• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games NewD3 Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Swiss

Smash Lord
I'll take the Font yeet but frankly I reckon Eido Font both town.

Eido has to vote with me here or get yeeted.
Wam Maven game is up to you two mostly since you're locktown.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Swiss, I think Laser makes the kill on Sabrar. His read on Somi is in the null/softer range I expect the buddy to take. And others have been Townier - the POE points to him.

You're also locktown, btw, along with Maven. This post clears you. We can also clear Fonti if someone with better Somi-reading skills comes in and makes the call as to whether he was using her to secure the misyeet on you. That post is worth 2 strong reads.

Er, gotta work. Bye

Wam

Smash Ace
Swiss Swiss

I'm reading laser as town mainly on his efforts to sort bessie. I went back to the lynch to have a quick re read

^
I can't say I really trust fonti at all, but Swiss is reading super scummy in this exchange.

Will think on this. I'll be back closer to deadline.

That's L-1, FYI.

I guess we're yeeting somi then.

I'll be around right up until deadline.
I think scum laser would have followed font an pushed you as an alternative harder. Whereas laser seemed to be ambivalent to a somi lynch.

Wam

Smash Ace
Swiss, I think Laser makes the kill on Sabrar. His read on Somi is in the null/softer range I expect the buddy to take. And others have been Townier - the POE points to him.

You're also locktown, btw, along with Maven. This post clears you. We can also clear Fonti if someone with better Somi-reading skills comes in and makes the call as to whether he was using her to secure the misyeet on you. That post is worth 2 strong reads.

Er, gotta work. Bye
Its been a very long time since I was lock town its a weird feeling!

Wam

Smash Ace
I got confused about posts and got ninjad and thought the above was swiss not eido

Wam

Smash Ace
Eido Eido why could that post not be scum somi knowing hes very likely to be lynched and distancing from buddy swiss?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Because Somi is just a goon. He doesn't eagerly wait for Fonti to make a case on his PR buddy as an attempt to survive the yeet. He would offload pressure on to a misyeet.

The bigger question that resolves Fonti is whether he's using her here to make that happen.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss Swiss

I'm reading laser as town mainly on his efforts to sort bessie. I went back to the lynch to have a quick re read

I think scum laser would have followed font an pushed you as an alternative harder. Whereas laser seemed to be ambivalent to a somi lynch.
Nah he seemed unsure as to what to do. Scum

Wam

Smash Ace
Nah he seemed unsure as to what to do. Scum
It's been a while since I played with scum laser but I think scum laser is more confident.
bessie bessie What are your thoughts/notes on this?

Because Somi is just a goon. He doesn't eagerly wait for Fonti to make a case on his PR buddy as an attempt to survive the yeet. He would offload pressure on to a misyeet.

The bigger question that resolves Fonti is whether he's using her here to make that happen.
But that relies on the swiss lynch being viable and with a hammer only system there was a tiny % chance at that point thay swiss was going to be the lynch. Also in this example swiss could have been coaching somi to say that.

Eido Eido Swap the players does scum swiss there jump at an opportunity to vote his buddy. Highly likely imop

Wam

Smash Ace

Er, gotta work. Bye
Eido am I above or below swiss in your town reads?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
But that relies on the swiss lynch being viable and with a hammer only system there was a tiny % chance at that point thay swiss was going to be the lynch. Also in this example swiss could have been coaching somi to say that.
See, I think it could have been viable. This isn't based on much, but we saw the last minute scramble on to Swiss end of Day, right? That could have happened with, say, an extra ten minutes.

Swiss is above you, I feel strongly about that Somi post. I think you're probably Town here tho, Wam, from the way you voted Somi initially.

Wam

Smash Ace
Being blunt I disagree completely with your analysis there but that's the joy of the game. It's hard to analyse my own play but I would put the odds of me being somi partners due my position of the somi lynch as minuscule when compared to the possibility of somi distancing from swiss as a partner.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Oh, absolutely. It's addictive. We're all detectives here.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Sigh.

Swiss, Laser, if Eido was town he would have been shot last Night after he made that slip that Sabrar called out as a possible pr thing (in retrospect, Sabrar did that to cover himself, and it's possible someone picked up on it, but then they still should have shot Eido and Sabrar, not Gorf.)

The main reason to not shoot town!Eido is if the scum thinks they need him as a misyeet, in which case they wouldn't have have killed two of the three people who wanted to kill him.

You could argue that I left Eido alive because he townread me, but so did Gorf and Sabrar, and that's still not a good reason to let someone who might have pr slipped live.

I understand you all think Eido sounds townish, I see that too. But he's just imitating what he's seen other players do. His perspective is warped, he sees me, Wam and Swiss as town and works backwards. He's not paranoid, he does not second guess himself because he already knows the answers. And he sees the scum pov on role stuff and how somi going down would feel easily, but doesn't pick up on town pov things without working at it.

We need to kill him. He's a wolf. He's going to be a very good wolf one day, but he's a wolf nonetheless.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ok.

Wam, Eido is correct re:Swiss, because Somi's particular wording regarding my Swiss push is always him hoping the push us real. It's not a reaction to his partner getting caught.

But Eido is correct for the wrong reasons, he doesn't really get why that reaction from Somi clears Swiss, he just knows it does.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I will not get past Eido this game. I am sure enough on him being scum that I literally cannot look elsewhere.

Wam is obviously town. Swiss is town. Bessie is town. Laser is probably town, and the only person I remotely I could be wrong on.

Just kill Eido.

I don't care that he sounds calm, or ok with death, or that he's still posting content, when that's exactly what the article I gave him told him to do as scum and when everything else about him screams wolf.

Just kill him.

Wam

Smash Ace
I'm in a position now where I'm confident that if we elim font and eido we 90%+ win the game. The order doesn't matter to me so if someone wants to hammer eido go for it.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Quick post I'm on my way to work and won't be back until tonight.

Ok then

Vote bessie
Wam you should have held this a little while longer to see if anyone followed up.

I don't see Eido!Scum, I also don't see a real case.

Just people moaning about his general weirdness.
Start here: #302

I really don’t read anything into somitomi’s comment on Swiss other than just somi making filler commenting on other people’s content while not adding anything of his own. You know, power wolfing.

I disagree that this post clears Swiss. For all the non-xkcders, somitomi is not a newbie, he’s an experienced player, so looking for newbie scum tells isn’t going to be a valid way to analyze his content.

It's been a while since I played with scum laser but I think scum laser is more confident.
bessie bessie What are your thoughts/notes on this?
I will think about it today. I ‘ve seen LaserGuy confident as either alignment but scum LaserGuy does tend to be more overconfident. I need to think about ambivalent LaserGuy.

I agree with most od fonti’s #734. I might comment later when I have more time.

I don't care that he sounds calm, or ok with death, or that he's still posting content, when that's exactly what the article I gave him told him to do as scum and when everything else about him screams wolf.
Why didn't this bother you on D1? Eido's been power wolfing since the first page.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Welp, I'm not power wolfing.

I'm not even wolfing >_>

I will haunt you all from the grave.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I disagree that this post clears Swiss. For all the non-xkcders, somitomi is not a newbie, he’s an experienced player, so looking for newbie scum tells isn’t going to be a valid way to analyze his content.
Does goon offload the pressure from them to the role cop like this though? Probably not. Scum!Somi eagerly waits for a case from Fonti because it's an opportunity for him to escape and grab a misyeet on Swiss.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Have I mentioned before that I really really dislike LAMIST-type comments?

Did anyone read my Sabrar case?
Wam, can you take a look at my Sabrar case for the note on #346? It’s the only line that is underlined in the entire post, I caught it on my reread.

I've really got to go now.

Wam

Smash Ace
bessie bessie

I didnt hold it because a) I didnt think anyone would take it seriously b) I'm an impatient so and so.

I have read the case I missed the underlined bit. Having looked I think sabrar had something there so good spot.

I'm now swapping my reads slightly I think eido is scummier than font.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT v2.3

Eido (3): Fontisian, Laserguy, Wam
Fontisian (1): Swiss
Laserguy (1): Eido

Not Voting (2): Bessie, Maven

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate!

Deadline is in approximately 14 hours

Last edited:

Wam

Smash Ace
Bessie wanted to think about laser but laser isn't today's elim unless I have read the room very wrong.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Bessie wanted to think about laser but laser isn't today's elim unless I have read the room very wrong.
Sure, but worst case scenario for Bessie, Eido isn't a wolf and then she dies Tonight, without getting her thoughts out.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Very confident clears here.

Like, no worry about wifom, no reasoning just a rapido push on Font.
I didn't really feel the need to make a towncase for either of you at the time since it seemed fairly straightforward based on the previous day's events.

You also should know from our last game that a locktown read from me only lasts about one day phase and I will re-evaluate as necessary. I just think you/Wam are so unlikely to be mafia compared to other players that it isn't really worth investing a lot of energy in at this point in time.

Laser who are you actually pushing this game? Because you've never made a proper push on font.
I made the case for her back in #316, and have been pushing for her up until the last page or two.

Alright.

Vote: Fonti

Wam

Smash Ace
No but i may not be around at deadline so will leave my vote on font or eido.

Top Bottom