• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Deus de Animus] Presents: The Great Aether Open Tournament [WIFI] Sat. March 29th

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Deus de Animus Presents
The Great Aether Open Tournament

Because Deus de Animus is a large and prestigious organization, we ought to have a large and prestigious tournament, ne?

There will be two brackets: Ike and non-Ike. Each bracket will be composed of 32 contestants, making this a 64-person tournament in total.

If there are more than 64 participants, preliminary matches will be held. If there are less than 64, contestants will be able to enter both an Ike and a non-Ike character.

Depending on the number of entrants and the number of Ike players, such as if there is an obscene amount, the tournament may be re-organized, perhaps into a 128 or 256-person tournament.

Each 32-person bracket will be composed of a separate tournament, both of them double elimination.

After a winner from each bracket is decided, the loser's bracket will take place. And then, the winner of the Ike's loser bracket will fight the winner of the Ike's winner bracket. The winner of the non-Ike's loser bracket will fight the winner of the non-Ike's winner bracket.

Once the final champions have been decided, the final round will take place; the best Ike will fight the best non-Ike for the championship. The prize will be cash; there will be a cash prize for both the first and second place holders. I will pay the winner out of my own pocket, probably via Paypal. Everyone likes cash, right? =)

The projected tournament date is

Saturday, March 29

though it may change. The prize amount is undetermined as of yet, but it will be over $50. And let me repeat:

THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE WHATSOEVER.

The tournament will be over Wifi, and no johns will be accepted. Members of the Deus de Animus and people I know personally will be spectating and judging the matches.

UPDATE: The prize amount is confirmed to be

$59.99

at this time, so get those entries in!

UPDATE: WE WILL WORK AROUND ANY SMASH WARS MATCHES ON MARCH 30th. We are a flexible tournament and can work around your Smash Wars schedule.

Please sign up here if you are interested (lists will be expanded as they are filled):

Ike:

1. Zareidriel
2. DMStudios
3. spartan334
4. Kadet4
5. Torchik
6. Sethlon
7. Kirk
8. JSnake
9. fire wulf
10. Rok
11. reothepenguin
12. blue dragon
13. Mike Hawk
14. methinkso
15. Shirogitsune
16. Hellbeing
17. Devotion
18. Zink
19. Fe Lords
20. ChaosKnight
21. NY-Beast
22. Betaz
23. KosukeKGA
24. Kai Yui

Non-Ike:

1. verditude
2. SuperSmashKing009
3. Infi-tan
4. Pit Brawl
5. Weed
6. Crizthakidd
7. lonesoldier
8. Arias
9. paki11
10. NoNessNoProblem

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm in. I'd like to do both Ike and non Ike, if not enough people sign up, but if we have a lot, I'd just do Ike.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Hehehe! Sign me up, Zar! >.> Will I be a "spectator" or "judge"? Hehehehehe...I'm so excited! ^_^

Oh oh oh! Ummm, I'm doin the Ike bracket for sure, and the non-Ike bracket if there aren't enough peeps!

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
You gotta count me in for this. (Ike naturally)

Also is non-Ike section binding to a specific character, or can a person switch characters between rounds/matches/etc.
Just a lil thought.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Once you choose a character for the first round in the non-Ike, that character is locked. *nod*

Kirk

Smash Champion
Can we enter in both Ike and Non Ike?

If we can only enter one, I will go in the Ike tourny.

If we can do both, I'd like to be IceClimber for the non-Ike tourney also.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Looks like i have some problems with that Date... i am busy all day currently... and that also seems to be round three of the Gamestop tourney.

So currently.. i would like to but don't know if i will be able. Under Ike though

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have a chess t-ment that day but............ill skip it. Put me for ike zar. And ive got the same question as torchik, but it doesnt really matter, I just want to play.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Not sure how I'll set the judging up yet, but I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Gotcha all down. Those who signed up for Ike primarily and non-Ike only if there aren't enough, the non-Ike will be added at a later date, as long as there's still space available.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
sign me up for Ike, also i have a 40 hour a week job so my matches might be a little late.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
If you can sign up for both, I'll be Lucas in the non ike one. If I can only sign up for one then put me in the Ike one.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Gotcha all down, welcome to the Great Aether Open. =)

Haha, more Ikes than I expected.

Milln

Smash Champion
Is there a time? And this is WiFi? Cool.

I think i'll try my hand at Non-Ike, please.

(Wow, my March has turned into a very busy month)

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
March is going to be an extremely busy month for all of us. @_@

No time yet, but it should be daytime EST.

Milln

Smash Champion
Daytime eastern... hour ahead... hmm.. gotcha.

Earliest i'd be able to compete would be between four and six o'clock eastern time or if I have extra work, in which case ten o'clock pm. XD lawlawlawlawl retail sales.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
You're all on the list. =)

Man, Rok, I feel so completely obligated to do what you say that...I'm just gonna not do anything. Maybe if you asked nicely I'd feel more compelled to act nicely. =P

Top Bottom