• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
C'mon DFW where you at. Its like 2 seconds away from spring break and nobody has said anything about playing.
i don't live in plano but i'm ok with playing :D

i live in valley ranch which is abt 15-20min away from plano

edit: hey d'oh, my friend qpac (the fox player from the coppell tourney) came back from college. U wanna get together to play sometime?

gghhh3

Smash Apprentice
Because we are adults and don't have the luxury of spring break
Hit adultery, lose spring break.

i don't live in plano but i'm ok with playing :D

i live in valley ranch which is abt 15-20min away from plano

edit: hey d'oh, my friend qpac (the fox player from the coppell tourney) came back from college. U wanna get together to play sometime?
For sure. PM some more specifics and such, get this goin in a few days.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Nice title lololol

Hey guys, yall better come to EC2 in late April, I've got interest from 5 other states already, so it'd just look bad if people drove from Tuscon and yall didn't come up from Houston.

And whoever knows Darkrain and Doh, tell them theyd better come too.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hey everyone. I'm a player from Florida who's staying in Burleson right now with a good friend (I'm ranked 3rd in the state). I hear there's going to be a large smashfest tomorrow and I'd really like to attend, but I don't have a ride. Would anyone be able to pick me up if I gave them my information and some gas money? Thanks. I'll be riding with Dphat to Houston on Thursday for WHOBO, so if you're not able to do this I understand. But me and Dphat are teaming and really wanna practice dubs so please help me out if you can!

My number is 817-929-8110

OverLade

Smash Hero
No actually I play both Melee and Brawl. I just assumed that Melee players and Brawl players would all go to the same smashfests. If this isn't the case then I understand but I'd be just as happy playing Melee as I would brawl :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
LOL It's really like that? In Florida most a lot of Melee players play Brawl and vice versa... It helps keep both scenes alive lol.

To each their own though I guess.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
yeah. Someone in the Brawl scene said it was a good idea to drop Melee and purposely let it die. On top of that, most of the TO's that did both, dropped Melee in order to run Brawl more efficiently. This of course caused lots of backlash. :\

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Yo DFW Melee, we've settled on having our Austin Melee Tourney on April 23rd, and even have people from AZ coming (AXE, Silly Kyle, Tag$).

So basically some of yall better show up haha.

btw, thnx Sybawave pa ha, which title do you prefer, Endless Challenge 2 or Non-Stop Infinite Climax?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Up in Oklahoma were talking about continuing our second series, dedicated to Melee currently, but looking at expanding to other games. We want this to be an efficient and high attendance single day event.

Intimikill III (that would be second to Oh Snap which is at its 7th iteration)

I've got a discussion thread, and would love to get input from the region while we are in early planning stages.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299888

Also, anyone going to A.R.K. III?

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Just as a reminder: The UT Smash Club is regularly hosting Melee tournaments at its meetings. Out of city players are encouraged to attend. In fact, tomorrow's meeting is going to have 7 players from Houston. We're probably going to have another meeting in two weeks, and then two weeks after that we're hosting NSIC.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey (again) guys! A.R.K. III (NOW featuring Justin Wong, Fubarduck, Lil Majin, and many more great players!) is coming up THIS SATURDAY in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~150 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! Smashers are coming in from Oklahoma, Tennessee, Arkansas, and several more states to compete!

Note that our tournament is now sponsored by Game On Apparel, Shadaloo.eu, Borderland Games, Broken Tier, and the Bat Cave, which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

MT_

Smash Ace
Dallas, who is showing interest in coming to Austin for NSIC? We are making all this talk about "Reviving Texas Melee," but so far there has not even been a SINGLE post in this thread expressing any interest in Austin's attempt to get this revival off the ground. We're doing our best here, but our tournament can only be as successful as the quality and quantity of players that attend.

Looking at you, DoH! And also the rest of Dallas that have not made their presence known...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'd like to make it to NSIC, but I can't make things happen by myself since I don't have a car. DoH?

I really need to go show these new school peeps who the best roy in texas is.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Lol, your name actually came up during a smashfest yesterday Sethlon, Arizona makes a point that they're only state where the best players are low tier mains, so it'd be cool if you could come.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com

Mostly Texas Melee. You guys generally whine and complain about stuff and then flake out at the last minute. You say we're not doing enough to revive Melee and then you take 4 months to have a tournament. I'm sick of being everyone's mom and driving everywhere and teaching you basic things like common courtesy and how to navigate airfare. I'm sick of being mislead into big hyped up tournaments that end up being 12 people. I'm sick of the lack of creativity and multitude of johns coming from our sister cities (and within Dallas, christ)

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Hey man, Endless Challenge was a HUGE success (and if I remember correctly you're the one that skipped out at the last minute), we brought thought to be retired smashers out of hiding, and we had an enormous turn-out.
For NSIC we're (I'm) recruiting people from frikin ARIZONA.

So don't hatin on ATX, come to NSIC, you won't be disappointed.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
@Rohan, I think you are over-hyping a tournament that isn't guaranteed to have a large turnout (esp. from AZ). Show some humility and I think people will find it easier to take you seriously.

@DoH, I'm sorry you feel that way. When we discussed a Texas circuit, I thought we agreed from the beginning that Austin would host the first stop in March/April, which we have done more or less on schedule. As for the low turnout complaint, the Facebook event shows that most of the good players from Houston and Austin have committed to coming. If Dallas' best shows up, I will consider NSIC a success.

As for the comments about moming, common courtesy, and johning, I'm not sure where those are coming from. I was planning on hosting a successor to EC anyways, and it's not like we've needed a ton of pushing, if any, to do it.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I have been showing humility Edgar, I only didn't for that post cuz I felt Doh made some inaccurate claims. No one really expected EC to have a huge turn-out and look what happened, why should NSIC be any different? In other words, I had legit evidence to back up my statement, and it thus should be taken seriously.
Plus I've put A LOT of work into recruiting people for this, and I wanna see it rewarded.

I also feel like showing humility isn't gonna make people wanna come any more than me not. Aggressively advertising has actually been quite effective in stirring up people's interest (Arizona's best actually DOES want to come), its just matter of both travel and financial arrangements.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, we got sort of lucky with EC. Also, there's a difference between aggressive advertising and promising things we can't actually guarantee. DoH was just complaining about being misled about turnouts and you respond by saying that just cause EC had good turnout, NSIC will too. Don't get me wrong, stirring up OOS interest is great, but we'll just end up looking bad if you over-hype the tournament and it doesn't deliver all that you promised.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I do agree with that, I just felt like, I dunno, credit wasn't being given where it was due (not just speaking about myself, the club in general).

Top Bottom