• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Pamplona Point is coming along terrific other than that bonersucker Player-3 dropping out. Anyone hoping to get in on possibly the only opportunity you will ever have to play an AGame? Cuz he's out which means juicy survival drama possibilities await.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
The year EE came back to DGames

so Orbo is also a dongmongler and has dropped out. I also wasn't done filling the game even before he and P3 dropped out, so it would be awesome if some people were interested in stepping up

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Me being back to dgames doesn't mean I'm any less done with mafia

how about you just play the game because it's probably gonna be the only sandbox AGame anyone (including me) runs ever again

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I have a fair number of roles to fill even without those bonerdragons dropping out so I'm gonna consider you /in. Hit me up on aim sometime/pm me

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Me being back to dgames doesn't mean I'm any less done with mafia

how about you just play the game because it's probably gonna be the only sandbox AGame anyone (including me) runs ever again
:p you suck.

Seriously though was kiddin, but I'll consider joining, never been much of an agame person and need to figure out how much time it consumes and what my schedules gonna be like.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ah the weekends, where DGames is at a lull like clockwork and there are no new posts anywhere.

Anyone doing anything fun for Halloween? What are some costume ideas going on?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ah the weekends, where DGames is at a lull like clockwork and there are no new posts anywhere.

All my friends might be working or are sick with a flu/cold going around.

Most likely going to be home alone this year! :foreveralone:

Which would be a first since I have had a Halloween party every year.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
I'm with Ryu really. If I had unlimited time and resources I would cosplay Zero and go crash a party or something, but that is sadly not the case. Ah, responsibilities.
*Not going to rant about Zero for smash 4*

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown

I'll be wrapping up a 24 hour shift at like, 9 am and then sleeping all day lol.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
ill be getting hammered with my buddy to celebrate turning 21 WOOP WOOP YEA BABY WE OUT
You lovable fool. Get back from our site and play here a game or something.

Also I'll be hitting that big 21 soon as well in a 2 weeks.

Edit:

Oh, and for Halloween, I'll be ushering a show, play horror video games with a buddy and going to a party or something. Going as a Dinosaur this year.

Rawr

Last edited:

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Actually nix that, sorry. My schedule cleared up some and I'll be able to finish.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey everyone. I just have a little spiel that I feel needs to be said because it becoming a bigger and bigger concern of mine for DGames posters. I understand that we all get heated at times and that this room is very liberal on censor dodging, but we really need to stop saying the "r" word because it is a terrible word to use and not even correct to say. It's been a common problem for years here, but times have changed.

I've been finding it a problem for a while and I am actually going to be starting a petition to get the word on the censor'd list because everywhere else you go in modern society, that word is heavily frowned upon as an incredibly negative and oppresive word.

I dislike having to post something like this, but let's move past out-dated/offensive words to describe people's actions. The "r" word is something that truly not needed and I'm not going to lecture/preach past this point. I just wanted to bring this to ya'lls attention and I will be watching posts more carefully with that word strewn about them.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
As much as I don't want us to be going off the deep end here, I am not going to encourage a censor, regardless of how I feel about the word in question. If you want that gone, you're on your own. If you want to make it enforceable, then you'll have to get it censored. I'm not going to challenge people's word choice.

That is not to say I will not encourage people to treat each other better. There is a large difference between "that is ********" and "you are ********."

Also, in general, anywhere where casual language is the standard, I see that word used constantly. I'm not certain that's any worse than any number of other words people use to insult each other because you wouldn't do that when in a professional environment either.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The problem I have about the word is that it is now defined more as a "slur" than that of a word. It's a incredibly foul word and just one that is something I am struggling to see a valid reason to use to describe any action on a forum because there are many other different words.

Then again, I'm an educator. So I see the impact that word has on people and it is truly heartbreaking to see what that word can do to someone or if someone who knows people who are mentally disabled. In the setting I'm around, (both collegiate and high school level) that word is a banned word for a lot of important reasons.

The thing again is that we have a lot of young posters in DGames that are still in high school and I just am torn in a moral dilemma. I'm gonna discuss this with other mods and get their input, I'm just urging people to try and think of different words to use to describe actions and people.

That's pretty much all I'm asking is to use another word besides that one.

I value your opinion and I thank you for your input, though Ryker because I understand where you are coming from so thank you for that.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's not even in my vocabulary. I am simply talking about acting as a censor outside of your zone of authority. If you want to get it on the censor, then best of luck. It doesn't hurt me. However, from a practical standpoint, I do not want to see ANOTHER situation where a mod reaches past their authority and ends up fighting the community because that **** is lame and I've seen it too many times.

Maven89

Smash Master
I think banning that word is going way too far. I don't find the problem to be diction but tone. Someone going "mavens being ********" doesn't upset me if it's relating to the game, someone going "oh, lol, ok Mavrn you ****ing ******, stop drooling on yourself" does. One is trying to get a point across in an insulting manner, the later is just an insult disguised as a point. It's mafia, people are going to get annoyed due to the nature of the game. Can't stop it entirely

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't know, man. Can you still call someone a ***** even though that's deeply sexist?

I guess there is a point to this crusade but **** my life. Can we please get some new words to describe the uncool, the unintelligent, and so on? It just gets harder and harder to describe anything without accidentally potentially offending somebody.

update: you cannot call someone a *****. On SWF at least.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I guess there is a point to this crusade but **** my life. Can we please get some new words to describe the uncool, the unintelligent, and so on? It just gets harder and harder to describe anything without accidentally potentially offending somebody.

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I don't know, man. Can you still call someone a ***** even though that's deeply sexist?

update: you cannot call someone a *****. On SWF at least.
I thought ****boy was the cool new insult that everyone used. That one certainly seems to stick at least.

I'm fine with ****** being censored--if *** and *****/****** are behind that same censor then ****** and ******** definitely should be, but I don't like the idea of a language police. People are gonna say what they wanna say. It's not a pleasant thing to be called a ******, that's what makes it an insult, but if people are getting heated and start slinging out insults, they're going to say all sorts of unpleasant things and ****** is merely one option amongst a variety of insults. Saying "don't say this one" seems kind of arbitrary in that regard when it's just as insulting to be called a thirsty ****boy, a piece of ****, or a whiny ***** and nobody ever moves to ban those words from casual language.

:186:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Isn't it less about the word as an insult, and more about the word itself as it originally refers to actual disabled people? I'd imagine J would be just as unhappy with you saying, "Ryker, are you stupid, or are you just actually mentally handicapped?" It's in the same vein as the 90's habit of calling people 'gay' as an insult, which I think we can all agree was ********.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Hey everyone. I just have a little spiel that I feel needs to be said because it becoming a bigger and bigger concern of mine for DGames posters. I understand that we all get heated at times and that this room is very liberal on censor dodging, but we really need to stop saying the "r" word because it is a terrible word to use and not even correct to say. It's been a common problem for years here, but times have changed.

I've been finding it a problem for a while and I am actually going to be starting a petition to get the word on the censor'd list because everywhere else you go in modern society, that word is heavily frowned upon as an incredibly negative and oppresive word.

I dislike having to post something like this, but let's move past out-dated/offensive words to describe people's actions. The "r" word is something that truly not needed and I'm not going to lecture/preach past this point. I just wanted to bring this to ya'lls attention and I will be watching posts more carefully with that word strewn about them.
I mean people always used to call my actions Raketarded and you don't here me saying anything about that and it was literally directed at me to describe me or something I did. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating saying something like "Hey X, you fooking "r" shape up your **** or I'll lynch you" But there's a definite difference to me to be saying " Hey X, Vigging someone on a gut feeling in mylo sure was "r".

I mean I don't take anything on this site personally cause everyone here really just loves each other despite what they might say about it, but outside the game of mafia we're like a family.

It's just like it is out in the country here, the more someone pokes fun at you or jabs you jokingly the more they like and respect you. I literally delivered to a place that spent the entire time joking about the size of the box I was delivering (making sexual jokes cause you know, box) and the guy literally took a shot at his female coworker saying you could drive a Mack truck into that box and she just smiled and laughed and told him that it was too bad for him that all the girls knew all he was sitting on was a chevy s-10 hybrid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom