Debute Smile Idol: Tsubasa Oribe for Smash Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE #Encore Confirmed. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!)

amageish

Smash Lord
And to get the ball rolling, how many of you are hyped for Encore coming this month? You all know I am
I'm pretty excited! TMS#FE has one of my favourite combat systems in a JRPG and I am super down to go back into that world. The only challenge is trying to finish all of the games I have been playing passively before it comes out haha...

Alright everyone, listen up. TMS Encore has officially entered the "Preview" portion of its release. I don't actually know what that means, but I do know it involves people like GameXplain talking about the game ahead of its release.

3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Alright everyone, listen up. TMS Encore has officially entered the "Preview" portion of its release. I don't actually know what that means, but I do know it involves people like GameXplain talking about the game ahead of its release.

GameXplain has a review copy already, they are just playing the new port and giving their thoughts on it.

Not like last time when they did not give a review since old videos were dislike bombed. I hope they like it.

amageish

Smash Lord
All it means is that Nintendo is letting people review the game release content on it early. It's getting some good feedback though!

GameXplain has a review copy already, they are just playing the new port and giving their thoughts on it.

Not like last time when they did not give a review since old videos were dislike bombed. I hope they like it.
If Jon is the critic doing it, then I'd be shocked if it didn't get a Liked-a-Lot or Loved. He's called it one of the best ATLUS games of all time and said on their podcast that he likes it more then Persona 5 (though he did say this pre-Joker-in-Smash, when such a take would probably be less controversial with Nintendo fans). As this game looks to be "the original but better," I don't see it getting a negative or even a middling review.

3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Seen it, this is going to give it more possibility., The Persona 5 fans will be all over it.

Also, we got a new add from Nintendo of America and it is good. The new narrater may sound too serious and overselling the game, but anything better than DJ Master Seal. No one will miss him at all. Too "How do you do, fellow kids?".

amageish

Smash Lord
So thanks to somebody leaking the boxart, we now know there's a Joker costume in the game. Once again, TMS will probably be the closest we get to Persona 5 on Switch.
Woo-hoo more ATLUS costumes! I'm really hoping we get a variety of crossover costumes this time, as just having 4 as DLC in the original game was kind of underwhelming. I'm hoping every party member has at least one ATLUS cosplay, if not more. Hey, as Itsuki already has one, maybe this Joker outfit could even be part of a full Phantom Thieves cosplay set for everyone?

Joker costume is especially appropiate given how Shibuya 109 is also the first dungeon in P5S.

3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This made me happy, I was celebrating it with the others in the TMS server.

I also gotten Encore, going to love this one alot. Hopefully you all are liking the game too.

By the way, what are your thoughts on Tsubasa now? Some say she is unlikely since Sakurai lumped her with the FE characters and we have Byleth. What are your thoughts?

amageish

Smash Lord
By the way, what are your thoughts on Tsubasa now? Some say she is unlikely since Sakurai lumped her with the FE characters and we have Byleth. What are your thoughts?
We still need someone to break the barrier of spirit upgrades, but I do find it interesting/surprising that the spirit event this week isn't to promote TMS#FEE, but an older new Nintendo game. They could, hypothetically, be saving some spirits for a TMS#FEE board in the DLC.

That said, in the timeline which Tsubasa gets in... I may just unplug myself from the concept of the internet, as the current saltstorm over Byleth is a complete nightmare and I can only imagine how much more intensely it would storm if it was from the idol spin-off that sold poorly in its original conception...

M00NFIRE94

Smash Journeyman
At least Mirage Sessions can count as it's own thing despite the Fire Emblem content and had it got a fighter in would've made the best of both worlds IMO. Well better luck next fighter pass, everyone.

Last edited:
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
We still need someone to break the barrier of spirit upgrades, but I do find it interesting/surprising that the spirit event this week isn't to promote TMS#FEE, but an older new Nintendo game. They could, hypothetically, be saving some spirits for a TMS#FEE board in the DLC.

That said, in the timeline which Tsubasa gets in... I may just unplug myself from the concept of the internet, as the current saltstorm over Byleth is a complete nightmare and I can only imagine how much more intensely it would storm if it was from the idol spin-off that sold poorly in its original conception...
You are right, some would still call her an FE character because of her spirit placement and the FE focus of TMS alone. Even if she had her SMT spells with her, someone wouldn't be convinced.

One hope I have is if we get an TMS character at all, they would have their own symbol and spirits, maybe reorganizing Tsubasa too if they can alter the Fire Attack spirit.

amageish

Smash Lord
You are right, some would still call her an FE character because of her spirit placement and the FE focus of TMS alone. Even if she had her SMT spells with her, someone wouldn't be convinced.

One hope I have is if we get an TMS character at all, they would have their own symbol and spirits, maybe reorganizing Tsubasa too if they can alter the Fire Attack spirit.
Yeah... I'd be kind of weird if TMS#FE was considered the same series when Mario Kart has its own section in the My Music, though honestly I wouldn't mind TMS sharing with Fire Emblem if it meant that we could blast J-pop on the high fantasy Fire Emblem stages...

I feel like the salt would be strong no matter how unique the character is and how they're categorized though. A lot of people made it pretty clear that they are angry at Byleth for demonstrating that "Nintendo hasn't learned from the backlash of Corrin" versus the actual character being objectionable... A TMS#FE rep would be another character picked from a recent Fire-Emblem-connected game, chosen before the port even launched...

Staarih

Smash Champion
Hey guys, new fan here. I wanted to get TMS for Wii U at the time but never got around to it, so I’m super glad it arrived to the Switch to get another chance. Hopefully it makes a bigger splash this time. Today we found out it sold like 18k the first week in Japan, so a little less than on the Wii U (23k), but I feel like digital sales will make a bigger part this time and maybe it’ll have longer legs. And maybe western sales will compensate, I really want it to succeed.

Great to see TMS in FEHeroes, should raise awareness a bit. And I’m definitely going to be voting for Tsubasa in Choose Your Legends. And finally, I definitely wouldn’t mind Tsubasa or any TMS character in Smash, even after all the Fire Emblem exhaustion.

3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hey guys, new fan here. I wanted to get TMS for Wii U at the time but never got around to it, so I’m super glad it arrived to the Switch to get another chance. Hopefully it makes a bigger splash this time. Today we found out it sold like 18k the first week in Japan, so a little less than on the Wii U (23k), but I feel like digital sales will make a bigger part this time and maybe it’ll have longer legs. And maybe western sales will compensate, I really want it to succeed.

Great to see TMS in FEHeroes, should raise awareness a bit. And I’m definitely going to be voting for Tsubasa in Choose Your Legends. And finally, I definitely wouldn’t mind Tsubasa or any TMS character in Smash, even after all the Fire Emblem exhaustion.
That was because Nintendo only made a limited amount of copies, I am sure with enough more demand they should have more in stores. Not too worried about TMS's sales the slightest when most apparently get digital copies more these days. FEH should also do its job giving the game that extra publicity, especially with Choose Your Legends being a thing.

And welcome, the more new fans the better. Happy that you are willing to give it a try. Quite the fun RPG experience as someone who had the Wii U original and own the Encore edition.

Just saying that I would like to add my support for Tsubasa in Smash. Great character design, good songs and voiced by Inori Minase, one of my favourite seiyuus as her being Rem from Re;Zero and Kimari from A Place Further than the Universe.

Really hoping later on even we get a bit more TMS representation.

Also posting a diluted version of my opening thoughts of the game here as well.

+This is one of the most stylish games I have ever played and it couldn't be more Fire Emblem meets Persona than ever possible.
+Battle system is great and the animation is really well done.
+One small detail but I absolutely love it is having the background characters as simple colours as it adds to the aesthetic and helps focus on the cast better.

-I mostly bought it for the gameplay but yeah the story is ridiculous. Good premise.
-The localisation change of the ages is annoying me a little bit more than I thought. Most likely because I'm far more used to Japanese now.

Last edited: