• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deven3000's Official Manhattan Smashfest Thread **Postponed**

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
I'm coming today, I should start telling you if i'll be coming or not when i'm about to leave your house so i wont have to post it here :0

KDesu

Smash Rookie
Glad to hear you're interested in attending my smashfest! However, this week has pretty much reached its cap... :\

You're more than welcome to attend next week!
Would it be okay for this coming Friday, then? Sorry to bother again.

KDesu

Smash Rookie
Yup! see you this friday.
I feel so annoying with all these technicalities and caveats. <.< Sorry to bother, but I checked the list and only saw my name there. Is it okay if I bring a friend of mine?

tc1

Smash Lord
I could come but im not to familiar with traveling on the ec how long of a drive is md to nyc?

Deven3000

MikeKirby Sucks
I feel so annoying with all these technicalities and caveats. <.< Sorry to bother, but I checked the list and only saw my name there. Is it okay if I bring a friend of mine?
Lol, it's fine. What is your friends name, so i can put him on the list.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
What? My family was invited to a party. I really didn't want to go but after a cutie sitting at my table caught my eye... Yeah.

Anyway, I'll be there next week and I'm staying extra late for my last fest of the season! =D
:phone:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
NYC was so ****ing amazing!

Wanted to meet ya guys yesterday but the fam booked the bus yesterday for 5 when I thought it was leaving around 8 :(

It was so much fun though, I'll definately try coming down there again, so many things I did and yet so many stuff I wanted to check out that I didnt get the chance to see.

I wish they had a uniqlo in FL. I bought so many one piece shirts lol

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
yea we arrived wednesday afternoon and left friday afternoon. We didn't really have time to play a few matches, probally could've went to the apple store and said Hi to me and chu but that was about it lol, we were definately rushing around.

We went to the empire state building,Niketown,apple store,the ferry that goes to see the statue of liberty, 9/11 memorial, uniqlo, times sqare, little italy, china town, central park, etc.

Only things we missed that we wanted to go to were house of hoops store, Coney island, the bronx/brooklyn.

We stayed at the Sun hotel during those days in chinatown.

Some things I wanted to do but couldnt manage to do were find some really good Chinatown shops. We looked awhile the 1st day there but we were also lost since it was our 1st day in NY. I regret not buying the fake sunglasses, thought I'd have time to go back to the shop but we were in a rush the last day in NY. Also I really needed some nice fresh shoes. I was a bit dissapointed that Niketown was more of a gallery of stuff rather than just a store full of shoes. What do you guys recommend as far as those two things are concerned? I know you can find really good nike shoes in NY but didnt seem to have luck finding it.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
DDD, you visited more places in NY than I have in my life... Hot damn!! Hahaha! I don't know much about NikeTown or sneakers in general so I'm not sure how to help you there. :ohwell:

Definetly go to Coney Island! It's super fun! Don't forget the Pokemon Center/Nintendo World! :bee:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, We went to rockefeller center/Nintendo world as well, that was our last stop b4 almost missing our bus back home.
I bought a MK plushie there, clearly he aint banned in NY xD

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
lawl your hotel was a couple of blocks from my home =P

When it comes to shoesss.... there's a lot of shops in soho. Forbidden planet is also a cool place to visit for people who like comics and manga and other... cool stuffsss. Never heard of uniqlo :scared:

Chinatown has a few cool places. Elizabeth center is really nice and across the street is some video game store called J and L. Other than that I can't say. You can buy food and bubble tea and stuff like that there. Deven would probably know more about it since he used to go there more often than me.

Glad you enjoyed your time in new york =P also bronx and brooklyn are pretty boooooring so you didn't miss much from not going there~

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hey guys, just a reminder that registration to the National SKTAR tourney in NJ ends on July 9th aka 2 weeks from today. Online Registration is mandatory and must be at http://www.sktar.com Players like DEHF, Glutonny, MikeHaze, Esam, and many other are already confirmed.

Also be sure to check out the latest trailer for it if you haven't done so already

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I has work Deven. =V

Ushio, tell me what is so boring about knowing that you might get shot everytime you turn a corner. Tell meh!!!

Coney Island!

Top Bottom