• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Detailed Character Matchups *Under Construction*/Movesets/Training Guide

XACE-K

Smash Master
Hey Ike Boards...

After my long absence, I was looking through the Ike boards and noticed just how downhill they have gone.

I felt bad, especially when I read one of the better thread, saw the link to this thread, and saw a comment along the lines of "Probably one of the best match up guides, but sadly FishkeeperTimmay is long gone."

I won't lie, I played Marth all this time. I was trying to be tournament viable. True be told, I am. However, I'm not enjoying Brawl as much as I enjoyed Melee. I think its because I'm playing the character that I don't want to. I really WANT to be playing Ike.

So, just out of curiosity, who would like me to start playing Ike again seriously, revive this thread and add one more useful thread to this Forum?
If you want to play Ike again than go ahead. We do need a positive around here.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
heh, Timmay, i use Ike, and i go to tournies myself. Any character can be tourney viable, you just need to have really good mind games. Although you did great with your psychology thread in the Marth boards.

btw Ike has like....a few good match ups. So yea xD to win with Ike you got to be really really good.

I don't think you remember me anymore Ussi, you might remember me as Trebor-Nella? I was really, really active here 2-3 months ago? You still using Pikachu?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Fishkeeper. I have extensive knowledge about Olimar v Ike. Just pm me when you decide to write this part.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
LOL timmay I know your trebal, but your guide has the good match ups with a lot of bad ones lol. Yes I still use pikachu. I can't stay away from him. But Ike will always be my main. Also pikachu is an even match now. Pikachu's lack of range hinders him against ike lol.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
LOL timmay I know your trebal, but your guide has the good match ups with a lot of bad ones lol. Yes I still use pikachu. I can't stay away from him. But Ike will always be my main. Also pikachu is an even match now. Pikachu's lack of range hinders him against ike lol.
Thats good to hear, and yes, one of the main reasons I left Ike for so long was his matchups. They are pretty abysmal. Marth's are not. It was pretty easy decision from a tournament goers Point of View. However, I'm finding that I use Ike in any friendlies I play, so i figure I might as well give Ike another shot competitively.

I'm definitely considering revamping this guide. I have a lot of it saved to disk, so I could recover it fairly fast... I'm sure that most of the matchups haven't changed that much.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I would love it if you started playing Ike again. With you and Ussi this would be an even greater Ike guide than ever. Ussi is pretty much the match up guy now that you left. Your match up guide still influences my ideas on Ike.

I'd try and contribute as much as I can as well ofcourse but Ussi just goes crazy with things.

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
hey Ussi you still having some Wolf troubles?

Also I'm sorta new, but I know alot about some chars like Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Lucario and Wolf (I know I got a lot of mains =3). Ike is also one of my mains.

PM me or AIM (I added you is that alright?) if you want some discussions about Ike's chances of winning with these chars, which are pretty good because I analyzed their moves and styles with my friends.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
still having? I never said that aloud 0.o did I? I don't have trouble with wolf anymore.

I only have trouble with MK and Snake >_> I need to find a good Falco.

mazhaoshen

Smash Cadet
I play a decent Falco (my other main), the only thing is playing you on wi fi would be difficult since i can't time short hopped double lasers nearly as well due to lag.

Top Bottom