• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Devy(Ganon) vs Sago(Doc)

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
Devy
00:23 was a neat ko
01:06 was brilliant
01:10 nice edge-guard
02:04 fantastic
03:07 ops (almost looked like suicide)

Sago
00:05 first strike
You're mastered using the pills is all I can say

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I didn't see you try a single grab or f-tilt the entire game, and even if I missed an f-tilt, there were many circumstances when it could have been applied. The lack of grabbing needs to end, because it's a very strong tool in Ganon's arsenal.

I think you're relying on his aerials way too much. There was an excessive amount of nairs and dairs. While neither got you punished often, a knowledgeable doc will massacre you for these mistakes. I did see one point where a JC grab or fair would have been sufficient to tech chase but you nair'd and squandered your opportunity.

You also jumped into a lot of pills, simple solution, don't jump into them. I'm pretty sure both the jab and the f-tilt will stop them. ***************(CONFIRMATION PLEASE)***************
You can also retreat momentarily to avoid their trajectory.

So, seeing as how some people get offended by my critiques, here's a disclaimer: I know it was a friendly but if other people see this video and don't know these mistakes they might get the wrong impression.

Smash on ;)

Edit: On a side note, the way you played Ganon gave me the impression that you weren't really watching Doc but instead your own character. I could be wrong, but either way it's an important lesson everyone should be reminded of. Watch your opponent, not your character.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
This was a sorta old match, but now I actually use F-tilts, this match was when I secondaried Falcon and well Nairs go straight thru docs pills and I guess now that I look at it I shouldn't be using them as much.
Sago also dropped Doc for Sheik...eh.
Thanks for the help.

Magus420

Smash Master
Yeah, Falcon's n-air is far better for that because his n-air has a really long duration on both kicks and is out there nearly the whole time while Ganon's only hits for 2 frames per kick. Plus in version 1.0 the first kick on Ganon's doesn't even hit in front of him at all.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
hey Devy, i think you should clarify something.

do you post these vids for your benefit or ours?

do you just want advice? or do you think others will be inspired by your vids?

i ask because i saw you post one of your vids in the stickied Ganondorf Video Archive. and you really are not that good.

not bad. good enough to win some money at some small town tournaments even. but i just havent seen you do anything that most mediocre ganon's cant to.

but it seemed like everything was calculated and not instinctual... i dont know it was just sortta hard to watch for me.

if your just looking for advice then i profusely apologize for being rude...ish

the homosaurus rex

Smash Cadet
Being a Ganondorf fan, I have to say that you're at the point in Ganon play that I'd like to be. I have trouble l-canceling dair and I don't always l-cancel fair when I try (my timing still needs help).

Anyway, I may not be a great player, but it was a good match, I'm quite sure I would have lost.

Top Bottom