• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Death Note is a pretty popular anime, but now it is over. Anyways, in this thread post things about or related to Death Note. Even though this is a PG-14 anime, keep these posts clean.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Death Note is my favorite. :)

Light's English laugh owns. But up until I heard that, I was almost completely sure that nothing would beat the original laugh. I was wrong. =P

L's my favorite character, he rocks. Second would be Mello.

Weed

Smash Lord
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg Rem Kills L And Watari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg Ryuk Kills Light At The End!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You're gonna have people hate you for putting up spoilers...

Deathnote was a pretty original anime. It incorporated magic and fantasy (the deathnote and the shinigami) as all animes do, but then it put it in a real-world serious situation with cops chasing them around the world, and using legitimate detective logic. Deathnote was and is great.

Atsu

Smash Ace
There's a bunch of threads on this topic already (the majority of them locked).

Anime Death Note

There was one for the manga but it wasn't as popular.

But seeing as how it would need one huge bump, it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Death Note is probably one of my favorite anime/manga from Shonen Jump.

@znintendotaku: I actually laughed :p

@Weed: You shouldn't be posting spoilers here...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The manga was pretty cool, but it falls flat by the end. The anime just ruined it, and don't even get me started on the movies :urg:

There are better shonen out there.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
I seen one of the movies, L change the World. It was alright and I kinda liked the plot sorta, but it didn't feel like Death Note at all. So, yeah, I like the anime better. Haven't read the manga, so that is one of my goals as well.

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
I basically love that anime and actually watched it DUBBED on adult swim. But I just discovered someone about Light's name.

WARNING: Those who love Light's last name and takes it serious, leave now and get killed by Ryuk.

Yagami Light

Now if we were to switch the letters backwards! It would make

Imagay Light For those who still do not understand, It sounds like I-ma-gay Light

But if we were to switch the M and the A, it would sound like this

Iamgay Light

OMG I AM GAY LIGHT RID ME OF THE WORLD AS I VIOLATED MISA-MISA.

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
Death Note = Favorite anime of mine
I find it kind of odd, though, that of all the characters dedicated to catching or killing each other (Light, Near, L, Mello, Misa, Mikami, Soichiro, etc.) it ended up technically being the neutral parties (AKA the shinigami) who caused the most significant deaths.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the Death Note Special 2! That should be really good. I can't wait until it's subbed, I really hope that there is an alternate, Light wins ending. That would basically make my day.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
I really didn't like Light that much. My favorite character was L. Even though I didn't like Light, his way of planning to become a god was pretty cool though.

Top Bottom