• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede's worst stages?

JST

Smash Apprentice
I've recently started practicing in counterpick/stages that might be bad for DDD stages because when I practice with my friend we usually only play neutrals (And I need the practice). I suppose any stage where DDD can't CG much would be considered rather disadvantageous for him so I've taken to playing in Rainbow Cruise, Norfair, Jungle Japes and the like. I'm finding that many stages actually aren't too bad for DDD as long as the DDD can adapt. For example, I'm beginning to think that Rainbow Cruise is a really good stage for DDD (Maybe even against MK - I always play against my friend's MK, especially on this stage). However, there a few stages that are just outright bad. Luigi's Mansion, DDD will get his face combo'd off in that stage. Norfair is really bad when you're facing MK :p, and against everyone else it forces you to play a really good aerial game. And on Jungle Japes, DDD has a very hard time killing if the opponent is elusive (curse you, Wario. D: )

Any of the other stages considered bad/disadvantageous for DDD? And why?

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i find that the moving stage on lylat is quite annoying, my best counterpick would be green greens

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I really dislike playing Lylat Cruise, due to the plataform placing and their height, also the stage tilting does not suit F-tilt and sometimes waddle throw... D:

I really like to play snakes (Grenade/C4 based) on Rainbow Cruise... And about MetaKnight on that stage I really find it hard in ther since the part after the boat sinks, the plataforms become pretty much a playgrond for metaknight for him to Shuttle Loop his way up d@_@b...

and going at it generally, I avoid playing on small stages with him... putting aside CG-profit, it's more about playing against overly agressive chars d >_>b... Marth, Peach, Wario...

Given that D3 is a big target on a small stage...

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, Norfair is D3's worst stage. Not only does his large size and relatively slow maneuverability cause him to get hit and knocked around a bit by the side-wall lava waves, but also it's extremely easy for a faster character like Falco, MK, Pika, or Fox to keep D3 out of the safety capsule that protects players from the KO wave of lava.

Basically, you have a good chance of dying from the environment every 3 minutes or so. I am still baffled as to why Norfair wasn't banned in the first place. :/

JST

Smash Apprentice
i find that the moving stage on lylat is quite annoying, my best counterpick would be green greens
Yeah Lylat is annoying, regardless of the character I use lol. Green Greens would seem like an odd counterpick. There's literally no room for DDD to maneuver and it would be easy for the opponent to smack DDD around silly. DDD's only advantage here would be laughably easy kills (And deaths), and pressuring the opponent with the notion of the infinite.

In my opinion, Norfair is D3's worst stage. Not only does his large size and relatively slow maneuverability cause him to get hit and knocked around a bit by the side-wall lava waves, but also it's extremely easy for a faster character like Falco, MK, Pika, or Fox to keep D3 out of the safety capsule that protects players from the KO wave of lava.

Basically, you have a good chance of dying from the environment every 3 minutes or so. I am still baffled as to why Norfair wasn't banned in the first place. :/
Yeah definitely his worst stage, but only when facing fast characters imo. Fortunately DDD is very good at keeping faster characters out of his comfort zone (It's just that he's ****ed when they get a good hit in). I play my bud's MK and Wario on this stage a lot, and you just gotta learn to love the Dair. :laugh: It's really good at stopping fast characters.

As for the lava, I never have THAT much of a problem with the lava. The only time I ever really get hit by it is if I get knocked into it or if I do something stupid. Also, avoiding the KO wave of lava is really, really easy. You could just grab/re-grab a nearby ledge to gain short invincibility for the duration of the wave, you could airdodge, and IIRC you could even just shield the whole thing.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
if you are in slot 4, you can back throw into the bombs on green greens and take no knock back, sometimes the bombs and blocks will also spike them

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
75m
Lmao.

Anything thats not flat. On platforms you can still ****, but can easily fail due to being so big.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
any large stage with stage items getting in the way i find very annoying.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
*bumps*

Thought I'd revive this for a bit. The Peach's are discussing Dedede counterpicks as of late, and your board has a surprising lack of stage discussion.

So Dedede no like Jungle Japes, Norfair, and Rainbow Cruise? Huh...

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Any stage with multiple platforms at different heights.

Norfair, Lylat Cruise, 75m, They are all bad.

Worst is probably, Brinstar If we keep melee in this, and 75m with just brawl stages.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Lylat?

I believe every player finds Lylat annoying because of the edge and how it moves.

IMO the stage itself is not THAT bad for DDD.

Once you get past all that... I guess it's kinda dumb still lol. Mostly because the tilt in the stage prevents downhill cg's.

Norfair is the worst. Brinstar isn't so bad.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
i think ddd's worst stages would probably be norfair, luigis mansion, and skyworld (for obvious reasons)

best stages: smashville, lylat cruise, and rainbow cruise

CO18

Smash Hero
Hmm Norfair is the perfect cp For diddy though XD but other than that norfairs pretty bad for ddd.

I dont know if its moreso ddd being bad on luigis mansion or some characters just being extremely broken there like olimar and mk.

My fav stage to cp against people is pokemon stadium melee and halberd(up tilt kills at 70 ftw)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hannenbow I hear is especially terrible for DDD, assuming it isn't banned. I can see that he can't CG on that stage, and that the level structure in general can probably be extremely annoying for DDD to work around.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't really have much trouble on any stage, I mostly counter pick stages that would hurt my opponent.

Lylat is a bit annoying, but I still use it.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Frigate...IDK why but chexr counterpicked it on me once and since then I cant ever play well on that stage with DDD >.<

Irsic

Smash Ace
Against DDD I generally counterpick Jungle Japes and I find that I can pretty much **** it up, being that I use Lucas and Fox.

With Lucas I can just annoy the hell out of you with PKThunder and PK freeze floats up to the smaller platforms really well.

With fox...it's extremely easy to shine you into the water. I just feel that the whole level is just hazardous for DDD. So I always CP with it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
that's because you are playing bad people.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
:/ Seeing people discussing banned stages really irks me.

Dedede's worst stage is Norfair, period. No chaingrab, limited land room for you to maneuver and space yourself on (lack of ftilt = lame), and dangerous lava that really screws with Dedede. The only redeeming qualities are that there are multiple edges to recover on, and that your utilt kills very quickly from the top platforms. And even then, it takes forever to kill off the top from the lower platforms, so you still get screwed over.

Why are people saying Jungle Japes is bad? The Klap Trap comes every 10 seconds...all you have to do is camp the middle platform and CG someone to the Klap Trap for an easy kill. Also, whoever said Green Greens is bad for DDD is SO wrong... but it's banned anyway (so is Luigi's).

Top Bottom