• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DEDICATED MELEE CREW BATTLES!! caps

Pi

Smash Hero
Srsly someone needs to make a tourney where we ONLY do crews, and they're not just a side event. Every tournament there are hopes of crews and more often than not hopes and dreams are shattered as it nears or passes midnight without singles ending and no hope of crews T.T

so someone!
step up to the plate
and hold a dedicated crew battle tournament!!

draft crews, already formed crews, whatever, let's do this ish

Finch

Smash Lord
The only reason crews don't happen very often is because people don't care about them as much. If you really want to do crews at every tournament you go to, then hype them up and organize them yourself so that right after singles ends people are excited and ready to start crews.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I've never been in a real crew battle...

There was this one time at a Smashfest a long time ago, but that was it

Oh, and the ****ty one before TO5 that no one cared about and I got scraped against a wall by Uuaa

PB&J

Smash Hero
great idea..crews are always more fun than the tourny itself..well atleast to me so we should have like 10 dollar a person or something for the prize for the 1st place crew gets alot

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
the prize should be like, everyone on a crew bets 5-10 bucks. and if they win, they get 5-10 bucks.
or reapportioned based on the effort you put in for your crew

Pi

Smash Hero
meh i was juss thinkin basically like how teams are paid for on a larger scale
5-10$ per perason
payout to #1 crew

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Gainesville will take absolutely all comers.

EDIT: and the reason crews aren't usually hype is because we're just playing each other. I was talking to Qdvs once about it and he said "Draft crews aren't that exciting. After I'm done playing, I just go play friendlies. Otherwise I'd be rooting FOR my friends AGAINST my other friends. There's not as much pride as Regional Crews."

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Gainesville will take absolutely all comers.

EDIT: and the reason crews aren't usually hype is because we're just playing each other. I was talking to Qdvs once about it and he said "Draft crews aren't that exciting. After I'm done playing, I just go play friendlies. Otherwise I'd be rooting FOR my friends AGAINST my other friends. There's not as much pride as Regional Crews."
Agreed. I think the only way to do crew battles for cash is to have at least 4 crews enter and do a round robin or something to determine the winner. Rules would look something like...

X players or w/e for each crew (i think 4-7 is a nice number of players)
Stage decided by normal crew rules.
Each crew battle will be a separate event. Final Stock Count determines the winner during a tie for placings.

And if some crew have more than others, no prob. if you have crews of 4, 4, 7, 7, you can just take the top 4 from the 7's when they play the 4's. Determining those 4 is up to the crew.

And if you have a situation like: 4,4,4,7, you don't enter the other 3 of the 7. OR a cooler idea: make it so you MUST use EACH member at least once during the tourney.

other ideas?

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I have a giant ****in' tv at my house. Crew battles are best done one at a time, with all the other players watching.

Now, if there were only some way I could put these two things together into an idea.

Top Bottom