• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Archive & MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
1. You can win MVP if your faction lost sometimes. Usually, however, it's gonna be going to the MVP of the winning faction, for obvious reasons.

2. There is usually one MVP per game. There will be occasional exceptions.

3. Adventure Games have MVPs as well and it counts toward your dice.

4. With hydra MVPs only the hydra account will win the dice.

5. Winning a mafia game as scum can get you an MVP. Dunno why it wouldn't.

6. Games played in other areas (LoD, the BRoom, BBR) don't count toward dice. The reason being that this is supposed to entice people to play Decisive Games and stuff.

7. MVPs are chosen by the mod(s) of the game (with review to prevent biased picks).

8. The list is incomplete. The mods are working on it gradually. Be patient.

pm sent to mods said:
Hello bro,

In order to promote activity and the competitive spirit of Decisive Games, we are in the process of creating an MVP system. Our first hope is to go through past games and decide on the MVP for all old games to have listed in the Decisive Games Archive thread.

A small panel including the Decisive Games moderators have begun evaluating all of the past games. In addition, we would like the Game Moderators who hosted Mafia games to give their own input on the MVP for games they host.

Any player, regardless of their win or loss in the game, is eligible to be MVP, though it's ideal that the MVP is on the winning side. Of course, excellent play on the losing side can be rewarded as well, as this is not the only factor to consider when looking for MVPs. In addition, there is no set number of MVP players for a game. For example, a game could have 0 MVPs, 1 MVP, 2 MVPs, or more even. Generally whoever played a great game should be considered.

that said who do you believe to be the mvp(s) for [insert theme here] mafia?

/brofist

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
MVPs
[collapse=Golden Dice(MVP++)]
Eor
Tom
mentosman8
frozenflame751
marshy
KevinM
Macman
Ronike
Xiivi
Rockin
Cello_Marl
Evil Eye
Ryker
Gheb_01
Mayling
Chuckie
Swiss
Chaco
Chibosempai
Omni
adumbrodeus
X1-12
Zεη
vanderzant
Overswarm
th3kuzinator
Tandora
Kataefi
J
July
Nabe
Circus
Sold2
ѕoup[/collapse]
[collapse=Red-dice(MVP)]
Duke/Wikipedia
Bahamut
spam_master
Mediocre
Matunas
junglefever
Kirby King
Handorin
Pierre the Scarecrow
Moronik
McFox
Clownbot
Sworddancer.
Dastrn
KEEKEE
Nicholas1024
Blue Yoshi
Roxy
Sir Bedevere
Dr. Riddler
Sue
cutter
Xastrn
Ranmaru
Radical Fiction
Fynal
Glyph
SangfroidWarrior
Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!!
Xonar
Sephiroths Masamune
Aggressive Mediation
Make it Rain!
BarDulL
Vult Redux
[/collapse]

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I checked the hosts' profile for that game and it didn't show up. I also advance-searched in Forum games and Decisive games for it, but still, no result.

I was able to find all of the other games using the methods, and I've been told that it was likely moved to the Rubbish Bin.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think Siciliy Mafia might of been moved to the Rubish bin, I'm not sure.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
It's a good list, Marshy. I have only one recommendation.

I think it might be a good idea to not list the town or mafia victories, or at least to put them in spoiler tags. For people who want to read the games fresh, it makes things difficult. And I know that a lot of the games name the winning side in the thread titles, but for the ones that don't, this would make it possible for people to read them without any preconceptions.

Also, I thought Drab's Dungeon Crawl game was pretty funny. I wouldn't mind seeing another one of those around here soon, although it might seem a bit out of place compared to other adventure games like The Fog and The Thing.

Believer

Smash Rookie
I just thought of something.
Maybe this could be a waiting room for people who aren't in a game, but would like to be in one next chance possible.
Or maybe there could be a separate thread for that?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
With that, some people would sign up before a game's thread was created, and not show up when it started, which would lead to a mess.

Then again, we don't have a mod to enforce any rules, so nothing will ever change here.

You could always sign up as a replacement until the next one was created, then just sign up for the next one as usual.

Medi: Is done.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Wow. I forgot about this.

Now I just need to actually update the thread.

Oh, and since Eor and Tom are mods now, can we please lock all the forum game threads and launch them into the sun? Then put this place on the index and everybody can be happy.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Wow. I forgot about this.

Now I just need to actually update the thread.

Oh, and since Eor and Tom are mods now, can we please lock all the forum game threads and launch them into the sun? Then put this place on the index and everybody can be happy.
As happy as it would make me to have more decisive gamers, there is a sea of regular forum gamers that would cause a riot.

We can pretty this thread up for you though, if you want. :bee:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
how often do different decisive games start up. Theres only like 2 or 3 active ones going on right now and they are all in progress. I wanna join one but I doubt someones gonna start one anytime soon.
does anyone think that they'll make one in the near future?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Finals have been happening for over a month now? >_>

Finals arnt even until next month.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
There's a lull because people suck and won't finish games

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
if seven people who arent playing The Mole or The Fog wanted to play a mafia game, it takes no large amount of time for me to host something like Tomafia 1.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
what's the difference between decayed and dead?

and it's nice to see my name on here.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Infection 2 isn't dead

You've just been in a dictatorship forever

D

Deleted member

I think it's time for another edit. You might want to add the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia in, it's already in progress.

D

Deleted member

Read through half of SSBMafia and so far, it's an enjoyable read. I need to look at it more tomorrow.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hahaha, you're talking about my role right?

The Jesus role was ****winbroken. If I had investigated any mafia other than the GF (Satan) we'd have won pretty much instantly. But yeah, luckily for the integrity of the game, I ended up having the personal misfortune of investigating Satan N1 and died with him lulz.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Hahaha, you're talking about my role right?

The Jesus role was ****winbroken. If I had investigated any mafia other than the GF (Satan) we'd have won pretty much instantly. But yeah, luckily for the integrity of the game, I ended up having the personal misfortune of investigating Satan N1 and died with him lulz.
After re-reading I screwed up in several other places too, including botching half a dozen vote counts, but yeah...yours was the biggie. xD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Lol, yeah, that was insane.

Frozen flame manages to die n1, even though no mafia targets him!

It would've worked, if it had forced a replacement and they don't get the original role PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom