• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delicious Zelda Pie needs rating!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
****ing browser crashed. Here I go again:

Vs. ROB:

I'll comment on things that seem to be fundamental to your playstyle instead of particular matches.

You D-smash wayyyy too much. You decay the move needlessly and so you never really get a good distance with it.

You tend to stand still sometimes and just attack no one in particular hoping that East will approach. This got you punished every time.

You didn't d-tilt once. This is one of Zelda's best moves, especially for setting up Lightning Kick KOs. You are great at timing those, but you do them too early, making them predictable when you need to KO.
You're a smart player in general but you need to try a bit harder. Perhaps this is just because this was late, but you had little to no mindgames going for you. You need to mix things up. Jump away from him, run accross the stage, hang around the ledge, FW around the stage, send out some fake Dins, etc...

Your edgeguarding game is a little weak. You know what to do, to an extent, but not when and how to do it. You need to bait his recovery by SHADing or Din. Your spacing, which otherwise is quite good, needs more thought when you're edgeguarding. You stand in the wrong place. If you stand that close ROB has a lot of options for hitting you--you're an open target. If you ARE gonna stand that close, however, let it only because you're trying to spike ROB with zelda's thigh.

You aren't really that aggressive. You seem to fluctuate between agression and... not doing much regularly. Zelda CAN be an agressive edgeguarder, but it's important to know her limits. Don't stray too far from the edge, because Zelda can be easily gimped if she's in the wrong place at the long time.

(Lest I crash again, ill post this now and update it as I go.)

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
Aww, no one else? T_T

Thx for the pointers SinkingHigher, I am well aware of my overuse of dsmash - When I first picked up Zelda I noticed how good it was at clearing away people that had gotten too close, and got into the habit of using it that way instead of as a killer. I'm trying to supplant most of those dsmashes with dtilts now, I realize it's not much slower (only a few frames IIRC) so it should be a good substitute for when they are in front. It's a hard habit to break, but I'm working on it.

I should like to note that at the time I was playing on a Wavebird, and during the ROB match some guys (or perhaps me, by mistake) were messing with the channel dial, which stopped me from moving in a couple critical points. I didn't realize it at the time, or I would not have uploaded that particular vid -_-

I do need to work on edgeguarding more, I tend to get nervous off the edge because as you said it's a risky business with Zelda.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'll comment!

I like your Zelda! I feel you position her quite well, but there is excess rolling. I reckon tone down the rolling and starting baiting opponents with plenty of empty SHs into well spaced FSmashes and Dtilts and you're seriously good to go!

Don't forget the dtilt > buffered bair sweetspot on ROB. Situational, but could be handy ^^

Less dsmash. Save DSmash against Falco at around 100% to literally ruin his recovery. It's perfect!

Top Bottom