• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
oh word? **** what you heard!

Set Up

This is an open set-up. The flavour is based on the popular television series The Simpsons. Knowlege of flavour will NOT provide any advantages, and is purely in the interest of entertainment.

All roles will be distributed randomly using random.org.

1 x Serial Killer (has a night kill)
2 x Mafia Goons (no night kill)
1 x FBI Agent (Gets "serial killer" or "not serial killer" result)
4 x Vanilla Townies

Mafia wins if they obtain a majority of living players (e.g. 2 Mafia, 1 SK, 1 Town) unless it is 1 Mafia 1 SK alive, where the SK wins.
[/QUOTE]

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's so hard for mafia to win, because they have to deal with SK, and if FBI agent finds him then there's an auto confirmed townie which they have no way to get rid of.

You basically have to outplay the remaining members of town.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
It's so hard for mafia to win, because they have to deal with SK, and if FBI agent finds him then there's an auto confirmed townie which they have no way to get rid of.

It's easy, just get a lylo of Swisscum-Joey-Nabe and you're golden.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
my simspons mafia was better =D

/in simpsons
True story :awesome:. The flavour isn't going to be that relevant this game, I more so just wanted to rerun my set up again.

Isn't that the twewy setup?

:phone:
Yep, isn't it awesome :bee:

Ikr? Especially when the Mafia REPLACES OUT on Day 1 :smirk:

It's easy, just get a lylo of Swisscum-Joey-Nabe and you're golden.
Don't forget Dark Horse!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Also IN CASE ANYONE WAS WONDERING, the flavour is going to be about the various "classic" moments from the Simpsons (which I think capture the humour of the earlier seasons) as well as some of the more under appreciated characters. So the flavour won't be like "Homer, Bart, Lisa, Flanders, etc." It will be more along the lines of...

[collapse=Sample PM]You are an Australian Beer, the Vanilla Townie.

"Something wrong, Yank?"
"…it's pretty big, I guess"

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated[/collapse]

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Vanz, it is a pretty unique setup. I think x1 ran a variation in portal?
Also, how much would it change the setup if the mafia got a kill after the sk died, just to satiate my curiosity

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Vanz, it is a pretty unique setup. I think x1 ran a variation in portal?
Also, how much would it change the setup if the mafia got a kill after the sk died, just to satiate my curiosity

The set up would be WAY too Mafia sided, and pretty anti town in general.

E.g. Mafia get a Night kill

Day 1: Townie is lynched!
Night 1: Townie is killed!
Day 2: Serial Killer is lynched!
END: Mafia endgames Town!

In that scenario, if Mafia don't have a kill then they have to play out a Nightless 2 vs 3. However if the FBI agent is still alive he could potentially be cleared and make it a 50/50 shot.

In general, I look at the factions like this:

Mafia: The weakest faction due to having the toughest time controlling the game. Have to worry about getting lynched AND being killed by the SK. They share a common interest with the SK to lynch a townie (preferably the FBI agent) as it will drastically help their chances of winning. Either member dieing puts Mafia in a terrible scenario. They can win after 2 Day phases but it requires great team work, great manipulation or a lot of luck (or just be Swiss).

Serial Killer: Has to worry about being investigated, getting lynched and killing at least 1 mafia member before Day 3. Assuming the FBI Agent and Serial Killer are NOT lynched on Day 1, randomization gives the Serial Killer a 16.67% chance of hitting the FBI Agent, and the FBI agent has a 13.89% chance of surviving and catching the Serial Killer.

Town: Can lose after two day phases but if they catch the SK early they should generally roflstomp scum.

As you can see, day 1 is a very pretty pivotal day for all factions. I also think SK is probably the strongest faction, or at least has an easier path to victory then most indys.

@Zen: If you don't want to play wanna co-mod?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
To answer your other question:

Portal mafia was similar but I don't think x1 based it on TWEWY.

TWEWY is the same set up as this (I just wanted to run it again)

And Xonar ran this set-up for his private game, except iirc he changed the FBI agent to a Cop.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
/in to host small

Once Marshy gets at my set-up a little more, I should be good to go.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also, open question to any mods or other people in the know on this: What does the immediate future of private games look like, quantity-wise? I've got (what I think is) a killer set-up for a small private with flavor that would be most effective in late September or early October (in other words, it's spooky!). But I don't know if it would be fair to try to run it then since I know Nabe's got his Halloween thing goin' on and I think Zen and Ryker (and possibly others) have been waiting to host stuff and I assume Inferno's Gundam game is still happening sometime in the near future, sooooo....

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
To answer your other question:

Portal mafia was similar but I don't think x1 based it on TWEWY.

TWEWY is the same set up as this (I just wanted to run it again)

And Xonar ran this set-up for his private game, except iirc he changed the FBI agent to a Cop.
That is correct. It was funny talking with Mr Cop every night.

Rajam

Smash Champion

The set up would be WAY too Mafia sided, and pretty anti town in general.

E.g. Mafia get a Night kill

Day 1: Townie is lynched!
Night 1: Townie is killed!
Day 2: Serial Killer is lynched!
END: Mafia endgames Town!

In that scenario, if Mafia don't have a kill then they have to play out a Nightless 2 vs 3. However if the FBI agent is still alive he could potentially be cleared and make it a 50/50 shot.

In general, I look at the factions like this:

Mafia: The weakest faction due to having the toughest time controlling the game. Have to worry about getting lynched AND being killed by the SK. They share a common interest with the SK to lynch a townie (preferably the FBI agent) as it will drastically help their chances of winning. Either member dieing puts Mafia in a terrible scenario. They can win after 2 Day phases but it requires great team work, great manipulation or a lot of luck (or just be Swiss).

Serial Killer: Has to worry about being investigated, getting lynched and killing at least 1 mafia member before Day 3. Assuming the FBI Agent and Serial Killer are NOT lynched on Day 1, randomization gives the Serial Killer a 16.67% chance of hitting the FBI Agent, and the FBI agent has a 13.89% chance of surviving and catching the Serial Killer.

Town: Can lose after two day phases but if they catch the SK early they should generally roflstomp scum.

As you can see, day 1 is a very pretty pivotal day for all factions. I also think SK is probably the strongest faction, or at least has an easier path to victory then most indys.

@Zen: If you don't want to play wanna co-mod?
Why not making the FBI agent not-necessarily town?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also, open question to any mods or other people in the know on this: What does the immediate future of private games look like, quantity-wise? I've got (what I think is) a killer set-up for a small private with flavor that would be most effective in late September or early October (in other words, it's spooky!). But I don't know if it would be fair to try to run it then since I know Nabe's got his Halloween thing goin' on and I think Zen and Ryker (and possibly others) have been waiting to host stuff and I assume Inferno's Gundam game is still happening sometime in the near future, sooooo....
Nabe's got the Halloween game in the fall.
I plan on hosting another Christmas game around winter time.

Zen/Ryker have their's but idk when they are running and Inferno's Gundam game keeps gettting pushed back so it depends on when you want to host it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Don't sweat it, Ruy. Hunter x Hunter will take ages to fill and your mafia will take a while too. Larges aren't particularly popular.

Top Bottom