• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted........

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I could dissagree AND agree with this.

On the melee side you have great rest setups, and an amazing WoP.
On the brawl side you have this.

Idk, i'd rather go with more hitstun, but this is great to use in brawl.
So I dissagree with this being positive replacing melee's hitstun.....
And I agree with this being a great new tech in brawl.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I could dissagree AND agree with this.

On the melee side you have great rest setups, and an amazing WoP.
On the brawl side you have this.

Idk, i'd rather go with more hitstun, but this is great to use in brawl.
So I dissagree with this being positive replacing melee's hitstun.....
And I agree with this being a great new tech in brawl.
High hitstun is definitely better, but this is a compensation which I hope does a fair amount.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It improves the matchup for a lot...

If you can DI into Falco and KO, that just helped the Falco matchup.
I would assume you can DI into Marth during side-B (I didn't bother reading/memorizing the entire list I saw...) so that limits Marth's side-B options.

Doing this limits some char. options for your opponent, but once this gets well known / jigglypuff is more tournament reliable / people will avoid those moves at most costs.

Unless they are certain you can't rest them / they won't die.

illinialex24

Smash Hero

I would assume you can DI into Marth during side-B (I didn't bother reading/memorizing the entire list I saw...) so that limits Marth's side-B options.

Doing this limits some char. options for your opponent, but once this gets well known / jigglypuff is more tournament reliable / people will avoid those moves at most costs.

Yeah, but at the very least that helps her out. From what I found, but I didn't test Marth much, is that dancing blade isn't that easy but I believe you can screw with his down DB fairly easily.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord

We may be able to get jiggs to mid tier on the next list with more of these ATs.

**use the off stage rollout** xD JK its a horrible idea

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats pretty sick, ive been doing expirement like this with sonic but he doesnt have any super great punisher like that, that he can use out of it.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

I may be wrong, but I think Marth's DB actualy has some hitstun between hits. It's like impossible to DI out of, and Marth cannot Dolphin Slash out of the first hits (he can out of the final hit if the down variation is used) so I think has some. But I can't test well so IDK...

EDIT: Marth could DS out of moves before this.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
depending on the variation he uses you can DI out of dancing blade, and its not that hard...

@illinialex, or however you spell your name.
stop helping marth, marth dont need no GD help.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I may be wrong, but I think Marth's DB actualy has some hitstun between hits. It's like impossible to DI out of, so I think has some. But I can't test well so IDK...
Right but the down one has very little. Thats why I think that is the most punishable one, because it has the most DI ability out of it.

depending on the variation he uses you can DI out of dancing blade, and its not that hard...

Sorry if I'm a Jigglypuff main and Marth secondary.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

I'm talking about in between hits. I said that the down variation for the last hit was DI'able in my post.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

I'm talking about in between hits. I said that the down variation for the last hit was DI'able in my post.

Prejudice vs. Marth much?

EDIT: Sorry for double post. Stupid SWF... Stupid slow computer...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
The Dolphin slash thing has been knownf or aawhile. its a 1 frame move.

As for Sonic, nair and Uair are the best ones so far.
However they aren't as fast as the dolphin slash nor have the same knockback.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ok, then it is fairly unlikely. She is floatier though so it might still be possible. But if it does, then thats just another strike on a good player so that would be awesome.
My point is that if Marth's Up-B, which has invincibility frames, can't get out of it, than it probably has hitstun, and therefore Jiggs won't be able to Rest through it.

EDIT: Marth's DS is definitely not a 1 frame move. It hits on frame 5, but the first five frames are invincibility frames. I believe ZSS's Jab is the only 1 frame move in the game.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
My point is that if Marth's Up-B, which has invincibility frames, can't get out of it, than it probably has hitstun, and therefore Jiggs won't be able to Rest through it.

EDIT: Marth's DS is definitely not a 1 frame move. It hits on frame 5, but the first five frames are invincibility frames. I believe ZSS's Jab is the only 1 frame move in the game.
Rest is either frame 1 or 2, but either way it is quick.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sorry bout that SOLID didnt see that in your post.

and is it just me or does ZSSs jab stink.

i feel like i interrupt her jab with everything.

and not everyone has the resources to do frame testing

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Squirtle's jab1 comes out on frame 1 as well. Why do people always forget the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon?

From frame 1, Wolf also has an invincible move in his shine; he could have fun with the gimmick of "DI in and use an invincible special" too.

Veril

Frame Savant
I may be wrong, but I think Marth's DB actualy has some hitstun between hits. It's like impossible to DI out of, and Marth cannot Dolphin Slash out of the first hits (he can out of the final hit if the down variation is used) so I think has some. But I can't test well so IDK...

EDIT: Marth could DS out of moves before this.
The difference in character size and fall speed may alter the ability to SDI in relation to these moves. That said Dolphin Slash works very well as an interrupt, as does fox's/wolf's shine and Bowser's fortress.

You can rest out of DB. I've tested and confirmed this. End of discussion there.

Illianalex: please link to my thread and mountain of data. Thanks. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209708

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Squirtle's jab1 comes out on frame 1 as well. Why do people always forget the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon?

From frame 1, Wolf also has an invincible move in his shine; he could have fun with the gimmick of "DI in and use an invincible special" too.
That would be cool. Its not just useful for 1 character, but shes got the biggest risk reward difference for it.

Veril

Frame Savant
Fair enough... I really do have a small mountain of moves this works with. The ones I don't know about are marked "unconfirmed".

Anyway, the vid is really cool. I'm going to put it at the top of my thread.

Adapt

Smash Lord
ZSS can use Down-B to escape any of these moves because flipjump is invulnerable on frames 1-12. Unfortunately she can't really punish anyone with flipjump.

Her jab is 1 frame, but the jab combo is punishable by many characters.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
It appears MK's u-air comes out on frame 2, same as rest. is it possible with this?

These are aerials that come out on frame three:
Snake - D-air
Fox - Down-B
Marth - F-air
Diddy - U-air
MK - N-air
Pika - U-air
N-air
Yoshi - N-air
Peach N-air
Luigi - N-air
Mario - Up-B