• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Sethlon and I played through Ocarina of Time last night. Never let Sethlon handle the water temple by himself.

X.x
He got water-templed? lol Yeah, I remember the first time playing, it took me a while. Also, you should try beating OoT with 3 hearts and the initial amount of magic meter only. It's pretty fun. It's possible to do this with the other 3-D Zeldas, but not the 2-D ones.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Man the water temple is by far the most confusing temple ever. You have to have like perfect memory to beat that thing. I don't blame you Sethlon. That's funny you guys were playing N64, I was playing banjo tooie just yesterday. N64 is where it's at son!

S

Scathan

any of you ever try the master quest version of OoT? pretty good revamps of the dungeons.. in that one the forest temple is much more confusing than the water temple imo.. but hey at least you have that catchy forest temple music right?

and the only reason the water temple gets hard is if you forget something and need to back track. otherwise its pretty straightforward and you dont have to change the waterlevel too much

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I actually haven't gotten around to playing the master quest version. I've played all but Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks (DS versions, I need a DS), Minish Cap, and I've yet to beat the first Zelda (never finished the game) and Zelda II (I'm at the last crystal palace). I'm not even thinking about playing the cdi versions... eh. x_x

S

Scathan

I actually haven't gotten around to playing the master quest version. I've played all but Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks (DS versions, I need a DS), Minish Cap, and I've yet to beat the first Zelda (never finished the game) and Zelda II (I'm at the last crystal palace). I'm not even thinking about playing the cdi versions... eh. x_x
ive played and beaten all except the oracle games for the gbc and spirit tracks. zelda 1 is awesome.. zelda II was hard and i have to say i wasnt a fan of the sidescrolling. Phantom hourglass is probably one of my favorite zelda games to be honest. easily the best of all the gameboy ones.

But ya if you could get your hands on the masterquest version i would reccommend it. Dodongos cavern is much harder.. i would say lord jabu jabu is easier than the original though.

And yes i would also have to agree that the SNES zelda was one of the best ones.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
We were playing it on Brawl Masterpieces not N64. Spent like 3-4 hours doing 2 dungeons lol
You mean the 3 minute demos? How did you get it to give you unlimited time? And the game is on n64 so techincally you was playing n64 techincally.

Any of you ever try the master quest version of OoT?
Master quest is a joke. It's suppose to be harder when in fact it's actually easier. I've played through the whole thing. The levels were changed but, it seemed changed to be easier.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You mean the 3 minute demos? How did you get it to give you unlimited time? And the game is on n64 so techincally you was playing n64 techincally.
Technically my hands were holding a GCN controller, connected to a Wii, with the Brawl disc in it, and not playing the game off of the Wii menu Virtual Console games.

Like everything else, there is a Code that disables the trial time limits on MasterPiece games.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm a bit surprised that like for the trials, they wouldn't just put in "part" of the game. Like, maybe an hour's worth MAX of solid gameplay, and then limit you to 3-5 minutes instead of having the full game on there.

heytallman

CTALL
We were playing it on Brawl Masterpieces not N64. Spent like 3-4 hours doing 2 dungeons lol
Son I am disappoint.

No love for Link's Awakening? That was my first Zelda game, so it sticks with me the best. I've played all (save for spirit tracks) and beaten most (stopped at the final dungeon on a few of them for some reason), and Link's Awakening is my favorite. For a GB game, it's so deep.

I'm gonna get back to playing FFVII now.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
link to the past
best ever
forsaken or fogo you gots a link for unloadin on *****s?
I agree for the best 2D Zelda. Also, that game had one of the best items you could use like the medallions and rods. I always thought they should do a 3D re-make of A Link to the Past. =)

ive played and beaten all except the oracle games for the gbc and spirit tracks. zelda 1 is awesome.. zelda II was hard and i have to say i wasnt a fan of the sidescrolling. Phantom hourglass is probably one of my favorite zelda games to be honest. easily the best of all the gameboy ones.

But ya if you could get your hands on the masterquest version i would reccommend it. Dodongos cavern is much harder.. i would say lord jabu jabu is easier than the original though.

And yes i would also have to agree that the SNES zelda was one of the best ones.
I actually like the side-scrolling because of its uniqueness (I mean, its the only Zelda without hearts as a health indicator and you level up, like in a common rpg game), same way I like the time-based Majora's Mask. =)

Master quest is a joke. It's suppose to be harder when in fact it's actually easier. I've played through the whole thing. The levels were changed but, it seemed changed to be easier.
Really? Well, I've yet to decide this for myself when I get down to playing it. =)

lol

Good.
More Sonic for me.

@ICE: You can hack unlimited time on the Masterpieces.
More Zelda for me. =P

Technically my hands were holding a GCN controller, connected to a Wii, with the Brawl disc in it, and not playing the game off of the Wii menu Virtual Console games.

Like everything else, there is a Code that disables the trial time limits on MasterPiece games.
Dang, UTD Zac too good playing with different console parts.

Son I am disappoint.

No love for Link's Awakening? That was my first Zelda game, so it sticks with me the best. I've played all (save for spirit tracks) and beaten most (stopped at the final dungeon on a few of them for some reason), and Link's Awakening is my favorite. For a GB game, it's so deep.

I'm gonna get back to playing FFVII now.
Oh, there is much love for Link's Awakening. The ending was nice, and I love the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" song. It's also the first time an ocarina was mentioned before the debut of Ocarina of Time if I'm not mistaken. =D

Also, if anyone is interested here is the fanfilm of the Hero of Time: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbg25m_the-hero-of-time_shortfilms

It was ok overall, for being a fanfilm and all... and yeah, FYI, Link is left-handed. The fighting and the music were the best parts imo.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
the only reason the water temple gets hard is if you forget something and need to back track.
This's exactly what happened, lol. Forgot about the wall-bomb key and the arrow-eye room key, and I ended up having to go back and re-lower and then raise the water like 2-3 times, haha. ****in water temple.

Am I crazy for enjoying Zelda 2?

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I nominate that phoenix throw another smash fest sometime in the near future. with awestin invited, that way we can play more super mario world. twas fun being the last of the MO-HE-KANS.

Suspect

Smash Hero
foreskin

Anyways about Zelda, i never got into it but i did enjoy and beat Seasons.

Thats about it lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shuz, you don't understand. Unless you pour some strong stuff in my glasses and you ***** out and get some weak stuff, you aren't gonna beat me at that barring you being at least as strong as Andy to begin with.

Hell, I'll do my moves in rapid tandom for you while you can take your drinks slowly over time lol.

Esca

Smash Champion
I'm so high even when im comin down, i just met a girl she say she from the h town, i say my names drizzy and aint nobody reala, cup inside a cup smokin ghostfacekilla, i sent yo girl a message said i see her when i can, she sent me one back, but i aint neva read it cause ***** only ***** and i get it when i need it

HUUUUUHHHHHHHHh

drake is amazing. just saying.

SHUZ IM DOWN/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom