• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I loved Death Note, but the manga was better to me. The anime was still ****ing great, but I just liked the manga a lot more. -shrug-

The live action movies weren't THAT good, to me, but still nice.

Edit: I also thought L was the best character, and that Light should have won at the end, lol.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
warner bros bought the rights to death note and are gonna make a movie.

ZACK EFRON FOR LIGHT YAGAMI

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
warner bros bought the rights to death note and are gonna make a movie.

ZACK EFRON FOR LIGHT YAGAMI
Oh well. If they mess it up, I can just deny it's existence. Like, they only made one matrix movie...

AND THEY NEVER MADE A TSUKIHIME ANIME! :mad:. Seriously, they just screwed it up sooo bad.

(I need to make a tsukihime thread later. :3)

Skrlx

Smash Champion
lol no zack efron fanboyism here but that guy looks a lot like light.

Scott!

Smash Lord
While I don't support it, Zac Efron as Light would be an interesting choice. He's always played the charming, barely flawed teenager, so seeing him be cast as someone who presents that face to the world to hide his truly evil core could make Light seem even more evil. Of course, only if Efron could pull it off. But if he could defy his typecasting while using it to lull the audience into a sense of safety, I think it would be worth watching. The biggest issue is whether he could be a convincing villain, and I have lots of doubts.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Death Note pretty much is one of my favourite animes, next to Code Geass.

L vs Kira was pretty much the best thing about the anime, after L died the anime dropped in quality.

I liked Misa, she added a another side to the anime, not quite sure what it is though. Liked the part where she came in the headquarters in here nightie and all the guys blushed.
Fav chars were L, Ryuk, Misa and Kira.

Part of me wanted Kira to win lol.

The Live action movies are pretty terrible imo.

Hoh shiz, my bad!

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Death Note pretty much is one of my favourite animes, next to Code Geass.

L vs Kira was pretty much the best thing about the anime, after L died the anime dropped in quality.

I liked Misa, she added a another side to the anime, not quite sure what it is though. Liked the part where she came in the headquarters in here nightie and all the guys blushed.
Fav chars were L, Ryuk, Misa and Kira.

Part of me wanted Kira to win lol.

The Live action movies are pretty terrible imo.
Spoilers mother****er, ever heard of them?

lol what a mean meme anyways yeah use the spoiler tag next time when you talk about what happens in the anime

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Death Note is probably my second favourite anime (next to FMA).

L is probably my favourite character in the entire series. The only thing i didn't like was that the people i wanted to win, lost. :ohwell:

I wanted L to win...but i sure as hell wanted Light to beat Near. I like Mello's personality. Sort of. >_>

L__

Smash Master
I wanted L to win, OBVIOUSLY. Lol. Then I wanted Kira to win. Near, Mello, Takada, and Mikami were annoying IMHO.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Death Notes generate infinite pages. Someone didn't watch the cunning show all the way through.
lol...comedy...

But I didn't know that either....

Anyway, my username compels me to leave a comment on the show. I was highly amazed with the intelligence of Light and L. It was astounding to see how well they thought their schemes were and the mindgames were unbelievably shocking. Sometimes I felt like a more omniscient Ryuk- giving my comments on the situation to Light as well as L and asking how they were going to concoct a solution to the new problem ( in my mind of course; I'm not gonna talk to the computer screen).

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I actually caught a glimpse of this show on Adult Swim (I think) a while ago and was disgusted with the voice acting. Not that it was particularly bad in relation to anime, but dear God, you can't speak English the way people speak Japanese without looking like an idiot.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Aha I thought that same thing. After a while you just get use to it. I particularly ended up liking Near's voice actor.

Top Bottom