• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede's Ridiculously Good Advanced D-Air Technique

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Once again you prove to be a ******.

The only "pro" that came with melee was people who won money from tournaments.

Oh that's right, you could L cancel and "wavedash"

gg n00b sauce.

Once again you fail.

Waddle

Smash Ace
If youre a pro, who were you known as please? I asked for it earlier but you just said "Im 2nd tier pro"

Doval

Smash Lord
matthiewmilad said:
And as far as rolling while shielding, I don't know. I don't think they can. Go try it and then let me know.
Just tried it. It's not a block string. Can't roll (too many start-up frames) but you CAN sidestep safely between the hits. As a matter of fact, that little rule seems to apply to practically every multi-hit attack. Basically, you can't use it to chip away at shields if the opponent knows he can sidestep.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Seriously, this guy is getting owned by everyone.

Someone close this page please, it makes no sense to have a thread that is just full of flames and flammers.

And that Japanese tier list is basically BS.

You can't make a tier list after only 2 months.

It's gonna take at least 6 or 12 months for an accurate tier list to be made.

And Japan is garbage son.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Once again you prove to be a ******.

The only "pro" that came with melee was people who won money from tournaments.

Oh that's right, you could L cancel and "wavedash"

gg n00b sauce.

Once again you fail.
If youre a pro, who were you known as please? I asked for it earlier but you just said "Im 2nd tier pro"

I will admit that I didn't really go to tourneys my last 2 years of my Melee career. But I would play regularly with the same people that did go, and I was on par with them.

But if you recognize GA Smashers like Mike G, GA Wes, GA Peach, Casey, Just1111, Carter, 112, then those are some people I've played with.
I played with GA Peach and Casey most regularly. Go find GA Peach/Marty vids on You Tube.
I don't even know why you care how recognized I am in Melee since it has nothing to do with skill. Also, I don't know why you care about how good I was at Melee, since I'm throwing around a BRAWL technique.

Thanks again.

Waddle

Smash Ace
Im just wondering because newbs always run around saying that they were "pro" and its ********. And if you havent played in the past 2 years, you apparently arent a pro. People who claim to be pros when they arent just bug me is all. Funny thing about your response is that you arent even answering my question, but its okay I dont need to bother I guess.

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
lol

to everyone going "well duh this was obvious"

I can't wait until next time they play dedede they start double jumping their down airs every match

ok so the topic title was an exaggeration. So what, this is still a helpful thread to at least some degree so degrading it by throwing insults around for no reason is silly, and certainly bringing into question the TC's skill, especially at melee, is totally irrelevant

>_> seriously

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I have done this from the start of my Dedede play. It's really good, with no lag, d-air is a sick move!

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Im just wondering because newbs always run around saying that they were "pro" and its ********. And if you havent played in the past 2 years, you apparently arent a pro. People who claim to be pros when they arent just bug me is all. Funny thing about your response is that you arent even answering my question, but its okay I dont need to bother I guess.
I played the past two years more than ever. It is just that I didn't go to any tournaments during this time (I have a life and I have other things to do, sorry) but I still played with people that would go to tournies. Not going to tournies does not necessarily make me any worse than the people that do go to tournies.

Just because you can "wavedash" and "l-cancel" doesn't make you a pro, son.

GTFO
Once again, you're an idiot.

lol

to everyone going "well duh this was obvious"

I can't wait until next time they play dedede they start double jumping their down airs every match

ok so the topic title was an exaggeration. So what, this is still a helpful thread to at least some degree so degrading it by throwing insults around for no reason is silly, and certainly bringing into question the TC's skill, especially at melee, is totally irrelevant

>_> seriously
Thank you.

Ugh.

n00bs will be n00bs I guess. . . .

*Unsubscribes*
Yes, I guess you will be a n00b. Good day to you.

I have done this from the start of my Dedede play. It's really good, with no lag, d-air is a sick move!
Yes, yes it is.

J4pu

Smash Champion
this is so obvius that isnt even funny... really

if you do all the aerial in the air, you will have no lag :O!!
you're a genius!!
helicopter for top tier!

please...

this is one of the useless thread in this boards since the spam, "dedede throw a dragoon"!!
or "dedede can throw smash balls with itemz off"

you're trying to gain post right ?
because i dont found any other reason for this threads, and your false statements like
" No, no it is not obvious. I have told Dedede pros this, and it is new to them. They've been using full hops up until now, but mostly they have been avoiding using the move too much.
Hopefully it will be used more now, as it is incredibly beastly when used properly."

what a waste of topic

sorry for the english.

P.D: Dedede is not top tier. Hopefully when more people use this he can jump from around 3rd into 2nd.
WTF!!!!??? 3rd!!!??
Another "fail"-type post by a user with 8 posts
you said he only made this thread to get more posts right, then what do you call what you are doing?
first of all there is no point to insulting a thread, therefore your post seems even more like trying to just get posts, not to mention all you did was completely repeat the things that other people before you said.
It's as if anybody who decides to join smashboards all of a sudden starts thinking, "omg I joined a forum for smash, i'm clearly 1337 and everyone else doesn't know ****"

EDIT- and i also agree with Waddle from a couple posts up, close this thread already, it's done

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Ok, guys, seriously? Why is there all this fighting? Matthew, no one cares how good you are, or how noobish you think some of these people are. Thank you for this info that I didnt kno, but you dont have to freakin say ur a freakin pro and go flaming anyone with thousands of posts. You made a thread about De3. And then you go off worshiping yourself? That pisses me off. De3 is awesome. So dont go in his threads flaming, worshiping yourself, and pretending that you have found some "ridiculously awesome advanced technique." This isnt advanced, and dont pretend that you have found this yourself, dubbed it with your own name you came up with, and think that your 'awesome' find will reserve 2nd highest tier for him. And dont gimmie crap about my number of posts. Other people on this thread agree with me.

On the other hand, this wasnt that obvious to me so thank you for the info.

Can we please talk about Dedede now? Either that or someone close this.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
Get a mod to close this thread. It's not even about Dedede anymore.
i approve, its a shame such a useful thing(not a technique) can be ruined by hype & arguing over the hype.
why couldnt this thread creator just say "hey if you didnt notice you can pull off Dairs by doublejumping..." instead of saying how ddd will "jump up a few places on the tier list"
and how its a technique.
its his moveset, not a "RIDICULOUSLY good advanced dair technique"

ridiculously good advanced? wtf? jumping TWO times instead of ONE before you do dair?
lmao, that sure is advanced...

Waddle

Smash Ace
Seriously, I hate seeing this high on the Dedede thread list (even though I guess I just made it go back up). For cereal, this needs to get closed.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
i approve, its a shame such a useful thing(not a technique) can be ruined by hype & arguing over the hype.
why couldnt this thread creator just say "hey if you didnt notice you can pull off Dairs by doublejumping..." instead of saying how ddd will "jump up a few places on the tier list"
and how its a technique.
its his moveset, not a "RIDICULOUSLY good advanced dair technique"

ridiculously good advanced? wtf? jumping TWO times instead of ONE before you do dair?
lmao, that sure is advanced...
This is true. Just like i said earlier. Not a ridiculously good techinique. And apparently already found by De3 players before b/c they said so on this thread. God, this doesnt even deserve your own freakin name for it mathew b/c it is NOT AN ADVANCED TECHNIQUE.

this thread=ok info
but also this thread=phailure, lies (see ENTIRE first post, ie. "RIDICULOUSLY good advanced dair technique" lmao about 3-4 different lies in that 5 sentence phrase) and uselessness.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
This is actually really good. If you use dair from the ground you need to use this. This is a good approach at times and if there shield as low you will stop them from blocking. Landing with no lag you can follow up with whatever you want, and can avoid being shieldgrabbed by moving during it.

And I watched latest vids from some of the people that said how it was so obvious and they shorthop dairs and get punished for the lag.

The people who started the flaming in this thread are stupid, maybe he did go a bit too far in describing it and stuff but it is really good and useful.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I never said this wasn't good info. I complained about the "RIDICULOUSLY good awesome unstopable incredible new sweet technique!!!!" statement. Yes, I will integrate this now b/c there is no lag. But a double jump + an airial is not an incredible technique. It is just part of the King's moveset.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I hate everybody, on both sides of this argument, you all suck.

On one side, the people defending this thread, have no sense of context, all the immature excitement, illusions of grandeur, and arrogance. On the other side, the people hating on this topic take themselves so seriously, with a stern attitude of professionalism, cynically ragging on anybody who wants to simply have fun...playing a goofy video game.

There, now you can forget your squabbles and become a unified community against me.

DO IT *******.

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
I hate everybody, on both sides of this argument, you all suck.

On one side, the people defending this thread, have no sense of context, all the immature excitement, illusions of grandeur, and arrogance. On the other side, the people hating on this topic take themselves so seriously, with a stern attitude of professionalism, cynically ragging on anybody who wants to simply have fun...playing a goofy video game.

There, now you can forget your squabbles and become a unified community against me.

DO IT *******.
sorry, as much as i hate you i hate this thread 10 times more.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Ok, guys, seriously? Why is there all this fighting? Matthew, no one cares how good you are, or how noobish you think some of these people are. Thank you for this info that I didnt kno, but you dont have to freakin say ur a freakin pro and go flaming anyone with thousands of posts. You made a thread about De3. And then you go off worshiping yourself? That pisses me off. De3 is awesome. So dont go in his threads flaming, worshiping yourself, and pretending that you have found some "ridiculously awesome advanced technique." This isnt advanced, and dont pretend that you have found this yourself, dubbed it with your own name you came up with, and think that your 'awesome' find will reserve 2nd highest tier for him. And dont gimmie crap about my number of posts. Other people on this thread agree with me.

On the other hand, this wasnt that obvious to me so thank you for the info.

Can we please talk about Dedede now? Either that or someone close this.

Maybe you should read everything that was said, and then read what I said afterwards. Don't pretend like I implied something that I didn't, and don't tell me that I said something that someone else actually said. Thanks.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
This is actually really good. If you use dair from the ground you need to use this. This is a good approach at times and if there shield as low you will stop them from blocking. Landing with no lag you can follow up with whatever you want, and can avoid being shieldgrabbed by moving during it.

And I watched latest vids from some of the people that said how it was so obvious and they shorthop dairs and get punished for the lag.

The people who started the flaming in this thread are stupid, maybe he did go a bit too far in describing it and stuff but it is really good and useful.
Thanks again. Also, I've found that a great application other than advancing with it is to do it out of your shield when someone attacks your shield. Then it is guaranteed ****.

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
congrats matthew you single handedly destroyed the ddd forums, i dont know why this thread isnt locked yet, i think the moderators enjoy reading your ******** posts.

flames have been extinquished, this is cold hard truth.
the super ridiculous omg crazy top tier technique, has ruined your credibility.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
congrats matthew you single handedly destroyed the ddd forums, i dont know why this thread isnt locked yet, i think the moderators enjoy reading your ******** posts.

flames have been extinquished, this is cold hard truth.
the super ridiculous omg crazy top tier technique, has ruined your credibility.
Lol ok buddy.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Are you just pointing out that you can full-hop D-air to take advantage of how long it lasts in mid-air?

I personally don't think its that great because the last few hits of the d-air are the hits you want.

You really can't approach with a full-hop d-air now... >_>

And even if your opponent rushed at you and you do this, your only going to get the first few hits which aren't that great.

I do use double (Triple, quadruple, whatever) jump d-air because the rise isn't that high so you can actually connect with practically all of the hits.

Its situational though it really only works if they go towards you not the other way around.

Met

Smash Ace
hahaha good stuff. i would also like to add to the crazy goodness of this thread by telling you guys a tech that i discovered a while back ago. its called wall of paining with the back airs.

dude I was doing this to chillin before it even came out in the U.S. its pretty simple.

Waddle

Smash Ace
New advanced tech: If you choose DDD and hold R before the select stage screen and keep holding it until you enter the level, you can play as Waddle Dee.

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
New advanced tech: If you choose DDD and hold R before the select stage screen and keep holding it until you enter the level, you can play as Waddle Dee.
true, whyd you have to tell them waddle?
good thing they dont know how to evolve pikachu into raichu.
(his downB collapses the stage)

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I short hop dair..... dash sh dair as you go up. Just to change up the RARed bairs.

Jumanji

Smash Cadet
Those that are true "pros" should realize that information like this will be news to some people. If ANYONE finds a post useful is it really a useless post? Perhaps you are simply not the audience for this post, after all not all posts are going to be applicable to all people. You can look no further than the tier lists, which is only applicable to those 100 or some players that play at the metagame level, to see a post that is by its nature esoteric. Perhaps those that responded to your comments did so slightly.. defensively, and perhaps the initial assertion that this technique was unknown or may rocket DDD up the tier list was also false, but the point is the post has helped some people learn the game better. Relax, do not flame newbies for learning the game, this is a new game, there are not massive compilation of data yet that are easily accessible and those who do not play in the hot beds are not exposed to this stuff very easily.

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
i hate jumanji, the movie, and sure this may have helped people but if they think its a SUPER ADVANCED RIDICULOUS CRAZY 5 DOLLARS OFF TECHNIQUE theyll try it against advanced opponents, use it at the wrong time, and get punished because of it.
its not ridiculously good, its good. its the same as thunderstorming, but with ddds dair.
people have said this before on these forums, they presented it as it is.
this dude just revived it and make his own thread about it, hyping it up because he thinks it will be super crazy ridiculous help for all king ddd users.

he just failed trying

dan smith

Smash Champion
The moderation of this forum has always been really relaxed. I contacted a mod about it a while back, when we had the "I threw ____ with items off" epidemic...but it still seems pretty tame.

I mean, I called errbody ******* and didn't get squat.

Maybe I'll start a kiddy pron thread. JAYKAY.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
failure!!

djc? i know i didn't read this thread but no djc its just a decent lag cancel.

ya wanna know what dair is for??? jump up from a ledge and hit dair immediately, and start comboing then.

dedede is so great.

Top Bottom