• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Eh, I don't really care tbh. I just think that giving it to me would be a complete waste so if Bardull actually spends money on it he should do it for somebody who can use it.

:059:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It's not a big deal, just a small prize for entering the game.

We all know Gheb wants Marth in the background of all of his posts anyways. :awesome:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Has anyone ever been browsing DGames or a mafia game and then someone sits next to you in class or somewhere in public and you get the feeling they are about to tell you they play mafia on this site?

Like I have had multiple excited moments thinking that someone from DGames is actually at my school or something and I just thought I'd share that.

(I'm usually disappointed most the time, but(!) I got someone's number assuming they were of DGames so thanks Dgames for that haha)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Still in senior year of high school so I know everyone and know that they don't play Mafia in the Land of DGamesia, so I've yet to have that feeling.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Has anyone ever been browsing DGames or a mafia game and then someone sits next to you in class or somewhere in public and you get the feeling they are about to tell you they play mafia on this site?

Like I have had multiple excited moments thinking that someone from DGames is actually at my school or something and I just thought I'd share that.

(I'm usually disappointed most the time, but(!) I got someone's number assuming they were of DGames so thanks Dgames for that haha)
No but once at work I was reading Bardull's game and then a coworker asked me what the hecky I was reading.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I've had to explain why I am posting gossip girl .gifs or video game .gifs.

I've gotten used to it, but being able to say "I'm a theatre major" just helps so much.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I've had to explain why I am posting gossip girl .gifs or video game .gifs.

I've gotten used to it, but being able to say "I'm a theatre major" just helps so much.
Because people automatically assume you're gay?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

I have a ton of smash players on my campus, but literally none of them have heard of mafia and they never go on smashboards. RIP the dream.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Because people automatically assume you're gay?

Have you seen some of the .gifs I've posted haha? People usually don't know what I am which is part of the fun. (Being Bi is an amazing thing)

I have a ton of smash players on my campus, but literally none of them have heard of mafia and they never go on smashboards. RIP the dream.
Such sadness, I know the feel.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So ya boi took a game off ZeRo at Big House, Robin vs. Sheik.

After that, beat Shofu (Fox) and KingJames (D3) before losing to Static Manny (Sonic) 0-2.

Got 33rd, super happy about it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
holy crap, this place really did die a lot in the last couple years. I'm the saddest panda in the world and now wonder if my awesome REDACTED even happen :(

BarDulL

Town Vampire
holy crap, this place really did die a lot in the last couple years. I'm the saddest panda in the world and now wonder if my awesome REDACTED even happen :(
Weekends are pretty slow. Plus, the majority of us have become cynical old men lost in the limbo of DGames social.

Just kidding. There's been a lot more activity here than in recent months tbh.

SO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, HUH?

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Things picked up significantly after Revival of DGames. It helped revive DGames.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
do you use this phrase in real life? I can't imagine it gets a good reception.

Since you were wondering, I'm still of the opinion that dgames is dead. My being cynical in this regard is not news.
No, I only use it when I know it is going to tickle your jimmies specifically. :awesome:

I don't think DGames is dead at all, personally. I don't think stating that it's dead would help though at this point in time even if it hypothetically were dead. That's just me though.

After seeing my game and Gheb's game go over 60 pages, I'm inclined to say that we're in good shape for the time being. Also, J's game filled up and Ryker's game is on the verge of filling.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
No, I only use it when I know it is going to tickle your jimmies specifically. :awesome:

I don't think DGames is dead at all, personally. I don't think stating that it's dead would help though at this point in time even if it hypothetically were dead. That's just me though.

After seeing my game and Gheb's game go over 60 pages, I'm inclined to say that we're in good shape for the time being. Also, J's game filled up and Ryker's game is on the verge of filling.
(And Kingmaker PMs are out, so that's about to start.)

I wasn't here for the golden days of DGames, but I'd say that having 2-3 games at a time is a good, healthy rate. In addition, Gheb's game had lots of new DGamers.

Maven89

Smash Master
User was warned for this post
Don't worry Kary, all negative emotions can turn to positive ones through the *redacted*

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I feel in this situation that expressing my opinion of you as a person would only further your desire to continue being that person in certain regards and so I have decided to just try and move on.

One man's trash, so to say. Not that I think dgames is trash, just this is apparently the idiom that suitably describes this phenomenon.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Dgames is beginning to fluxuate in a positive light lately with the games being lengthy/healthy, there is a flow of new players to the community, and new games have been constant. I would say we are doing much better than we had been in the past year just with the way things have been since August. I am very happy in that regard that the community is still being able to remain afloat and prosper.

There are many things that attribute to this, but so far let's keep the steam going!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Woah! 8 social forum posts in the past hour! This must be a record or something!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Things aren't like they used to be gosh darn it! Back in my day, oh, the the games that filled. You'd barely believe them! They were as big as a horse and twice as fast. That was the real stuff, I tell you. Why, this one time...
...and that was just Day 1!
I tell you they don't make them like that anymore. This whole subforum's going down the drain I tell you. Blah blah blah. Blah.

Get off my porch!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
i've seen maven's avatar about .... 15 times today, and at least a handful of times in these years I disappeared

and I only just now realized there's a man wearing the dead bear in it. i thought that bear was just making an O face or something this whole time

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru

being canadian and living in the forest, this never happens to me

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
i've seen maven's avatar about .... 15 times today, and at least a handful of times in these years I disappeared

and I only just now realized there's a man wearing the dead bear in it. i thought that bear was just making an O face or something this whole time
dude its from the jerimiah johnson movie the mountain man. that guy literally lives in the american rockies and hunts bears. When the main charecter runs into him, its when he's stalking a brown bear and jeremiah is busy eating rabbit meat. Jeremiah chills with the guy and he teaches him about life in the wild before fighting a bear, and then skinning it and making jeremiah a bear skin coat to stay warm with

Top Bottom