• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Jet Hammer shuffle glitch

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Its much easier for me if I put my (left hand) thumb to the side of the control stick and apply pressure, I can't control the minor amount of tilt if I have my thumb on the control stick.
this helped me some, i wasnt able to do it at all at first, then tried using this method.. it seems a little easier but its still pretty difficult to do...

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
For those that don't understand how this works, it is basically just very, very short walks rapidly while using the hammer. The reason this is possible to do is because when the hammer is fully charged, it makes the gamecube controller rumble(any other controller doesn't work, and the wavebird doesn't work either). You have to have the control stick slightly right or left of down. That means the rumble causes it to shake between down and a direction, therefore it produces the short rapid walks that can't be done without rumble.
Here is my theory(completely untested). I say that if someone could make their gamecube controller rumble the whole time they played, they could do this whenever they want with King Dedede, and possibly other characters who have an inexplicably fast walking startup animation.

Jun.

Smash Lord
dedede can super wavedash

brawl is starting to look like it has "depth" lol

i hope that this move is the new SWD of brawl and i hope people will be able to use this to pwn

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
Not really...

While this is probably the coolest looking glitch i've seen come out of brawl so far, i can't see this being all that useful. Even if you could do it on command, d3 still has to raise his hammer over his head, so unless you're trying to go across a pretty large distance, the dedede's regular dash would probably still be faster. It's also pretty straightforward, because you can only do one move out of it and (as far as we know) come to a stop as soon as you swing the hammer. It wouldn't really work into mindgames because you're only really going in one direction unless someone could hammer glitch dash dance, but that seems nearly impossible considering how hard it is to get the glitch to work in the first place.

wall of text ftw

Choppah

Smash Rookie
This glitch is not going to be ground breaking for D3. It's slow, it's hard to get it going, and it's hard to hit anything with it. Little glitches like these happen. Every glitch isn't always supposed to be taken as breaking a game or adding depth to it. Get over it.

Jun.

Smash Lord
so is samus's swd in melee ground breaking or no?

watch a phanna vid and the answer is there

point is we'll never know until later on

Choppah

Smash Rookie
D3 is not Samus nor does this move have the same properties of a SWD. Point is, you're fooling yourself into thinking this is easily usable and effective.

Waddle

Smash Ace
SWD > Dedede Shuffle. The only things that are the same is that they're for show only and they send you across the area.

Choppah

Smash Rookie
To be fair, I'm gonna have to disagree with you, Waddle. SWD was not just for show, and as junkimchi said, you could check out a phanna vid and you can see the different usages of the SWD. The shuffle just shouldn't be compared to a SWD of any sort.

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
who would've thought that the fastest character in brawl would be an overweight penguin lugging around a giant hammer......

Waddle

Smash Ace
Can someone answer my question please.
Do I tap the direction or hold the direction when Im walking?
I still have yet to do a gigantic dash.

Choppah

Smash Rookie
Can someone answer my question please.
Do I tap the direction or hold the direction when Im walking?
I still have yet to do a gigantic dash.
Hold the stick right in the spot between not walking and walking. It's pretty hard to do and honestly, you don't need to learn it. Funny though.

xandeR-

Smash Apprentice
For those of you who have wavebirds, try this:

Turn your controller off and then lightly hold your analog stick to the left.

Turn on your controller and then try to jet hammer. If you got the right angle (this takes several tries), you should just dash off without touching the analog stick.

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
This is so useless, I know we all miss Wave dashing but we don't have to sacrifice percentage just to make Dedede move around faster with a useless attack, we avoided Pichu in Melee for that same reason. While it's a good find, I still find it useless.

P.S. I'm pretty sure it's not a glitch either, the rocket of the hammer just gives Dedede extra boost.

Met

Smash Ace
:laugh: I Lol'ed.

Samus's SWD is in no way gamebreaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZhgTxDvkZg

phanna didn't use it. Nor did he abuse it. While either winning or losing.

It's faster and better then this stupid **** though.
wow you are a idiot.

The point of this isn't to swd or anything like that. If you could control this you could tech chase someone out of a roll with a fully charged rocket hammer. the down b could possibely have a use.

whisperingtears

Smash Apprentice
I think its possible that this was included in the game. It would make sense that the jet hammer would speed DeDeDe across the screen. Regaurdless of glitch or not this might just rocket (pun intended)Dedede to the top tier, as the most versitile char.

Hamma

Smash Rookie
for some reason i cant seem to do it. will it dash as soon as you slightly tilt the joystick or does it pause then u shoot across?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, it's not useful. You didn't have to bump this thread to ask that.

This thread is definitely a good source of lulz though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Hi, Tesh speaking. I'm new here, so pardon me if I am handing out useless information. I tend to rant, so I highlighted the relevant information.
I've only had the game for about 50 days now, so I haven't played as DDD yet.
However, I saw this thread from the character boards screen and I love hearing about glitches.

Long story made short: I read the thread, watched the videos, turned on my wii and tried it.
No one here mentioned that you have do this very easily using the wii remote and nunchuck, it seems.
I tried it with the gamecube controller, I don't have a classic controller yet. Its a bit difficult. But with the wii remote and nunchuck, if you set the Dpad(Not sure what its called, the directional cross above the A button) to do smashes (or at least the left and right buttons), every time you press smash left or smash right, you will move in that direction slightly. So all you have to do is tap the direction you want to go in very quickly to do this. I tried it, it works, but I also agree that it might not be useful. Once you jump you go back to the normal very slow speed, so I guess its like jigglypuffs rollout, they can escape by just jumping.

As for rumble possibly causing this, maybe you are right, I couldn't get the tilting thing to work more than just one small step on wiimote/nunchuck. Maybe it is because the nunchuck does not rumble, the wiimote does. In any case, in a live match, I think the wild frantic tapping of the button might warn your opponent right?

Top Bottom