• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Hey guys! It's me! The famous Madge! Bessie has bribed me with Survivor buffs to make an appearance. Is this the equivalent of Gojoe? I'm so lost. I'm working things out. I need an avatar! And a light theme!!!!

EDIT: okay, I have changed my avatar and changed to a light theme. I'm in the zone!!!!
Hi Madge! Welcome to Dgames! I have signups open for a closed setup game here if you're interested: https://smashboards.com/threads/signups-these-are-things-i-like-the-mafia-game.507001/

I am also a big survivor fan and enjoy would love to talk about it whenever the show comes back on.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
IDK, in the tradition of mafia players everywhere I play at work, and a light theme looks more work-adjacent than the dark themes do. If anyone has any suggestions for what themes most closely resemble spreadsheets, word documents, design drawings, or google maps, then I'm all ears.
Makes total sense. I'm just overly sensitive so have a dark mode bias. I actually used to play at work too at my old job and we had the worst monitors, like staring at the sun. Got me accustomed to using dark mode for everything. On xkcd, reddit, etc. I used Windows' built-in color inverter, which uh, was not ideal at all, but anything for the cause.*

*Playing social deduction games over internet forums.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Hey guys! It's me! The famous Madge! Bessie has bribed me with Survivor buffs to make an appearance. Is this the equivalent of Gojoe? I'm so lost. I'm working things out. I need an avatar! And a light theme!!!!

EDIT: okay, I have changed my avatar and changed to a light theme. I'm in the zone!!!!
Hi Madge!

They don't really have a Gojoe thread here. Individual games may have a spectator thread you can join if you ask the mod, but you won't get the players' private thoughts.

Which theme are you using? I tried the default light theme and it felt very obnoxious to me. I'm currently experimenting with the midnight one which at least doesn't have Nintendo characters all down the side.

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’ve been on smash boards dark for so long I forget how to change it. I used to use the old school blue one though, can’t remember the name.

EDIT: Project M is close to the old school blue one, and now my default. Light is super obnoxious btw

Last edited:

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
I don’t have any experience with hydras so I can’t really compare, but we had a newbie mentor game on xkcd that worked out well. The mentors were there to advise and discuss the game with their mentees but didn’t actually play, like do analysis or anything like that (they were also available to replace because unfortunately newbies replace out a lot). Mentoring is also a great for people that don’t want to commit to playing a game themselves to still be involved with the forum, since there is no public spoiler thread.
Oh, I vaguely remember being mentored by someone. Was that part of Bin Chicken mafia or do I not remember the first game I was in correctly? Anyway, I remember the mentor being a lot of help, it's definitely a good idea.

Hey Madge, good to see you here.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
There were definitely mentors in Bin Chicken. It was my first game as Town and bessie was my mentor. Great fun. She lent me her untouchable Townie aura.

I guess I was also basically mentored by SDK in my second game as mafia (scum with daychat), so I kind of ended up with the best of both worlds, now that I think about it.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
See Madge really does exist!!!
Oh, I vaguely remember being mentored by someone. Was that part of Bin Chicken mafia or do I not remember the first game I was in correctly? Anyway, I remember the mentor being a lot of help, it's definitely a good idea.
Yes it was Bin Chicken. I have all 9 pages so I'll post it eventually. Wasn't Sabrar Sabrar scum in that game?? :laugh:
I am finishing up Crossover Mafia next because there were a lot of DGamers in that game.

There were definitely mentors in Bin Chicken. It was my first game as Town and bessie was my mentor. Great fun. She lent me her untouchable Townie aura.
Hmmmmm.
1598493205065.png

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have Crusaders Kings II although I never played it. I just heard one guy LOVED it and found it hilarious. So I got it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
DGames is pretty dead when there’s not a game going.
The social has been quiet for a long time. While DGames does seem to be more active now than it has been in the past, I think a lot of the incidental casual discussions have moved to the discord. And we don't have outright arguments about things like we used to (this is probably a good thing?)

Chaco

Never Logs In
The social has been quiet for a long time. While DGames does seem to be more active now than it has been in the past, I think a lot of the incidental casual discussions have moved to the discord. And we don't have outright arguments about things like we used to (this is probably a good thing?)
For sure. Lol. I need to join the discord even if I won’t hop on voice much. Using my phone is awkward unless I have AirPods or decent headphones on me to use.

But yeah when you updated that game list and 2017 or 2018, can’t remember which, only had one mafia game ran I was like dang.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The social thread wasn't as active these days anyway. Yet, I do think it's important we post in it from time to time for prospective players to see that it is still alive and kicking.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Impa would technically be 100 years younger, seems likely maaaaybe?

I could see Impa, maybe the King of Hyrule, if they want to get into time travel shenanigans probably a few characters from BOTW, and maybe they’ll have made a few new characters that will have just been forgotten in the passage of time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So Werewolves Within is on sale on Steam. If you have VR (HTC Vive, Oculus ift, or Valve Index), and enjoy town of salem, this is for you. $5

Ends in 45 hours.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Did anyone watch the Mini Direct? I haven't played monster hunter yet but those look like they could be fun, and Hades is supposed to release today and I've been really looking forward to playing it. Also have never played the Rune Factory games but from the trailer they had for Rune Factory 5 it looks like a game I could easily sink 100 hours in.

Also, the PS5 showcase yesterday looked good too. I'm most pumped about FFXVI, but I may wait a year or two before I pick up a PS5.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
sup kev, life’s good, just gotta new job and live in ny now. glad to hear you’re still swaggin out boi

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Top Bottom