• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Rajam

Smash Champion
Got 3DS along with FE Awakening and Bravely Default. Remember guys that if I ever get bored, it'll be your fault

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
thanks for the perma point ruy, you're really doing well at fulfilling your civic duty to keep smashboards safe with absolutely zero incentive behind it. the ladies must think you're a REALLY swell guy :)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Perma-points are assigned for amassing a certain number of infractions in a small time-frame.

You have nobody to blame but yourself, don't blame Ruy for doing his job.

#HBC | Gorf

a simple google search said:
a paid position of regular employment.
>mfw job

what im butthurt about is ruy feeling SO compelled to sweep up even more shop after you already moderated the situation. fmpov its either abuse of power cuz of some massively unwarranted offense, or a case of some dude feeling like he's ****ing batman, an unpaid vigilante sitting behind a computer screen wiping the city of Smashboards clean of crime. which is ****ing sad and i feel sorry for ruy if that's the case.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If you think getting a perma infraction point is the same thing as getting beaten by the police, then maybe you need to spend some more time off the internet.

#HBC | Gorf

If you think getting a perma infraction point is the same thing as getting beaten by the police, then maybe you need to spend some more time off the internet.
if you think moderating a forum is like policing a city, then maybe you need to spend some more time off the internet. if you think moderating IS A JOB, you need to spend some more time off the internet. IF YOU ARE A PROUD FORUM MODERATOR, YOU NEED TO SPEND SOME MORE ****ING TIME OFF THE INTERNET.

...but let's not go there.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
if you think moderating a forum is like policing a city, then maybe you need to spend some more time off the internet. if you think moderating IS A JOB, you need to spend some more time off the internet. IF YOU ARE A PROUD FORUM MODERATOR, YOU NEED TO SPEND SOME MORE ****ING TIME OFF THE INTERNET.

...but let's not go there.
I'm not the crazy person who compared moderating a forum to policing a city. That was you.

#HBC | Gorf

no you must be mistaken. policing a city earns one a paycheck. i know for a fact that there's no comparison cuz the police are trying to make a living. you're the one that said you're okay with me getting a perma point cuz of my rule breaking. my perma resulted in an abuse of fake power (read: 3 point infraction for a situation i was already infracted for). that is a situation of one in a position of (albeit fake) power exerting it over one without such (albeit fake) power. that's where the correlation is made.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If you knew that there's no comparison, then why did you compare getting an infraction to getting beaten by the police? You're comparing a moderator's "abuse of power", to a police officer's abuse of power, while simultaneously proclaiming that there is no comparison to be made.

You should also understand that if ruy's power is, indeed fake, then his abuse of it is also fake. Nothing has happened to you.

#HBC | Gorf

are you talking to gorf or cameron? gorf is a fictional entity that cameron manifests in order to play mafia on a website with other fictional entities. cameron is completely unaffected by getting a perma point because cameron's life has purpose. cameron also feels genuine pity when he observes those who blur the line between what is on the internet and what is real. gorf feels brutalized by police because gorf can't be arrested. cameron merely acknowledges the correlation. joker being able to understand the difference tells cameron that the person operating joker understands the difference between what is fake and what is real.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
>mfw job

what im butthurt about is ruy feeling SO compelled to sweep up even more shop after you already moderated the situation. fmpov its either abuse of power cuz of some massively unwarranted offense, or a case of some dude feeling like he's ****ing batman, an unpaid vigilante sitting behind a computer screen wiping the city of Smashboards clean of crime. which is ****ing sad and i feel sorry for ruy if that's the case.
Uhhh no?

I infracted you when you posted about what you did in your pants then I was pointed out you censor dodged and infracted that as well. Permapoints are automatic.

I'd rather not infract or ban anyone, I do it when someones posting something that is against that long list of words you checked off and agreed to when you originally signed up.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
just found out that walter dean myers is dead. if you lived in NJ you mighta had to read one of his books for summer reading in highschool. RIP ma dude

also just found out that some dude i kicked it with in El Salvador is dead. **** feels mad weird to think about. homie was a dealer (def hooked me up with some cheap bud while i was there) so I'm thinking his death mighta been related to his line of work, sucks... it's kinda bittersweet tho, cuz on one hand i knew the dude and he was chill but on the other hand i flirted with his girl hardbody and so now if i ever got back to el salvador she's available.... lol nah jk, that's some grimy ****

#HBC | Gorf

perma points aren't automatic, they are assigned when mods assign x amount of points in a certain amount of time iirc. that's not automatic.

Uhhh no?

I infracted you when you posted about what you did in your pants then I was pointed out you censor dodged and infracted that as well. Permapoints are automatic.

I'd rather not infract or ban anyone, I do it when someones posting something that is against that long list of words you checked off and agreed to when you originally signed up.
i expect to see a 1 point infraction on every single censor dodge from now until this site's closing. also, off topic, but why doesn't the site just patch the ways that members censor dodge? idk anything about coding but i can't imagine it being hard.

And here I thought I was a real person
sorry homie :c

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i expect to see a 1 point infraction on every single censor dodge from now until this site's closing. also, off topic, but why doesn't the site just patch the ways that members censor dodge? idk anything about coding but i can't imagine it being hard.
easier said then done, esp if you wanna avoid false positives.

****s mad work, you have to figure out all the different ways ppl censor dodge (with different characters that looks like a certain letter, making a letter a different color, size, etc) and then you have to write explicit checks for each specific type of censor dodging and do it in a way that doesn't introduce issues elsewhere.

automating that **** is a lot of work - especially for a cause that is really ****ing pointless. it's much better if you can get a bunch of unpaid 'volunteers' to waste their own time looking for and editing each individual dodge

Last edited:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
just found out that walter dean myers is dead. if you lived in NJ you mighta had to read one of his books for summer reading in highschool. RIP ma dude
this reminded me that shel silverstein is dead

=[

that dude was the illest, here is a poem he wrote on drogas

- - -
Dat Perfect High
The homie Shel Silverstein said:
The Perfect High

There once was a boy named Gimme-Some-Roy... He was nothin' like me or you,
'cause laying back and getting high was all he cared to do.

As a kid, he sat in the cellar...sniffing airplane glue. And then he smoked banana peels, when that was the thing to do. He tried aspirin in Coca-Cola, he breathed helium on the sly, and his life became an endless search to find the perfect high.

But grass just made him wanna lay back and eat chocolate-chip pizza all night,
and the great things he wrote when he was stoned looked like **** in the morning light.
Speed made him wanna rap all day, reds laid him too far back, Cocaine-Rose was sweet to his nose, but the price nearly broke his back.

He tried PCP, he tried THC, but they never quite did the trick. Poppers nearly blew his heart, mushrooms made him sick. Acid made him see the light, but he couldn't remember it long. Hash was a little too weak, and smack was a lot too strong. Quaaludes made him stumble, booze just made him cry, Then he heard of a cat named Baba Fats who knew of the perfect high.

Now, Baba Fats was a hermit cat...lived high up in Nepal, High on a craggy mountain top, up a sheer and icy wall. "Well, hell!" says Roy, "I'm a healthy boy, and I'll crawl or climb or fly,
Till I find that guru who'll give me the clue as to what's the perfect high."

So out and off goes Gimme-Some-Roy, to the land that knows no time, Up a trail no man could conquer, to a cliff no man could climb. For fourteen years he climbed that cliff...back down again he'd slide . . .
He'd sit and cry, then climb some more, pursuing the perfect high.

Grinding his teeth, coughing blood, aching and shaking and weak, Starving and sore, bleeding and tore, he reaches the mountain peak. And his eyes blink red like a snow-blind wolf, and he snarls the snarl of a rat,
As there in repose, and wearing no clothes, sits the god-like Baba Fats.

"What's happenin', Fats?" says Roy with joy, "I've come to state my biz . . .
I hear you're hip to the perfect trip... Please tell me what it is. "For you can see," says Roy to he, "I'm about to die, So for my last ride, tell me, how can I achieve the perfect high?"

"Well, dog my cats!" says Baba Fats. "Another burned out soul, Who's lookin' for an alchemist to turn his trip to gold. It isn't in a dealer's stash, or on a druggist's shelf... Son, if you would find the perfect high, find it in yourself."

"Why, you jive mother-******!" says Roy, "I climbed through rain and sleet,
I froze three fingers off my hands, and four toes off my feet! I braved the lair of the polar bear, I've tasted the maggot's kiss. Now, you tell me the high is in myself? What kinda **** is this?

My ears, before they froze off," says Roy, "had heard all kindsa crap; But I didn't climb for fourteen years to hear your sophomore rap. And I didn't climb up here to hear that the high is on the natch, So you tell me where the real stuff is, or I'll kill your guru ass!"

"Okay...okay," says Baba Fats, "You're forcin' it outta me... There is a land beyond the sun that's known as Zabolee. A wretched land of stone and sand, where snakes and buzzards scream, And in this devil's garden blooms the mystic Tzutzu tree.

Now, once every ten years it blooms one flower, as white as the Key West sky,
And he who eats of the Tzutzu flower shall know the perfect high. For the rush comes on like a tidal wave...hits like the blazin' sun. And the high? It lasts forever, and the down don't never come.

But, Zabolee Land is ruled by a giant, who stands twelve cubits high, And with eyes of red in his hundred heads, he awaits the passer-by. And you must slay the red-eyed giant, and swim the river of slime, Where the mucous beasts await to feast on those who journey by. And if you slay the giant and beasts, and swim the slimy sea, There's a blood-drinking witch who sharpens her teeth as she guards the Tzutzu tree."

"Well, to hell with your witches and giants," says Roy, "To hell with the beasts of the sea--
Why, as long as the Tzutzu flower still blooms, hope still blooms for me."
And with tears of joy in his sun-blind eyes, he slips the guru a five, And crawls back down the mountainside, pursuing the perfect high.

"Well, that is that," says Baba Fats, sitting back down on his stone, Facing another thousand years of talking to God, alone. "Yes, Lord, it's always the same...old men or bright-eyed youth... It's always easier to sell 'em some **** than it is to tell them the truth."

Shel Silverstein

Last edited:
Top Bottom