• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Debute Smile Idol: Tsubasa Oribe for Smash Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE #Encore Confirmed. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Greetings, Tsubasa thread. We got something to report.

Itsuki knocked this one out of the park in terms of TMS#FE reps, coming in 25th overall, a major boost from last year. Tsubasa hangs out at 49th, followed by Tiki in 64 and Maiko in 69th.

All we can really do is hope these not-bad results (especially for two characters not even in the game yet) will amount to something in the future! It at least shows TMS#FE has demand a year after Encore's release.
Wow, sounds like people have come around to Itsuki. Not that I'm complaining, I like him too. Hopefully we'll at least get a TMS banner this year.

Also, GATEKEEPER WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amageish

Smash Master
Wow, sounds like people have come around to Itsuki. Not that I'm complaining, I like him too. Hopefully we'll at least get a TMS banner this year.

Also, GATEKEEPER WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I definitely saw some people on r/FireEmblemHeroes saying they just wanted more TMS#FE content in general so they picked Itsuki as the character to rally around. Solid choice and it's nice to see him there.

Even if we don't get a full TMS#FE banner, I'll take a couple seasonals if they do another split banner with a few different games represented....

Congrats on Gatekeeper~! I'm impressed (and mildly intimated) by the power of memes.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah, I definitely saw some people on r/FireEmblemHeroes saying they just wanted more TMS#FE content in general so they picked Itsuki as the character to rally around. Solid choice and it's nice to see him there.

Even if we don't get a full TMS#FE banner, I'll take a couple seasonals if they do another split banner with a few different games represented....

Congrats on Gatekeeper~! I'm impressed (and mildly intimated) by the power of memes.
I know a lot of people are worried that the TMS banner was a one time thing, but I'm an optimist (I mean, I'm still getting Balan Wonderworld despite the criticism towards the demo, though to be fair I actually LIKED the demo). It's one of my best and worst qualities.

Also, for what it's worth, Gatekeeper wasn't JUST memes. He may be a minor character, but he's a cool guy. Always chipper, greets you whenever you talk to him, it's not THAT surprising he became popular.

amageish

Smash Master
I know a lot of people are worried that the TMS banner was a one time thing, but I'm an optimist (I mean, I'm still getting Balan Wonderworld despite the criticism towards the demo, though to be fair I actually LIKED the demo). It's one of my best and worst qualities.

Also, for what it's worth, Gatekeeper wasn't JUST memes. He may be a minor character, but he's a cool guy. Always chipper, greets you whenever you talk to him, it's not THAT surprising he became popular.
That's very fair! Optimism is a good thing (and I am glad people are enjoying Balan Wonderworld). I definitely have some hope at least...

True, Gatekeeper's initial popularity was very grassroots. I do think that him going from second place in the interim to first place overall (with the second-most votes a character has ever gotten in the history of CYL, only second to Edelgard) was at least partly on the wings of memes though. That's just an impressive AF jump in the final few days of voting...

amageish

Smash Master
Random: FEH actually acknowledged that Tsubasa is in the game.

They honestly use "TMS exists" as a punchline quite a bit... Farina fainted with shock at Tsubasa's existence last forging bonds, as she was already mid-panic-attack about the various pegasus knights who could potentially outperform her.... Ilyana apparently learned how to use a microwave from Mamori the forging bonds before that... There's been a lot of throwaway jokes, in spite of the game only having 5 units and it having been 1 and 1/3rd years since the last time it got any new content.

Top Bottom