Zen, you're a clever dude with a lot of common sense and you've got your heart in the right place. Improve your ability to express yourself and your self-awareness - your quality of life will improve with it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Just watched a video on facebook of a live woman's head being cut off with a knife. I think this is possibly the first time I've ever seen a real person directly being killed. I am quite disturbed and sad and well confused and I feel like I'm repressing my emotions but I don't know how to not repress them.

You know what's disgusting? How this world is built off killing and devouring other living things. All, or most human beings, are sociopaths. We kill and eat other living things with apathy. The same as a sociopath feels nothing for killing a human being. What a ridiculous system the world runs on.

I felt the same way you felt when I saw a man CHAINSAW A PIGS HEAD OFF WITHOUT STUNNING IT. **** man. And he was posing after as if he was some god. The pig's body obv reacted very severely to the SURPRISE CHAINSAW. Even now that I think about it, it was ****ed up. It makes me go "What is mankind, really?????????????????????????"

But I just had some Chicken Breasts. I would post my first attempt + results of doing a stir fry, but I'll delay it for later.

Jesus Christ

Smash Rookie

To be honest, I have often fantasized of ridding the world of evil men who could do such things. I always wondered, if I could get away with it and had the ability to do so, if I would kill people who deserved it (murderers themselves and those who have taken the innocence of a child). I think I can say now, after watching this, that the answer is certainly no. After seeing the reality of it, the idea of killing another human being is just no. Even if they were the worst of scum. Unless someone's life was in immediate danger, to kill someone would just be wrong.

Someone should have stopped it from happening.

HollowNote

Smash Cadet
Join the club then and quit meat. It's only one step from killing an animal to killing a human.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields ~ Lew Tolstoi

I have problems believing that because of 2 reasons.

1. Energy transfer. There's a basic rule of physics that says that energy can only be transferred and never destroyed. Biology says that there are basic energy compounds in every living being. Therefore we can assume that energy can be transferred between beings.

2. Everything and everyone dies. Why waste the energy? It's really basic to me to take advantage of that.

It's your decision though. I just wanted to put in my opinions.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I've been depressed on and off since the 9th grade, and I'm 22 now. A lot of it is probably just who you are. You can battle it with serious life style changes (like consistent exercise, always doing your work, making time for friends and family, giving yourself an a goal that you're actually striving towards, ect.) but it is hard to stop those genes.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I've been depressed on and off since the 9th grade, and I'm 22 now. A lot of it is probably just who you are. You can battle it with serious life style changes (like consistent exercise, always doing your work, making time for friends and family, giving yourself an a goal that you're actually striving towards, ect.) but it is hard to stop those genes.

I find it harder. It's not just a lifestyle thing. It seems to hit me out of nowhere sometimes, like some weeks I can't get myself to do anything productive and all I can do is just wait for it to be over. It's not a feeling of sadness, it's a feeling of emptiness. When it hits there's no real thing that I can do to combat it, all I want to do is just curl up in a ball and cry. I've said before, it never really passes.

:applejack:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maybe you need love. Or something to fill that hole.

Maybe food.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I was always under the impression that depression was a holistic construct of multiple emotions. Fatigue, boredom, helplessness, restlessness, anger, distress, loneliness, ect. making it impossible to really categorize as being correlated to any set of major gene sequences.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
NIH cut up 'depressed' people's brains and discovered that the prefrontal cortex was smaller than in the corpses of 'happier' people. Also the area had fewer/smaller neurons (nerve cells) than in the depressed brain. They also discovered that in depressed people there was over-expression of the Gata1 gene sequence which resulted in reduced expression of synapse related genes and decreased connections between neurons.

tl;dr scientists noticed that there is a trend in 'depressed people' that their minds have stunted prefrontal cortex growth due their genes over coding (making) Gata1 that results in deterioration of the cortex. The article implies that the issue is with synapse connections which facilitate passage of neurotransmitters i.e. serotonin that have an important part toward facilitating mood. However...

My take: While this is great and all, the prefrontal cortex is responsible for making executive decisions and complicated thought processes. It is also responsible for controlling us from caving in to self indulgence and instead reorient ourselves to be more task oriented. Neurological issues such as 'ADHD' is also believed to be linked to the prefrontal cortex which leaves an interesting question whether people are depressed due to stunted prefrontal cortex development are that way because they are more likely to struggle in classes, unable to willingly follow a long-term plan, or are unable to resist their base desires and end up neglecting the hard work necessary to get ahead to build a happy life. It could also be the case that more stress is induced in order to remain task oriented which results in a greater production of corticosteroids. Corticosteroids are known for memory loss which makes academic success even harder resulting in depression. After being induced to a state of depression, greater effort needs to be applied resulting in more stress on the subject potentially resulting in a vicious cycle.

NIH article, don't have the lab report.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I cave in to mine all the time.

I was JUST wondering "Why the **** do I procrastinate every time ;-; "

#HBC | ѕoup

Maybe you need love. Or something to fill that hole.

Maybe food.

no im certain ill try and take acrostic's advice because i honestly don't want depression to be a defining factor about me and the people that actually go ahead and say that it is are the ones who never get over it

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
NIH cut up 'depressed' people's brains and discovered that the prefrontal cortex was smaller than in the corpses of 'happier' people. Also the area had fewer/smaller neurons (nerve cells) than in the depressed brain. They also discovered that in depressed people there was over-expression of the Gata1 gene sequence which resulted in reduced expression of synapse related genes and decreased connections between neurons.

tl;dr scientists noticed that there is a trend in 'depressed people' that their minds have stunted prefrontal cortex growth due their genes over coding (making) Gata1 that results in deterioration of the cortex. The article implies that the issue is with synapse connections which facilitate passage of neurotransmitters i.e. serotonin that have an important part toward facilitating mood. However...

My take: While this is great and all, the prefrontal cortex is responsible for making executive decisions and complicated thought processes. It is also responsible for controlling us from caving in to self indulgence and instead reorient ourselves to be more task oriented. Neurological issues such as 'ADHD' is also believed to be linked to the prefrontal cortex which leaves an interesting question whether people are depressed due to stunted prefrontal cortex development are that way because they are more likely to struggle in classes, unable to willingly follow a long-term plan, or are unable to resist their base desires and end up neglecting the hard work necessary to get ahead to build a happy life. It could also be the case that more stress is induced in order to remain task oriented which results in a greater production of corticosteroids. Corticosteroids are known for memory loss which makes academic success even harder resulting in depression. After being induced to a state of depression, greater effort needs to be applied resulting in more stress on the subject potentially resulting in a vicious cycle.

NIH article, don't have the lab report.

Holy **** this post describes my life.

:applejack:

Top Bottom