• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Yeah Eminem's kinda like the rap equivalent to the Shawshank Redemption (in film). So many people dig it that there's a real temptation among people to hate on it, either out of contrarianism or that typical Internet card of "overrated" or what have you. But like Shawshank Eminem is just good and there's not much to dispute it with.
Agreed. Past discography though trumps a lot of his more recent works like Relapse and Recovery. There are some reuses of motifs in some instances like in Cold Wind Blows, "When the aqua man drowns..." which parallels When the Music Stops, "You all steady trying to drown the shark" but the creativity in describing futility in such a concise manner is lyrically unrivaled.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
whenever people discuss their opinions I always just add "on the radio" in opportune places of their speech.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Really strong lyrical hiphop currently falls on like

eminem
childish gambino
Lupe Fiasco (seriously go listen to his album the cool.. do it right now, then you guys can further understand me and macmans undying love for this guy)
Atmosphere

err can't think of to many others I'm currently bumping

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Atmosphere seconded
Soul Position "No young, gifted and black just guns *****es and crack."
"I guess this is what happens when rappers look up to thugs, and kids look up to rappers."
Aesop Rock This entire ****ing song is a lyrical masterpiece.
Common Market "They may say I’m just a dreamer, well at least I’m thinkin’ while I’m sleepin’"

etc etc

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Really strong lyrical hiphop currently falls on like

eminem
childish gambino
Lupe Fiasco (seriously go listen to his album the cool.. do it right now, then you guys can further understand me and macmans undying love for this guy)
Atmosphere

err can't think of to many others I'm currently bumping
I personally like Food and Liquor more for the lyrics and The Cool for the beat and rhythm. Both of them are gdlk.

Eminem is god tier. He gets haters because he was a previous underground MC and shifted to mainstream, but haters gonna' hate. He consistently says some of the sickest lines I have ever heard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opAJ5vS-I4Q (NSFW aka a few curse words).

Childish Gambino is still amateur IMO but he has mad potential. Very clever.

Atmosphere is sick.

My face when people tell me Drake/Lil-Wayne/Random"Rapper" is the best rapper:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ace drops some of the sickest lines, it's insane.

In Citronella:
"Those who grew up thinking faith was the surrender of reason but not a reason to surrender."

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Childish Gambino, Earl Sweatshirt, Machine Gun Kelly, and HOPSIN. This is the future of rap imo, theyre all too ****ing legit. And now XV.

Axel

J|Zεη
My face when people tell me Drake/Lil-Wayne/Random"Rapper" is the best rapper:

I think this face is more appropriate:

Mainly because Drake isn't a rapper. He's R&B/Hip-Hop

And KevinM Imma let you finish, but SupaHotFire is da bess
notta
rapper of ALL TIME

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
electric/dubstep/etc.

Before any of you say that it sucks, please.
It isn't about the wobbles, it's about the rhythm.
If you find any music with alot of wubs and stuff, that's just crap.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So.

Conan O'Brien, wearing women's sunglasses, looks like Meryl Streep's character from The Devil Wears Prada. He's seriously a fur coat away.

Not much room for discussion here, but now you've seen this, and you can't unsee it.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
so i guess no one else listens to the rap i listen to where they solely just talk about how ballin they are like rick ross/wiz/lil wayne?

MIND SO SHARP I CUT MY HEAD OFF

:phone:

Top Bottom