• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
"I will be switching to funeral peach colours for mourning period for your tournament... "

This right here is what lost me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I got one friendly on stream recorded and three tournaments sets recorded. They are not up on youtube as of yet. So for now you can just check it out on the channel. I'll give you the time links as when I started playing

http://www.twitch.tv/freesaltines/b/596826974
Pretty much from the start of the stream till the set ends.

http://www.twitch.tv/freesaltines/b/596839653
Me Vs Olimar/Bowser Jr. at 13:48

Me Vs sheik: 1:10:00

Me Vs Ike: 02:16:00

HeeroOfTheSkys

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeeroOfTheSkys
Great matches DarkPeach. As someone who mains peach ur gameplay is very inspiring, ur movement is crazy gd.

That match against Sheik looked like it was hard. I feel like Peach struggles a lot against really fast characters especially Sheik

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
She can struggle yeah.

On faster characters I tend to punish with down tilts and smashes. Counter Throws and Jabs help along with fast startup attacks like FTilt and Utilt

My opinions might change on this over time. I have yet to fight too many fast characters at the moment since my friends and rivals are still early into getting in to play together with us.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Great matches DarkPeach. As someone who mains peach ur gameplay is very inspiring, ur movement is crazy gd.

That match against Sheik looked like it was hard. I feel like Peach struggles a lot against really fast characters especially Sheik
Thanks dude.

Sheik is a pain.......for now......

I took into account why I lost. For one thing. Sheik las little lag on her roll. I'm a player that punishes rolling habits hard when I see it. Thats the first thing I look for when facing someone. When I see it, I play to bait it and punish. When I got the reads I could not punish her for it. And kept trying with dash attacks. From now on, Im just gonnad follow it with safe nairs or grab her.

The next thing was I was playing a lil TOO patient. I could have approach more with jump turnip tosses to fast fall nairs. I'm safe on that and then go for a mix up/bait.

Last thing was I was not using short hoped bairs as quick spacing. Just kinda let her get her fairs and tilts on me with ease. Along with better edgeguards which i have been practicing on her.

So ever since the tournament I just been working on all of this. And I am gonna do this with each tourny I go too. Just gonna think about just what went wrong and work on fixing it. I don't see myself losing to this again. Next time this tourny is mine.

With that said I uploaded some more vids when I had a friend over. Sorry for the quality. My computer is in bad shape and I seriously need a new one.

Vs shulk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR3mvPgCqFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTDn4xOVTBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlhNUxy01a8

Vs Donkey Kong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEpdd7MLl30

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice

Thanks so much for this!!! i kept thinking where's dark.pch on the youtubes. I've barely had time to play this game on wiiu and still have no idea how to adapt to the new peach, but i sure as hell will try to imitate those shorthops/dash dances/ crazy spacings. I'm also gonna try pivoting everything, it's insane.
Man it'd be nice if we could have a more indepth look on how you space your Peach and what you do to keep her moving like that.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If you want I can make Peach tutorial vids on this like I was doing for brawl (granted this Damm PC lets me). I stopped the series cause smash 4 was on the way and the game was dieing .

HeeroOfTheSkys

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeeroOfTheSkys
That would be awesome d
If you want I can make Peach tutorial vids on this like I was doing for brawl (granted this Damm PC lets me). I stopped the series cause smash 4 was on the way and the game was dieing .
That would be awesome

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
So I said I was only gonna focus on one character + GW this time around but I actually guess I like peach too much to do that so I can officially consider her a character of mine.

So yeah I guess i'll be spending more time in this board then I thought. Sup guys.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
hi i like peach. i like doing melee techniques with peach in smash 4. i like doing brawl techniques with peach in smash 4 and looking cool while doing it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im currently helping out alou of peach players through skype so if u want help, send me a message with your skype.

LexAlexus

Smash Rookie
NNID
LexaLexus
3DS FC
2638-2003-2707
Hi all!

Just getting back into the swing of things in this SSB world. Looking forward to getting my Peach back to tournament levels (or close enough). Only play online on the 3ds...Wii U matches are too laggy for my tastes!

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
Thanks dude.

Sheik is a pain.......for now......

I took into account why I lost. For one thing. Sheik las little lag on her roll. I'm a player that punishes rolling habits hard when I see it. Thats the first thing I look for when facing someone. When I see it, I play to bait it and punish. When I got the reads I could not punish her for it. And kept trying with dash attacks. From now on, Im just gonnad follow it with safe nairs or grab her.

The next thing was I was playing a lil TOO patient. I could have approach more with jump turnip tosses to fast fall nairs. I'm safe on that and then go for a mix up/bait.

Last thing was I was not using short hoped bairs as quick spacing. Just kinda let her get her fairs and tilts on me with ease. Along with better edgeguards which i have been practicing on her.

So ever since the tournament I just been working on all of this. And I am gonna do this with each tourny I go too. Just gonna think about just what went wrong and work on fixing it. I don't see myself losing to this again. Next time this tourny is mine.

With that said I uploaded some more vids when I had a friend over. Sorry for the quality. My computer is in bad shape and I seriously need a new one.

Vs shulk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR3mvPgCqFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTDn4xOVTBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlhNUxy01a8

Vs Donkey Kong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEpdd7MLl30
dark.pch I feel you on sheik
she's the only character I've encountered who can seriously make matches tough
your gameplay against numbers's sheik exemplifies my struggles esp. with the fact that he SD'd in the beginning and still got back
she can rack up damage quickly on peach and monopolize her turnips and air movement with needles and her quick aerials
so I eagerly await your next recorded match against a sheik (that you destroy)

LexAlexus

Smash Rookie
NNID
LexaLexus
3DS FC
2638-2003-2707
Me vs a decent Sonic player. These faster characters can be such a pain, but I'm having fun learning!

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hi all!

Just getting back into the swing of things in this SSB world. Looking forward to getting my Peach back to tournament levels (or close enough). Only play online on the 3ds...Wii U matches are too laggy for my tastes!
Hello. Just Practice anyway u can and always try to fix mistakes you make. Its also good to play those who can beat you alot. They will punish your habits more then someone who can not beat you. That lets you see what you are doing wrong and how to fix it.

your gameplay against numbers's sheik exemplifies my struggles esp. with the fact that he SD'd in the beginning and still got back
she can rack up damage quickly on peach and monopolize her turnips and air movement with needles and her quick aerials
We will see what happens

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hi all!

Hello. Just Practice anyway u can and always try to fix mistakes you make. Its also good to play those who can beat you alot. They will punish your habits more then someone who can not beat you. That lets you see what you are doing wrong and how to fix it.

We will see what happens

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
haven't peached for a while. trying out duck hunt for now. it's vacation time, my money match sparring partner is not around so I'll play around DH for a while. but yeah, I need to lab peach more before the break ends.

uncle peach, twould be nice to have those tutorial vids you're planning!

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I just picked up Peach, having a blast with her. How often do you guys use Toad?
Not often - generally only once per match. Compared to other counters in the game, your timing needs to be tighter than normal, and the reward is... still OK in its own right, but fairly unspectacular compared to other counters.

The fact that the counter frames don't start until frame 11, coupled with 31 frames of cooldown, limits its uses enormously tbh.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
I just picked up Peach, having a blast with her. How often do you guys use Toad?
I just started using toad for edgeguards. I made a thread about it where there are a couple videos if you want.

It also has very situational uses in certain matchups I feel. For instance against villager, they'll often send out lloids and follow up with something, but you can Toad the lloid and snuff the follow up.

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
@ Airgemini Airgemini since im quitting smash can you please shut down this thread and let someone else open one. Its just not right. I got my friend @ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl to make one. good bye smash community

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom