• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Rajam

Smash Champion
One question: what does breadcrumbing mean?

Happens when a player is so bad that explodes and pulverizes himself

It means giving hidden hints within visible text, like:

"Common guys!

Open your eyes...

Probably just hinted my role here"

The guy above breadcrumbed being a cop with the initial uppercase letters in each paragraph

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well **** me running, I'll /in that ****.

Last edited:

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
So, how about making the minis faster paced? 3-4 day deadlines with 24 hour minimum (with more posts expected, of course) prods and 24 hour nights. I think there are some players who could keep up with it, and it offers variety to those who want a short and sweet game. It does not make much sense for minis to be paced the same as regular games.

I understand this idea being met with resistance due to the established activity guidelines, but I think it's worth a shot. If it does not work, just go back to the regular one.

Chaco

Never Logs In
So, how about making the minis faster paced? 3-4 day deadlines with 24 hour minimum (with more posts expected, of course) prods and 24 hour nights. I think there are some players who could keep up with it, and it offers variety to those who want a short and sweet game. It does not make much sense for minis to be paced the same as regular games.

I understand this idea being met with resistance due to the established activity guidelines, but I think it's worth a shot. If it does not work, just go back to the regular one.
I agree with this to a certain extent, but barring something comes up for someone, or they have a V/LA it means forced replacement due to a possible whole day missed. I agree with them not being as long as normal paced games, but eh, I think most minis should run 6ish days, and LARGE theme games should be the only ones spanning close to two weeks. Drop 14 days though, more like 10-12. Depending on just how many players are in it.

You have to think about lurkers though, and people who prod dodge and the like, cause it would cause a lot of distress in a mini game with someone hardly posting, but abiding the rules. You can expect them to post more, but odds, are, a lot will approach the game with the same style, probs.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
You're aware that most games run at 8 day deadlines?

I don't see players sticking to their usual pace as an argument when they'd know about the different pace in the first place. If players who swear by 48 hour prods and 8 day deadlines see minis as too fast, then they can stick to those games.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm fully aware. I just think there's a lot of things that don't mesh with those short of deadlines. In theory, it's a great idea. But I think in practice, you'll notice it leaving large gaps of info, a player trying to keep up the activity, and them falling in at times when they can trying to meet these ideals of posting more. I'd love to see it tried, I just don't think it'd work well with what I've seen of our player base nowadays.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm cool with M-F. If it starts this Monday, I wont be back til Tuesday sometime though.

Maven89

Smash Master
I don't think the best way for a new player to learn the game is to join a mini filled with experienced players, due to how easy it is for them to manipulate the newbie and how easy it is for the newbie to **** it all up while having no idea what he's doing

there should be like, a newbie mini

JeXs

Smash Champion
Lack of newbies make it hard. The experienced players would give legit advice regardless of their alignment, look at the first game I was in, Gorf was scum and he did give me advice.

Chaco

Never Logs In
We used to have newbies, DGames just isn't as large as it once was, and doesn't have as many newbies coming in.

A good place to participate in newbies would be on MafiaScum.net. They host a lot of newbie games because they're a site dedicated to mafia. They're a LOT more uppity than the players in DGames and play with a much different style, mainly. However, it'll still help you a lot to play amongst them. They have two IC's, inexperience challenged players, in each game to give advice and help out overall. That's where I'd look for a few newbie games, and get the general feel, then jump back into the feel of games here. I personally used to find DGames more fun in comparison to MafiaScum, but as far as fundamentals go, they'll get you on the right track fo sho.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
A good place to participate in newbies would be on MafiaScum.net.
**** NO!!

ms has some good players. the newbies try to morph yu into an acronym spittin robot wit no effort to introduce nuances of the game. throwin ****** into the deep end here at least opens their eyes to a variety of playstyles. ms yu cant do crazy **** til yu branch past the newbies at which point yull b confused at different playstyles due to the newbie games preparation not bein in sync

the best way to learn to play is to read games that had good play in them. unfortunately it wuldnt go over well to be like "go read these hundreds of pages noob" so i opt for our current system. an all newbie game cant b done wit the low # of ****** incoming

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So, I've been playing Town of Salem which is a much faster paced version of mafia, most games take about 10 - 15 minutes. So after playing this, I want to see try a full fledged version or at least a mini. Though, I want to know to anyone who has played ToS is there any significant difference between the two besides how long each game is? 'Cause I'm thinking about joining one of these, here.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
well youre in luck, cuz

GORF'S GRASS VS WEEDS MAFIA IS NOW OPEN FOR SIGNUPS!

SETUP:

town

3x blades of grass, vanilla townie
1x astroturf, town tracker
1x water, town doctor

mafia

1x weeds, mafia goon
1x tumbleweed, mafia roleblocker

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll /in for you bby

Chaco over-committing onsite and off, hoorahhh. But I got diss.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So, I've been playing Town of Salem which is a much faster paced version of mafia, most games take about 10 - 15 minutes. So after playing this, I want to see try a full fledged version or at least a mini. Though, I want to know to anyone who has played ToS is there any significant difference between the two besides how long each game is? 'Cause I'm thinking about joining one of these, here.
You oughta just read the rulelist of one of the currently ongoing games, and if need be read a few pages. Don't be afraid to join a game <:

Top Bottom